NAC

Started by Ralph Turner, September 24, 2004, 10:15:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The final days of the regular season are here. Results of games across the country are affecting other teams not even playing. How will it all shake out and how does one result affect another?

Thursday night on Hoopsville, Dave McHugh gives you the insight you need to know how the NCAA Tournament brackets are already taking shape. Dave will talk to many coaches around the country who are looking to lock up automatic bids, securing at-large opportunities, or knowingly playing for the postseason lives. Dave will even make sure you better understand the selection criteria and how something like the Strength of Schedule helps or hurts teams.

Hoopsville hits the air at 7pm ET. You can tune in below.

Guests include (in order of appearance)
- Michele Durand, No. 10 Ohio Northern women's coach
- Fred Richter, DeSales women's coach
- Warren Caruso, Husson men's coach
- Zach Frilen, No. 15 Lancaster Bible men's coach
- Todd Raridon, No. 11 North Central (Ill.) men's coach
- Marcus Kahn (Mary Washington) or Andy Sachs (Salisbury), CAC men's semifinal winner
- Matt Snyder, Strength of Schedule/Numbers guru

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

And the Hoopsville Fundraising project is in it's closing days as well, but we have not met the goal. Please consider helping us cover Division III basketball the way it deserves to be covered: http://igg.me/at/hoopsville-fundraiser/x/6029509.

Thanks!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

On almost any night you can expect there is something to talk about in Division III basketball. From upsets to dominating results, when thousands of games are being played there never is a moment that goes by that shouldn't be discussed.

That's what we hope to do on Hoopsville every show.

Sunday night is no different. There are plenty of upsets to discuss along with figuring out just exactly who are the best teams in the country. Sometimes that discussion means talking to those who won, those who lost, and those who are helping determine conference races.

On Sunday's show, Dave talks to several teams who are in the conversation around the country. From a men's team who ended a 72-game conference winnings streak to another men's squad whose undefeated conference run ended. Also, a women's squad who is already having the best season in four years and another being led by a man who has overcome more than most do and trying to lead by examble by staying focused despite his battled with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.

Dave will also update a few items voted on this week at the NCAA Convention that will affect basketball starting next season.

You can watch Hoopsville live or watch it on Facebook Live (simulcast):  http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2016-17/jan22. If you missed the show live, you can watch the video On Demand in the same manner or listen to or download the podcast (available when the show concludes).

Don't forget to contribute to the new "Hoopsville Mailbag" segment. Email questions you may have to hoopsville@d3hoops.com. Dave will answer them on air tonight or on a future show.

Guests scheduled to appear (in order of appearance):
- Michael Coppolino, Mount St. Mary women's head coach
- Paul Culpo, Castleton men's coach
- Derek James, MacMurray women's coach - WBCA Center Court
- Ryan Kane, Ripon men's coach
- Tom Palombo, Guilford men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

middhoops

Interesting season in an interesting league.
Surprised there is not more commentary here.
C'mon, NAC fans.  Have some conversation.

Greek Tragedy

Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: Greek Tragedy on November 12, 2017, 02:39:05 PM
http://hussoneagles.com/sports/mbkb/2017-18/roster

So did Raheem Anderson gain a year?

Here's last year's stats listing him as a senior.

http://hussoneagles.com/sports/mbkb/2016-17/teams/husson?view=lineup&r=1&pos=st

Raheem Anderson was injured in his 8th game freshmen year, just under the cutoff for a medical redshirt, so he's got one more year to go.  We knew about this in the spring, although maybe it was after our futures draft?  He's playing this year, though - and may end his career top ten all time in scoring.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

Greek Tragedy

All us fantasy leaguers must have missed that...except FCGrizzlies.
Pointers
Breed of a Champion
2004, 2005, 2010 and 2015 National Champions

Fantasy Leagues Commissioner

TGHIJGSTO!!!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Schools sometimes also list players academically or Husson did feel it was going to be his senior year and it was changed.

Mr.Know Most Of It

What school has the best chance to knock off Husson this year come playoff time? NEC looks good but they had a rough weekend in Maine last week. Colby Sawyer has the talent but didn't fare well in their first match-up with the Eagles. Is UMF the quiet sleeper? Looking forward to their game against Husson on the 14th.

Mr.Know Most Of It

NEC completes the season sweep of Husson! Impressive! Great match-up for them. It's a shame Husson probably won't lose another game during the regular season. Best hope for NEC is UMF can pull the upset on 2/14. I'd love to see NEC host in that gym!

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Mr.Know Most Of It

Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 01, 2018, 01:07:32 PM
What school has the best chance to knock off Husson this year come playoff time? NEC looks good but they had a rough weekend in Maine last week. Colby Sawyer has the talent but didn't fare well in their first match-up with the Eagles. Is UMF the quiet sleeper? Looking forward to their game against Husson on the 14th.

I had a sneaky suspicion about this game. Where does NEC play the playoff games now that they most likely will host? That gym can't facilitate 4 teams and their fans.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 15, 2018, 12:05:27 PM

I had a sneaky suspicion about this game. Where does NEC play the playoff games now that they most likely will host? That gym can't facilitate 4 teams and their fans.

Last I knew... the team that earned it. And last I checked, not all four teams or fan bases tend to be in the gym at the same time. ;)

Mr.Know Most Of It

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on February 15, 2018, 11:13:33 PM
Quote from: Mr.Know Most Of It on February 15, 2018, 12:05:27 PM

Last I knew... the team that earned it. And last I checked, not all four teams or fan bases tend to be in the gym at the same time. ;)

OK wise guy I know they earned it and they are the top seed but have you ever been in that gym? Four rows of bleachers on one side. Two feet on the baseline and two locker rooms in the entire building. And seeing how there is 25 min between the first and second game, you need more than 2 locker rooms and yes fans from 4 schools will be in the gym at once.