WBB: NAC Basketball

Started by wbbfan, February 05, 2005, 12:12:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiscanton

As for Maine-Farmington--

I would like to see Maine-Farmington when they come to Boston, but the only times they come into Boston is for conference play against Wheelock and Lesley, and I know that I would favor Maine-Farmington by at least 40 points against either of these two squads.  Lasell and Mount Ida probably may fare a little bit better, but the Maine schools in the NAC would be clear favorites to soundly defeat these two in conference play.

d3bballinboston

they still beat mt. ida and lasell by say 35 instead of 40.. women's basketball and the nac is really a  joke outside of the top maine schools

wbballfan

The Maine teams in the NAC are the only strong teams in the whole conference either east or west

remsleep

Has anyone seen MMA play?  It appears that Burns, Knight and Gott are playing very well for them.  However, I was surprised that Colby beat them.  What is the scouting report on the mariners?

d3bballinboston

whats up in this league??

d3bballinboston

blah just wanted to put something here :)

Longtooth

anything new in the league

wbballfan

whats with this conference ??? doesnt anyone care to share any info or posts about whats going on in it??

Balder Eagle

How will the Lady Mariners do against The Polar Bears this Wed. ?

Balder Eagle

Nice Job Lady Mariners

POLAR BEAR SCOREBOARD

Jan. 17 W. B'ball vs. ME-Maritime L 51-49

http://www.bowdoin.edu/athletics/

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

deiscanton

Congrats to Coach Craig Dagan.   Maine Maritime is a good team (I remember Brandeis playing them some years back in the consolation game of the WPI Invitational when Julia Knights was a freshman), but I didn't expect this result tonight.  Either Wash U or Chicago was more likely to beat Rochester this weekend than this result to take place. :)

Hoopsville has to invite Coach Dagan and Michelle Gott-Stilwell this upcoming Sunday for interviews.  Could Dave McHugh get working on this for Sunday, please?

And the answer to the trivia question of what play ended Bowdoin's home court winning streak is:  Michelle Gott-Stilwell's "rainbow 3" at the buzzer to get a 2 point victory for the Mariners.  What a way to end it.  

PS-- If NBC Sports is already posting this on their website; is there any chance that ESPN will give highlights of this game on SportsCenter or Cold Pizza tomorrow morning?  :)

Can anybody give me a way to get the game on DVD or video, so that I can watch this?  An "instant classic."

deiscanton

To answer my last question:

It seems that both Bowdoin and Maine Maritime subscribe to the Nextplay service, which allows fans to order DVDs of their recent games for $14.95 a piece if the teams decide to offer that game on the service.   That game was not listed for fans to order at the beginning of the season.  This function is in addition to the game-exchange service for coaches that Nextplay also offers.

Is there any chance that the game can be offered on Nextplay for DIII fans to order DVDs of that game through them?

The service is located at http://www.nextplay.com

d3bballinboston

boy this win gives the NAC some respect in New England.  Well at least in Women's basketball anyways.

deiscanton

Recap score from yesterday...

Maine-Farmington 66, #19 Maine Maritime 62 (OT).

This game was one that I wish had been webcasted or had given fans the opportunity to follow the live stats.  (No intercity bus routes that serve Maine directly stop in Farmington).  As it is, maybe I had to be satisfied with just getting a halftime score update, and a game report at the end.

I won't be surprised if both of these teams end up making the 63 team field in the NCAA tournament again.

I anticipate two more meetings between these teams this season-- the next one will be at Maine Maritime, and then the two teams will probably be meeting in the NAC title game for the automatic bid.

The player of the game would have to be Maine-Farmington's Kari Simpson (Wells, ME).   Maine-Farmington's post-game report explains what she did to influence the outcome of the game for the Beavers more than I could possibly add.