MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hscathletics

Quote from: tigerFanAlso2 on February 23, 2016, 10:01:11 AM
Is the odac tourney well attended in Salem ?
A lot of it depends on who is playing. The ODAC title game at least is always fairly well attended regardless of who is playing though. The quarterfinal games, especially the first two, are pretty hit and miss since they are Thursday or Friday (depending on the year since it rotates with the women) afternoon. The quarterfinal games are excellent value for your money if you can make it though. Can't remember what the price is but you pay once and I'm pretty sure it covers all 4 games that day.

Brian Hamilton

It's $10 per session or $30 to attend all 4 sessions for men or women.  By the way, all of the higher seeds won tonight setting up some interesting matchups for Friday.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

DeWayneCarter

This is an educated guess but it seems to me that VWC has played their way into "must win the ODAC to make the NCAA Tourney" territory and Lynchburg is safe provided they at least make semis/finals?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

I think if VWC gets to the title game they will have helped themselves tremendously and give themselves a very good chance... fall short of that and it gets really interesting. Even for Lynchburg since another loss starts to really hurt. But I do think Lynchburg may very well be safe.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

2RMCFans

Congrats to all on conference honors.  Glad for Moore & Taylor of R-MC being recognized.

Good luck to all in Salem!!

GO JACKETS!!!!

Ben Stein Fan

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 24, 2016, 03:35:24 PM
I think if VWC gets to the title game they will have helped themselves tremendously and give themselves a very good chance... fall short of that and it gets really interesting. Even for Lynchburg since another loss starts to really hurt. But I do think Lynchburg may very well be safe.

Dave,

Is the USA South a two bid team?  The USA South had a better out of conference W-L record than the ODAC.

Brian Hamilton

Based on the Regional Rankings, it does not appear that the USA South would get two bids.  They could possibly if NC Wesleyan makes it to Championship game and loses (which can't happen since they lost),but that depends on if they ever make it to the table for discussion and how they compare to teams from the other regions if they do.

As for the OOC results, this is not a true indicator of how good the best teams in the conference are but rather a general measure of overall conference strength.  You also have to consider who the competition is when looking at the OOC results, which is why I believe VWC is ahead of NC Wesleyan in the Regional Rankings with more loses.  I am betting VWC has a higher Strength of Schedule and more wins versus regionally ranked opponents.

y_jack_lok

If you go to the Multi-Regional Topics/Pool C posting board you can see a lot of conversation/speculation about how things might play out across the entire D3 landscape. Here is the latest post from that board:

Quote from: Titan Q on February 27, 2016, 09:28:23 AM
Leveraging Matthew Snyder's data and the great work by fantastic50 and Greek Tragedy here, my Pool C's as of Saturday morning...

1. Susquehanna  0.875/0.543/4-2, MA#2  LAND final vs Catholic
2. Amherst  0.840/0.558/4-1, NE#1  NESCAC semis vs Tufts
3. John Carroll  0.889/0.526/3-2, GL#3  OAC final at Marietta
4. Plattsburgh State  .808/.551/4-3, E #1  lost to Oswego State in SUYAC semis (confirmed Pool C)
5. Salisbury  0.808/0.549/4-2, MA#3  CAC final at Christoper Newport
6. Ohio Wesleyan  .852/.525/3-2, GL #2  lost to Denison in NCAC semis (confirmed Pool C)
7. North Central  0.720/0.600/3-7, CE #4  lost to Elmhurst in CCIW semis (confirmed Pool C)
8. Tufts  0.800/0.555/3-4, NE#3  NESCAC semis at Amherst
9. Oswego State  0.731/0.538/5-2, EA#5  SUNYAC final at Cortland
10. Scranton  0.720/0.556/2-4, MA#5  lost to Susquehanna in LAND semis (confirmed Pool C)
11. Elmhurst  0.808/0.526/3-4, CE#5  CCIW final at Augustana
12. WPI  0.800/0.513/5-2, NE#5  vs MIT in NEWMAC semis
13. Emory  .696/.584/4-4, SO #3  at Rochester in final UAA regular season game (Pool A w/ win)
14. Hope  .913/.504/1-1, GL #4  lost in MIAA semis to Trini (confirmed Pool C)
15. Whitman  0.840/0.509/1-2, WE#3  lost to Pacific Lutheran in NWC semis (confirmed Pool C)
16. Virginia Wesleyan  0.680/0.562/4-5, SO#4 ODAC semis vs Randolph
17. Chicago  0.696/0.560/2-6, CE#6  vs Washington U in final UAA regular season game (confirmed Pool C)
18. LaGrange  0.739/0.546/3-2, SO#6  USAC final at Covenant
19. St. Johns  0.692/0.535/4-4, WE#4  lost at St. Olaf in MIAC semis (confirmed Pool C)
----------
20. New York University  0.792/0.513/3-3, EA#3  at Brandeis in final UAA regular season game (confirmed Pool C)
21. New Jersey City  0.692/.525/4-2, AT #1 lost to TCNJ in NJAC semis (confirmed Pool C)

In my Pool C list yesterday/Presumed Pool A Now
Alma  0.760/0.550/3-4, GL#5  MIAA final vs Trine
Wooster  0.760/0.556/2-4, GL#6  NCAC final vs Denison
Rochester  0.739/0.560/3-3, EA#2  vs Emory in final UAA regular season game (Pool A w/ win)

hasanova

Congratulations to the LC Hornets ... doubleheader sweep!  Bet the women host at home and the men go on the road.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Ben Stein Fan on February 26, 2016, 09:28:25 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 24, 2016, 03:35:24 PM

Dave,

Is the USA South a two bid team?  The USA South had a better out of conference W-L record than the ODAC.

Sorry just saw this - crazy weekend. There is a chance LaGrange could get in... but we don't have them forecast in the tournament.

DeWayneCarter

Not unexpected, but still weird to say this time of year. Virginia Wesleyan not in the tournament. I'm in shock, but not shocked lol weird I know. Congrats to Lynchburg!

hasanova

Lynchburg (22-6) vs Scranton (19-7) and Pitt-Greensburg (19-9) vs Ohio Wesleyan (23-4) on Friday night in Ohio.  I saw UP-G lose to Guilford by 32 early in the season.

hscathletics

Quote from: hasanova on February 29, 2016, 06:13:38 PM
Lynchburg (22-6) vs Scranton (19-7) and Pitt-Greensburg (19-9) vs Ohio Wesleyan (23-4) on Friday night in Ohio.  I saw UP-G lose to Guilford by 32 early in the season.
Scranton was one of the last 4 teams in, so the nonexistent oddsmakers should have LC favored to face OWU on Saturday night.

ronk

Quote from: hscathletics on February 29, 2016, 09:38:13 PM
Quote from: hasanova on February 29, 2016, 06:13:38 PM
Scranton was one of the last 4 teams in, so the nonexistent oddsmakers should have LC favored to face OWU on Saturday night.

That would be last 4 of the at-large teams which could be ranked higher than most AQ teams. ;)