MBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:23:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooper42

Survive and advance is what both Susquehanna and Scranton did Friday night. A solid showing for the Mid-Atlantic region as well with I think only one loss. 

The Ex-crusaders now take on a very good Eastern Connecticut squad. Ironically teams may have some familiarity with one another both having played in the same D3 Holiday tournament in Miami, although not against one another.

Scranton will have a tough one at Williams, but should have some confidence after finding a way to win vs Osw St.

I'm still rooting for a Landmark matchup in the sweet 16, possibly at the Long Center? Good luck to both squads tomorrow evening.

saratoga

Congrats to the Royals.

Quite an undertaking to come back from 19 down with under 16 minutes left.

Last year they dug this same whole & kept digging with no way out...this year, same hole, different result.

If they can find a way to avoid these scoring droughts while the other team keeps pouring it on, they may actually have a little less stress with every possession.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Hooper42 on March 04, 2017, 02:58:37 AM
Survive and advance is what both Susquehanna and Scranton did Friday night. A solid showing for the Mid-Atlantic region as well with I think only one loss. 

The Ex-crusaders now take on a very good Eastern Connecticut squad. Ironically teams may have some familiarity with one another both having played in the same D3 Holiday tournament in Miami, although not against one another.

Scranton will have a tough one at Williams, but should have some confidence after finding a way to win vs Osw St.

I'm still rooting for a Landmark matchup in the sweet 16, possibly at the Long Center? Good luck to both squads tomorrow evening.

If the two advance, it would take a pretty big upset for the game not to take place at Middlebury. Sure it could happen... but the Panthers are the top seeded team in this quadrant of the bracket.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Hooper42

D Mac correct as usual, looks like SU is heading to Middlebury to take on Williams.
Williams is beatable if they aren't making 11 3s in a single half. They have a good post defender, but I believe playing them on a neutral court is advantageous.

Congrats to the Susquehanna players, Coach Marcinek and his staff on advancing to the sweet 16 as they haven't gotten much respect lately with the tough end to the regular season. Hope the program earned some chatter on a national level with the 2 W's this weekend.

NEPAFAN

Great job by the Royals in a year that had little in the way of expectations , in my humble opinion. I don't think there has been a more consistent team in the Mid Atlantic over the past several years. Vitkus was a great story and had a great career , with few minutes as a freshman to really shinning this year.

Looking forward to seeing what the Royals bring in next year since it is an even year and will have the advantage of hosting over the women.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Quote from: NEPAFAN on March 05, 2017, 08:20:13 AM
Great job by the Royals in a year that had little in the way of expectations , in my humble opinion. I don't think there has been a more consistent team in the Mid Atlantic over the past several years. Vitkus was a great story and had a great career , with few minutes as a freshman to really shinning this year.

Looking forward to seeing what the Royals bring in next year since it is an even year and will have the advantage of hosting over the women.

Agree that the Royals did reasonably well with only 1 senior - 1st place regular season tie, winning the AQ, and an NCAA victory. It was a fitting year for the 100th season of Royal basketball. Vitkus had a very good career with his improvement each year. He had the combo of power and athleticism that allowed him to quickly make adjustments when things weren't perfect(passes,bumps,bobbles) and finish plays when lesser players would have to reinitiate the offense by passing the ball.

NEPAFAN

Congrats to Royal's Assistant Coach who was selected as one of NABC's 30 under 30, you can find the link here:

http://www.nabc.com/NABC_Releases/2017/30_under_30

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Hank Mardukas

Here are my odds on who is going to win the Landmark next year:

Moravian: -300
Susquehanna:+100
Catholic:+150
Drew:+300
Juniata:+500
Scranton:+650
Goucher+700
Elizabethtown+1000

And on the eighth day, God created the Centennial Conference

ronk

I'd call it even among Moravian, Catholic, and Scranton for the top spot.

lefty2

Long-time MAC Freedom and Landmark poster 'Cold Case' has moved on to that great chat room in the sky.  His obituary appears in the May 16 edition of the Wilkes-Barre Citizens Voice.  RIP.
The person who says something can't be done shouldn't stand in the way of the one who's doing it.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: lefty2 on May 16, 2017, 06:18:03 AM
Long-time MAC Freedom and Landmark poster 'Cold Case' has moved on to that great chat room in the sky.  His obituary appears in the May 16 edition of the Wilkes-Barre Citizens Voice.  RIP.

Jesus. Unexpectedly at home? Can I PM you?
Vince Lombardi

ronk

Cold Case had sent me a PM a few years ago and I learned his name that way - he had an older cousin who was in my class @ U of Scranton. Those were some interesting sessions we had on the Freedom MB 10 years ago  with Colonel John and Saratoga, also.
  RIP.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: ronk on May 16, 2017, 09:29:28 AM

Cold Case had sent me a PM a few years ago and I learned his name that way - he had an older cousin who was in my class @ U of Scranton. Those were some interesting sessions we had on the Freedom MB 10 years ago  with Colonel John and Saratoga, also.
  RIP.

RIP Dom. He provided a wealth of information to me offline over the years and I am sadden to hear this news. The Orioles and Colts may be good plays in Vegas this year.
Vince Lombardi

gordonmann

Sorry to hear that. I know he mixed it up with others on these boards, but my only interaction with him in person was a positive one several years ago. :(

saratoga

Will raise a glass to the cold one.

Probably busting St. Peter's chops right now!

RIP