BB: UMAC: Upper Midwest Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:55:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukes

Quote from: biggio34 on April 12, 2009, 10:02:39 PM
What would you consider a pounding?

Well, by scores of 12-0 and 10-2 and 7-1 for the weekend, I have seen much worse. While I don't have a great definition of a pounding, the best initial thing I would give you is giving no chance for the other team to be in the game.

I expect St. Scholastica to win those games, and honestly expect a ten run spread in most UMAC contests. 12-0 sounds great, but when you look at the box, CSS combined for 26 hits in three games, which is good but not a pounding. Also, Game three finished 7-1, but was 4-1 after 7.

schmolph

I would agree maybe pounded was a bad word,but 29-3 over 3 games is anything but a nail biter. CSS tends maybe to play down to the competition but a win is a win. They do seem to win no matter who they play. Im sure it is hard to maintain focus in the weak conference they are in.

BigPoppa

Quote from: dukes on April 11, 2009, 10:14:22 PM
Honestly, I dont really consider that a pounding.

... Ask your mother, Trebek.
Baseball is not a game that builds character, it is a game that reveals it.

biggio34

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 14, 2009, 10:12:10 AM
Quote from: dukes on April 11, 2009, 10:14:22 PM
Honestly, I dont really consider that a pounding.

... Ask your mother, Trebek.

I would prefer not bringing my mother into this... she doesn't have a sniff about D3 baseball.  Good luck on your future Daily Doubles

dukes

So, from what I have seen on the other boards in region, the WIAC is down and the MIAC is down.

How do you think the UMAC compares to years past?

BaseballFan

Quote from: dukes on April 17, 2009, 08:22:31 PM
So, from what I have seen on the other boards in region, the WIAC is down and the MIAC is down.

How do you think the UMAC compares to years past?

I believe the answer #12 would explain a lot, meaning CSS has won the UMAC twelve times and has been the only winner of the UMAC in its twelve years of existence. But I will give a more detailed answer

CSS has always been by far the best team and there has usually been one other team that puts together a decent year. Take Bethany Lutheran for example, 17-6 on the year and so far 9-2 in conference but havent beaten anyone. In the past years Northwestern, Martin Luther, and Northland have put a decent team or two together. So the UMAC is turning out in usual form so far this year, however I think all of these teams are still down talent wise. Crown, MN Morris, and Presentation have always been pretty poor so talents always down there.

So like the rest of the midwest, the umac is down also

OshDude

Not that it means much in terms of bids and whatnot, but BLC did beat RPI and St. John Fisher, two pretty good teams.

BaseballFan

Quote from: OshDude on April 18, 2009, 08:55:02 AM
Not that it means much in terms of bids and whatnot, but BLC did beat RPI and St. John Fisher, two pretty good teams.

I missed the RPI win, which is pretty nice and definately better than St. John Fisher. Unfortunately, not regional wins which is why I thought the two losses to Hamline and Carleton good of helped them a lot not to mention if they could of took one from CSS. But all they have in region are wins over the rest of the bad umac and sweeps of bad North Central and Wisconsin Lutheran.

BLC needs to continue to play well in the UMAC and maybe take a game from CSS in the tourney. But with Whitewater and Point struggling there is always a chance for BLC to get a bid

OshDude

This is a new one for me. From the Presentation baseball site:
The Saints games against North Central University on April 22 and April 23 have been canceled with no make up date planned due to North Central not having enough drivers for the van's.

biggio34

Quote from: OshDude on April 22, 2009, 04:32:09 AM
The Saints games against North Central University on April 22 and April 23 have been canceled with no make up date planned due to North Central not having enough drivers for the van's.

Ahh yes, not enough drivers for the vans, interesting.

Sounds like North Central is just about ready to be invited to join the conference now that they have proven they are as bush as the rest of the UMAC.

BigPoppa

If this is for real, it is the most ludicrous thing I have ever herard of in college athletics. This is not a club sport... the school should be ashamed at this happeneing and Presentation should file a protest.

OshDude

Quote from: BigPoppa on April 22, 2009, 08:53:21 AM

If this is for real, it is the most ludicrous thing I have ever herard of in college athletics. This is not a club sport... the school should be ashamed at this happeneing and Presentation should file a protest.
It's a mindblower, a bit too Little League tournament for my tastes. Here's the link to PC's site. It's just below the page break.
http://www.presentation.edu/saints/Baseball/baseball.htm

BigPoppa

What I find even more amazing is that Presentation has yet to play a single home game this season. Home opener is this Friday.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: OshDude on April 22, 2009, 08:58:18 AM

It's a mindblower, a bit too Little League tournament for my tastes. Here's the link to PC's site. It's just below the page break.
North Central is an independent.  That certainly builds confidence in them if they ever want to join the UMAC!

BaseballFan

Quote from: Ralph Turner on April 22, 2009, 09:03:22 AM
Quote from: OshDude on April 22, 2009, 08:58:18 AM

North Central is an independent.  That certainly builds confidence in them if they ever want to join the UMAC!

North Central is a joke for a baseball team, considering a lot of high school teams could beat them. Hence, probably why they are in Independent. So I dont know why anyone would want to play them except for padding the win column. I think its time for them to get rid of the baseball program.

And I sense some hostility from Biggio about the UMAC