FB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 03, 2016, 07:54:33 AM
I think HSC grew up a little bit this past Saturday, in the 4th quarter. BC up 45 to 20, faked a punt down to the HSC 30 yard line; instead of packing it in the Tigers turned what could have been a 52 to 20 blow out into a ten point game. Freshman QB looked really good in the 4th quarter.

Still along way to go. Defense just cannot get enough stops; opponents pretty much run and pass at will. No answers yet. if the defense does not improve the season will continue down this path.
I am planning to drive to Farmville on Saturday and tailgate before the game ... hope to be able to say hello to some of the HSC posters at the game.  Safe travels to everyone.

tigerFanAlso2

hasa

I'd like to say hello. Hopefully that damn hurricane will not effect the game too much.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the game as I think GC will score at will, but I think HSC will score as well, just not at will.
Here is to hoping our defense figures out a scheme/game plan that can slow you guys down.

0-5 sounds painful but sure looks like a real possibility at this point.

Scots13

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 03, 2016, 12:03:15 PM
hasa

I'd like to say hello. Hopefully that damn hurricane will not effect the game too much.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the game as I think GC will score at will, but I think HSC will score as well, just not at will.
Here is to hoping our defense figures out a scheme/game plan that can slow you guys down.

Forecasts are showing it clipping the Outer Banks and moving NE later in the week. Currently Cat. 4 moving at 6 MPH. Not too good.
Where Chilhowee's lofty mountains pierce the southern blue, proudly stands our Alma Mater
NOBLE, GRAND, and TRUE.
TO THE HILL!

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 03, 2016, 12:03:15 PM
hasa

I'll be keeping an "eye" on Matthew ... hope it's offshore and causes minimal damage and interruptions.

tigerFanAlso2

sounds like football may be challenged this weekend as the hurricane is heading further west than originally thought.
Richmond is now projected to received 5 to 6 inches of rain with 30 mph winds, HSC is 60 west of Richmond but not sounding too good at this point. Hasa, if you have any pull from above, your influence will be appreciated !!!!

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 04, 2016, 05:00:27 PM
sounds like football may be challenged this weekend as the hurricane is heading further west than originally thought.
Richmond is now projected to received 5 to 6 inches of rain with 30 mph winds, HSC is 60 west of Richmond but not sounding too good at this point. Hasa, if you have any pull from above, your influence will be appreciated !!!!
Rain at Homecoming is never good ... and it sure looks like rain this Saturday!  Reminds me of Guilford's Homecoming in 2009 ... ironically against HSC ... it was raining so hard I could not see beyond the home bench.  I was the driver and was with three other people, so they were looking to me to decide how long we stayed.  After about 5 minutes, they looked over at me as if to say, "You idiot, if you're not going to pull the plug on this fiasco, we are!"  Probably the earliest I have ever left a game, and just as well, as HSC won 31-6.

Wish I was omnipotent, but you'll have to ask someone more powerful to control Matthew!  Fingers crossed, but doesn't look good.

tigerFanAlso2

weather report at 4:30am this morning sounds promising, they are now saying Matthew will head off shore after hitting the SC coast and not affect NC or Va. Lets hope that model plays out.

hasanova

Some NC-based teams, including DIII Greensboro, are changing this week's home games to Thursday night in anticipation of Matthew's heavy rain.  I know that's tough to do when it's HSC's Homecoming and I also can't remember if the Tigers have lights.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings if it was changed!  Hint, hint.

hasanova

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 05, 2016, 08:19:01 AM
weather report at 4:30am this morning sounds promising, they are now saying Matthew will head off shore after hitting the SC coast and not affect NC or Va. Lets hope that model plays out.
I saw that report this morning ... hope that's the way it goes!

CNU85

Quote from: hasanova on October 05, 2016, 08:23:31 AM
Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 05, 2016, 08:19:01 AM
I saw that report this morning ... hope that's the way it goes!

Rain will still impact Va and especially NC.

tigerFanAlso2

rain will impact the coast of Virginia only, at least that was the forecast this morning. don't know if that has been updated and/or changed

hscathletics

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on October 05, 2016, 11:19:07 AM
rain will impact the coast of Virginia only, at least that was the forecast this morning. don't know if that has been updated and/or changed
As of now, it's definitely raining most of the day Saturday at Hampden-Sydney or it's 50/50 to rain all day, depending on which weather website you go to.

tigerFanAlso2

The rain will cut the crowd in half. Too bad but mother nature will do what she will do and we can't do anything about it or to change it. Let's hope weather forecast is wrong and/or changes for the best; although a wet field might be our best defense !!!!

tigerFanAlso2

Hasa

I enjoyed the article but I'm sad to learn your RB is hurt and out for the remainder of the season. I was looking forward to watching him play. Injuries are the one thing I really hate about athletics. These kids work so hard year round and boom, they are done. Happened to my kid earlier during preseason camp, third shoulder injury and doctor told him no more. Breaks your heart but I guess a good life lesson.

Good luck to your Quakers on Saturday. Try not to set scoring records !!!!