Shirts, and stickers and decals oh my!

Started by cawcdad, November 01, 2007, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ralph Turner

Rhodes window decal in Tyler TX. Now that the SAA has severed its Texas ties, I guess that makes Texas a "foreign" country for SAA sightings.

badgerwarhawk

Loras sweatshirt on a kid at the BADGERS hockey game in the Kohl Center, Madison, Wi.
"Just think twice is my only advice."

badgerwarhawk

Emory and Amherst window stickers on vehicles in Janesville, Wi.

cave2bens

DePauw hoodie (on an attractive young lady) jogging/bouncing up Briarlake Road in NE Atlanta this afternoon. 

* note to self, check down on the meds before arbitrarily defining appearances  ;D
"Forever more as in days of yore Their deeds be noble and grand"

Desertraider

UMHB window decal on a BMW at Great Northen Mall outside Cleveland, Ohio - is it rude to spit on BMWs? Kidding- 8-)
RIP MUC57 - Go Everybody!
National Champions: 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017
The Autumn Wind is a Raider!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEYK_XjyLg
Immaculate Prevention: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZLq_acsVN0

mattvsmith

Quote from: BoBo on June 17, 2011, 10:49:31 AM
Quote from: Ryan Tipps on May 29, 2011, 05:56:48 PM
Quote from: Rt Rev J.H. Hobart on May 29, 2011, 09:27:44 AM
The Rev wonders if F&M realizes all their stuff is being knocked off without any licensing fees paid?

Yes, they do. It was a hot topic about 10 years when Tim McGraw wore this shirt for some publicity photos.

The clothing brand doesn't use an "and" in its name.

Actually, some of it does; some of it doesn't...it all depends what you're looking for in "fashion!"  See HERE

The brand was established in 1999.  It's actually an Italian clothing company, not South Korean. They may have been sewn in SK at one time, but not anymore. Founders were Giuseppe Albarelli and Andrea Pensiero, not exactly your typical korean names!! ;)  They got the idea after finding an authentic F&M sweatshirt in a London second-hand market.  I've occasionally see 20-something girls wearing the brand here, but not all that often. It's much more popular in the UK.  Franklin & Marshall Clothing Company owns the brand name in all countries except the U.S.A. where the company is a licensee of the college name but is in no way affiliated with, or endorsed by, Franklin & Marshall College.  This is way more than you need to know, but I thought I had to set the record straight.

Interesting background. I've never seen this brand anywhere except Korea, so I thought a Mr. Kim in some alley in Itaewon got a sweatshirt from some young lieutenant years ago and started making knockoffs.

But if it's a popular brand in Europe, it doesn't surprise me that it's popular here in Korea, too. Koreans are berry current with fashion.

mattvsmith

I guess it's been awhile since I last visited this board. Yikes!

cawcdad

Today in Walnut Creek, CA while at the Container Store I saw a young lady wearing a Lewis & Clark swestshirt. As I left the store a young man wearing a Principia shirt walked by. When I got back to the car there was a car in the lot with a Claremont-McKenna Alumni license plate frame.

HSCTiger74

Saw a car at my local grocery store today with window stickers for both W&L Football and W&L Equestrian. What impresses me is that somewhere in Charlotte there is a family that is apparently paying for two kids AND a horse to go to Washington & Lee.   :)
TANSTAAFL

Gray Fox

Grove City license plate frame near Snappy Salads, Preston and Forest, in Dallas.
Fierce When Roused

HSCTiger74

Guy wearing a Rhodes Football sweatshirt at a branch library in Charlotte yesterday.
TANSTAAFL

Bishopleftiesdad

Cal tech and Tufts were mentioned on a rerun of the Simpsons last night.

Substitute teacher from tufts Mumbles under his breath about Martin Prince, "he will get torn apart at Cal Tech."

02 Warhawk

Saw a gentleman wearing a pair of Benedictine sweatpants outside the library in Milwaukee.

Gray Fox

I saw a guy wearing a Mt. Union sweatshirt in the parking lot of Central Market in Dallas.
I chased him into the store and found out he had been a basketball player there.
Fierce When Roused

badgerwarhawk

Luther sweatshirt on an elderly man at a youth basketball tournament in Edgerton, Wi.