MBB: Centennial Conference

Started by swish, March 01, 2005, 04:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnOFmonix

He has already made a splash recruiting with a couple of commitments. Outstanding hire!

Hank Mardukas

Monix/Return of Monix:

Sarcasm is not easily received via blog. I am in no way a fan of Coach Hopkins and believed the Mules should have hired "in the family". The first candidate I would have liked to see is Former Mules heavy hitter Kort Wickenheiser. He has experience at the Division I level and is a hard-working personable guy who has the ability to recruit and is also tall. Secondly, I would have liked to see Former Mule Point God Matty German take the job. I know the AD was in contact with him but my guess is the sales pitch was not enough. Lastly, I would have liked to see perhaps the most beloved assistant coach in the History of Mules Ball, Ryan "the barracuda" Finch take the job. He currently is coaching overseas in Moscow and would have loved to see him return to Allentown.
And on the eighth day, God created the Centennial Conference

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Hank Mardukas on December 05, 2017, 11:56:46 AM
Monix/Return of Monix:

Sarcasm is not easily received via blog. I am in no way a fan of Coach Hopkins and believed the Mules should have hired "in the family". The first candidate I would have liked to see is Former Mules heavy hitter Kort Wickenheiser. He has experience at the Division I level and is a hard-working personable guy who has the ability to recruit and is also tall. Secondly, I would have liked to see Former Mule Point God Matty German take the job. I know the AD was in contact with him but my guess is the sales pitch was not enough. Lastly, I would have liked to see perhaps the most beloved assistant coach in the History of Mules Ball, Ryan "the barracuda" Finch take the job. He currently is coaching overseas in Moscow and would have loved to see him return to Allentown.

Dude - he was talking about Loeffler at Johns Hopkins.

You are trying to hard to stir the pot.

SMH
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Hank Mardukas

My bad Dave, I had a rough weekend. Should have listened to my therapist who always tells me "don't blog angry". :P

HopkinsNest7

It seems that the beginning of the season has unhinged Mardukas in a way that I am yet to see. These irrational rants filled with misinformation and creative nicknames are ruining the spirit and pride that this blog was built on.

As for a little fact check, The Barracuda is coaching high school ball down in South Jersey. Whatever plug informed you that he was out in Moscow might want to double up on a therapy session with you. Had to use my search engine again to remind myself of who Wickenheiser was, I vaguely remember his bruising play in the mid 90s for the Mules. He drew many comparisons to a less psychotic Bill Laimbeer which usually translates well to patrolling the sidelines as a coach (not).

German would have been an interesting pick up, I have never actually seen someone play the game with so much passion, it was inspiring to watch truthfully. After watching the game Saturday I still have faith in Hopkins (Kevin not Johns) as he seems raw but standing 7 feet tall will eventually leave his players no choice but to respect his intimidating physical stature.

Last thought--- Mardukas I plead you to take it easy with these hot takes, the Mules seem to be a hot bed for this blog but with the McClary era behind us I think these blog stupors should be too. I am not one to interfere with your freedom of speech, but on behalf of Dave please try to keep this more positive. When we eventually pay these college athletes then they can be subjected to anonymous criticism from enraged bloggers, but until then this needs to end.
Ive always preferred basketball in it's third division.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Hey guy(s)... Pat wasn't kidding yesterday...
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Hank Mardukas

Pat is not the joking type... Haven't we figured that out by now?

Pat Coleman

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 01:00:17 PM
Hey guy(s)... Pat wasn't kidding yesterday...

Well, at least all of the split personalities might have finally figured out that they at least have to use different computers at Muhlenberg to keep up the charade.  ::)

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Hank Mardukas

Shocked you needed to trace my IP to find out that I'm a die-hard Mules fan. Haven't missed a game since 82', Sorry I'm passionate about my community, you should feel this way about Hopkins being from Baltimore.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Hank Mardukas on December 05, 2017, 01:14:44 PM
Shocked you needed to trace my IP to find out that I'm a die-hard Mules fan. Haven't missed a game since 82', Sorry I'm passionate about my community, you should feel this way about Hopkins being from Baltimore.

You do realize there are more programs in the Baltimore metro than JHU, right? Also, that some of us work to cover the entire division thus making our "passion" a little less singular. :)

Pat Coleman

I'm not from Baltimore.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

You do realize there are more programs in the Baltimore metro than JHU, right? Also, that some of us work to cover the entire division thus making our "passion" a little less singular. :)

Yeah Dave is a Goucher homer, get it right!
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: NEPAFAN on December 05, 2017, 01:59:04 PM
Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on December 05, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

Yeah Dave is a Goucher homer, get it right!

I think calling me a homer is a bit of a stretch.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Pat Coleman on December 04, 2017, 01:05:46 PM
There are literally four people who have posted from that IP address. Come on, guys. Pick one handle and don't have a conversation with yourself. This isn't 2002.

Now THAT is precious. Do any of the four way split personalities inside of his head realize that the IP address is like laying down the bread crumbs right to the front door? It's 2018 next month people........think!!!!!

Having multiple personalities engaging in conversations inside of your own head is one thing (Watch 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest')....................thinking that it will work here is insane (maybe I'm on to something ;) )

Hank Mardukas

Lets keep this blog positive men. I am here to discuss sports not have people discuss my home address.