FB: Middle Atlantic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bman

So on the D3 Poll, only 3 teams crack the poll:

#12  WU  (thought they'd be lower)
# 30 DV (seems right placed, although I see them getting stronger as the season procresses)
#38 Lyco (seems to be too low)

I need to start looking at the rosters as they get updated, but perhaps Dave can provide some commentary on Stevenson.  I feel like they need 1 big win, to get them over the hump...
Is this a more open race this year?

Kings?
Albright?
Leb Val resurgence?

and I am openly rooting for a 4 win season in Dallas PA this year...why the heck not!

PBR...

Quote from: bman on July 14, 2015, 01:43:59 PM

# 30 DV (seems right placed, although I see them getting stronger as the season procresses)

I need to start looking at the rosters as they get updated, but perhaps Dave can provide some commentary on Stevenson.  I feel like they need 1 big win, to get them over the hump...

Kings?
Albright?
Leb Val resurgence?

and I am openly rooting for a 4 win season in Dallas PA this year...why the heck not!

I am with you... I think WU is too high, I had them around 18-20 and DVC seems about right and Lyco a little low maybe 32-35? I know it's not easy to predict and have to look at returning people as well as incoming talent with the coaching staff so enjoy summer people. Have a ways to go yet before camp starts and people get back to footbal.

DELVALALUMNI

Despite loosing some very key guys to graduation,Delaware Valley will be tough this year. Coach Grecco has done a great job getting a few major recruits from Southeastern PA. I look forward to DV being a huge surprise this season.

DelVal Aggies '94

bman

Quote from: DELVALALUMNI on July 18, 2015, 11:43:48 PM
Despite loosing some very key guys to graduation,Delaware Valley will be tough this year. Coach Grecco has done a great job getting a few major recruits from Southeastern PA. I look forward to DV being a huge surprise this season.

Care to elaborate?

...and welcome to the board!

DELVALALUMNI

Thanks, Glad to join!

Honestly I have nothing concrete that I can elaborate on. Other than I been to a few spring practices & it looked like the team was coming together nicely.

I Really won't know much on who we have coming in as freshmen for sure until Aug,there are rumblings that Coach Grecco has gotten some preety good players from the Phila Area.

It would be nice if there was a list showing players who payed there down payment to attend DelVal,I see some of the others schools post that type of stuff.
DelVal Aggies '94

@d3jason

Quote from: bman on July 14, 2015, 01:43:59 PM

Kings?
Albright?
Leb Val resurgence?

Should find out a lot about Stevenson in week two against Lycoming. They have that at home. Then travel to DelVal on Oct 10 and have Widener at home a couple of weeks later.

I would think that Albright could be a darkhorse too.

@d3jason

Albright's schedule starts out tough with Salisbury, Widener and Lycoming the first three weeks.

bman

Delvalalum

got ya...

It kills me that most of the MAC does not list their recruits...that seems to be more of a thing in the midwest and and South...

Jason,  You're right...thats a brutal start for Albright...

@d3jason

I saw that Lycoming had an article and list of their recruits in the Williamsport paper (or at least on the Sun Gazette app, since I like to follow the goings on in my birthplace.)

They are bringing in a class of 55, which they felt was bigger than most years. Clark was quoted as saying they will need some of the newcomers to fill roles quickly.

The quarterback, Jenny, will  have to be replaced. There was only one QB on the recruit list though I think they may have a misprint since I noticed that they picked up Zach Smith (listed as DB in the article.)

Smith was the back up at Wesley last year to Joe Callahan and I was impressed with him when he played. He was 13-of-16 for 174 and 4 TDs in mostly mop up duty. He also loves to keep the ball on the read option and ran 20 times for 82 yards. He runs the ball hard.

Lyco has three other QBs on last year's roster. I think Whiteman is the only one that has seen game action. The other two were freshman and played JV according to their website.

bman

Awesome...the first real MAC news since the season ended...Thanks!

+K

bman

Saw that Del Val U's president is retiring.  Any expectation that this affects focus on football?

DELVALALUMNI

bman,

Not quite sure Mr.Brosnan retirement will affect DelVal football at all. He has done a wonderful job the last 8-9 yrs & IMO he leaves the institution in far better shape than when he became president. He is not slated to step down for another 13 months.
DelVal Aggies '94

Simba

The following was posted on July 10th on Lycoming Football .com...

http://www.lycomingfootball.com/2015/07/lycoming-football-warriors-announce.html

Schools, positions, heights and weights...

Enjoy...Simba

bman

Quote from: Simba on July 27, 2015, 02:55:02 PM
The following was posted on July 10th on Lycoming Football .com...

http://www.lycomingfootball.com/2015/07/lycoming-football-warriors-announce.html

Schools, positions, heights and weights...

Enjoy...Simba

Simba
One of your freshman LB recruits is the son of a friend of mine.  Quality kid.
He looked at Widener, but chose Lycoming due to financials and a better academic fit.
You have a great recruit there.
I'll root for him, but not for your alma mater!

Thanks for the post

DELVALALUMNI

bman,

Any word on Widener's incoming freshman class yet?
DelVal Aggies '94