http://basketball.dailyherald.com/article/20170302/sports/170309735/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElhNSYmBkBk

* Charlie Bair, 6-6 F/C, Glenbard South H.S.   16.6 ppg, 11.3 rpg
* Colin Cheaney, 6-3 SG, Batavia H.S.   14.3 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 2.2 apg
* Eric Higgs, 6-0 PG/SG, Farmington H.S.   25.3 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 2.7 spg
* Max Muller, 6-5 G/F, Porta H.S. (Petersburg, IL)   21.1 ppg, 8.1 rpg
* Grant Wolfe, 6-0 PG, Effingham H.S.   20.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 5.5 apg

Gregory Sager

I don't know how hard they were on him, but I know that the Augustana coaches were after Cheaney, too.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

WUPHF

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 10, 2017, 04:00:52 PM
As comedic fodder goes, Giovanine's post-Bradley brag isn't as funny as the Augustana Medical School joke, but that was still an apt and well-timed quip on your part in response to BW's initial comment regarding Giovanine's recruiting prowess.

I think that pre-med program quote stuck with me because I work with so many students who begin their career determined to go to medical school, but end up in management consulting.  Nothing against Augustana, but I am not sure there are many liberal arts institutions that can sell themselves on medical school admissions.

Smitty Oom

Quote from: WUH on April 11, 2017, 08:58:17 AM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 10, 2017, 04:00:52 PM
As comedic fodder goes, Giovanine's post-Bradley brag isn't as funny as the Augustana Medical School joke, but that was still an apt and well-timed quip on your part in response to BW's initial comment regarding Giovanine's recruiting prowess.

I think that pre-med program quote stuck with me because I work with so many students who begin their career determined to go to medical school, but end up in management consulting.  Nothing against Augustana, but I am not sure there are many liberal arts institutions that can sell themselves on medical school admissions.

I know that basically all of the MIAC schools (all are Private Liberal Art schools), from Concordia to St. Olaf, pride themselves on not only great health profession school admissions but preparing their students well for their graduate studies.

WUPHF

Quote from: Smitty Oom on April 11, 2017, 09:36:05 AM
I know that basically all of the MIAC schools (all are Private Liberal Art schools), from Concordia to St. Olaf, pride themselves on not only great health profession school admissions but preparing their students well for their graduate studies.

A lot of private liberal arts colleges punch above their weight in regards to graduate and professional school admissions, but I was thinking specifically of MD or DO admissions.  It is true though that a lot of medical schools host great programs in everything from biostatistics to physical therapy and beyond.

Veinteuno

iwumichigander

Quote from: WUH on April 11, 2017, 12:41:11 PM
Quote from: Smitty Oom on April 11, 2017, 09:36:05 AM

A lot of private liberal arts colleges punch above their weight in regards to graduate and professional school admissions, but I was thinking specifically of MD or DO admissions.  It is true though that a lot of medical schools host great programs in everything from biostatistics to physical therapy and beyond.
Outside of WashU, other UAA schools and a certain CCIW school that places 80% of students in Pre-Med tracks on first try to MD or DO medical school admissions.  Of course, a student has to be willing to live in the science hall 7x24 and wear green colored glasses! And, it's Pre-Denistry track has similar results.

WUPHF

80% is an impressive percentage for any institution.

That is 2% higher than ours over the last four years.

It would be interesting to know how many students arrive in Bloomington with plans to go to medical school, how many still plan to go to medical school after completing general and organic chemistry and how many eventually apply.

markerickson

I know my close friend got into his first med school of choice (Indiana) and he boasted (decades ago) that North Park's placement rate exceeded 90%.  I have no idea what the rate is these days.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

magicman

WUH,
Quoting Coach G on the pre-med statement and then locating it to prove your point was great. Plus K.

Gregory Sager

For what it's worth, Collin Uveges, a 6'2 guard from South Elgin, is tweeting that he is going to be playing basketball for Wheaton next year.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

I've been told that a lot of the Academic All-American process has to do with a school's sports information department and how hard it works at making it happen.

4samuy

I would agree much of that is probably true. But I would think someone on whatever NCAA committee votes on these individuals, has to do some sort of due diligence on the individual and the achievements, right?

AndOne

NCC RECRUIT

North Central is glad to announce that they have received a commitment from 6'1" PG/SG Ryan Hodge of Rock Island Alleman HS. Ryan averaged 10.8 PPG, 4.0 APG, and 2.5 RPG.
In addition to his basketball skills, Ryan is a superior student with a 4.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.

badgerwarhawk

4.5 is pretty impressive so my guess is you might call him a significant addition to the student body AO.   ;)
"Just think twice is my only advice."