FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bombers798891

Quote from: D3viewer on July 08, 2018, 05:47:34 PM
Yeah, it's weird the college would wait till now to put the schedule up on the official team page when everyone already seems to know it. I wonder what the delay was.

Having worked in multiple sports info offices during the summer, I'm guessing it was pretty low on the priority list.

fisheralum91

Congrats to Brennan Fortune on is recent election to the Fisher Athletic Hall of Fame!

Amazing talent and great guy - well deserved!

Now lets talk about some E8 football!

Bartman

E8 Football talk....will anyone really challenge Brockport after such a magical season? What is the point spread for the Brockport v. Hobart game in week 1? I'm hoping that Brockport will believe their hype and have an off game....but then hope doesn't win games...less than one month to go ;D
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

Obviously the E8 team to beat is Bport.
What I am hoping for specifically is for Fisher to turn the program around and get back to their wining ways of old.
Brockport v Hobart and Fisher v Wash and Jeff are 2 really interesting games!

Bombers798891

Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 06, 2018, 01:21:31 PM
What I am hoping for specifically is for Fisher to turn the program around and get back to their wining ways of old.

For any of our viewers just tuning in, St. John Fisher was 8-1, ranked 18th in the country, and playing for a Pool A in Week 10 of 2016.

fisheralum91

I have short term memory issues ;D

Bombers798891

I love you Fisher guys, I really do. But it's funny to me that one of the best programs in the East region for the past dozen years has one bad season, and their fans start pining for the old days.

In my head it goes like this:

FA91
: [Sitting on a rocking chair on his porch. Whittling a walking stick, smoking a corncob pipe] "I'll tell ya young'uns, I'm looking forward to those Bombers coming into town! I can barely remember the last time we beat them!

Young'uns: Wait...you can barely remember the last time they played here?

FA91: Yessir, it's been too long since we gave them boys from Ithaca a whoopin'!

Young'uns: It was two years ago

FA91: All I can remember is they had this wide receiver everyone said was going to be real good. Gladney, I think his name was

Young'uns: He is good. He just got named an all-American

FA 91: But Steve Stepnick shut him down real good.

Young'uns:
(whispers) Yeah with help from the turf

FA91: What'd you say? Speak up, ya young'un!

Young'uns: Uh, I said, Gladney's got two years of eligibility remaining.

FA91: You whippersnappers don't know nothing! He went pro back in '05. Said Stepnick was the best he ever played against, including in the NFL. Wonder what he's up to now?

Young'uns: We're literally going to see him play in six weeks.

FA91: Don't you talk back to me.

fisheralum91

and thats when the younguns get a taste of the back o me hand..........

;D ;D ;D ;D

funny one bombers- well played

Bartman

Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 06, 2018, 01:21:31 PM
Obviously the E8 team to beat is Bport.
Brockport v Hobart and Fisher v Wash and Jeff are 2 really interesting games!
91, I am hoping for surprising efforts from Hobart and Fisher , but we will see. Not sure what to expect from either of these two historically top programs against BPort and Wash&Jeff. Rebuilding with some long Saturdays or in the mix fighting and clawing every game despite some position gaps. 
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

fisheralum91

Bartman,
Totally get it.
Those opening day games should be very interesting given the pedigrees but not sure how Hobart or Fisher stack up, but I am very hopeful for a bounce back year for Fisher!

Pat Coleman

Folks, just a reminder that Kickoff '18 goes live tomorrow! Register now if you haven't already!
http://www.d3football.com/notables/2018/06/order-kickoff-2018-now
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

sjfcards

Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 07, 2018, 04:56:57 PM
Bartman,
Totally get it.
Those opening day games should be very interesting given the pedigrees but not sure how Hobart or Fisher stack up, but I am very hopeful for a bounce back year for Fisher!

I am hoping Fisher has a chance to get back to where they were before last year. It sounds like they have some new talent and players healthy. Several games last year I thought they were competitive, especially the W&J game in week one. Who knows what happens if they had won that one. They still have a lot of talent with the receiver core, and finding someone to get them the ball will be critical for them this year. Losing Chambers hurts the offense but he was asked to do too much last year due to inconsistent QB play.

Defensively I don't know what to expect, but I am hoping for a huge improvement. I haven't been impressed with the defense since Fox left, and was hoping to see improvement that never came last year. This would be the 3rd year with this new DC and hopefully he has some of his guys in place this year.
GO FISHER!!!

D3viewer

Man,  Brockport sure is fortunate to find not 1 (All American safety Jake O'Connell), but 2 (1st team E8 LB Matt Szymanski) key players a super senior year. O"Connell we knew about in the spring, Szymanski is listed as a returner in the "camp files Day one" report on the athletic webpage. Both went through senior day ceremonies. It's always odd to me that colleges can't get the eligibility right until after their "senior" year. They are both listed as "5th" year players on the 2018 roster. I don't think I've ever seen that, I've seen GR as in grad student I guess. Works out incredibly well for the defense / team to get back two heralded players  you thought had played their final game as seniors. Looks like Brockport is going all in this season. Their biggest achilles heel will be their new offensive line, and the fact everyone will be gunning for them and Joey G in particular. And their heads and egos don't get too big. We saw last year they can quickly cross over the line from confident to cocky/mouthy. If you saw the DelVal game you notice this poor character trait almost cost them the game.