FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzJohnnie

[  

MUC57

Mr. Ypsi

It's been fun chatting with you and the other posters. Good times in the off-season. Thank you for taking it easy on an old guy. I was also taught to respect my elders.
In my 82 years on this planet, I've had a few beers. Some when I was underage because it was "cool"! Some in that rite of passage known as college (fraternity membership helped). Some while serving in the Air Force, because, after all, we're defending the country. More when in a real job, because I'm a real adult then. Lots of reasons over the years, mostly because beer is just plain good.
However; after all that, I don't know that much about the different beers now available. I plead ignorance on being able to discern various nuances in the current crop. So many to chose from. I guess we have our favorite and occasionally try something new.
I do know wines very well. Used to go to the Napa Valley at least once a month and took some classes in wine making, wine tasting and history of wines. Not an expert, but know more than many people.
If you want to get really serious, I'll take a single malt scotch whiskey. Wish I could afford some!
In summation, I'm sure you know I was just having fun with you and some other posters. I read your posts because you know your "stuff"!
Enjoy your day. Mount Union starts spring practice next week, same 16 practices as everyone else. Thank God, pretty soon we can talk football. All this talk of beer madness will come to a peaceful end.
In the meantime, excuse me while I go pour a cold "brewski"!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

OldAuggie

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 09, 2018, 10:38:25 PM
So, we hardly discussed the Viking's monumental choke this year.  Does anyone care?  We all knew it was coming, just a question of when.
Pat Reusse called this collapse a Top 3 Vikings All Time choke. In no order; 1970 Super Bowl (Kansas City Chiefs),1998 NFC Championship game (Atlanta Falcons - I was there) and 2018 Philadelphia Eagles. I completely agree. The '98 season was my last season of passion for the Vikings or the NFL and this year they suckered in a pile more fans and made a huge profit once again. All at the expense of new fans and young fans and their Spirit. The NFL does not care about that but they sure do love to see the white sea of jersey wearing Vikings fans filled with over priced beer and hot dogs doing the Skol Chant, lining the pockets of billionaires across the country. Now we are likely to pay Kirk Cousins $30 Million per year to play QB? It's madness.

No thanks, I will take my Big Ten and MIAC football, wrestling, hockey, and basketball. At least Urban Meyer is able to keep us guessing about payments to players. Nothing proven...yet.

Nick Saban? Whistling through the grave yard.
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

sjusection105

Quote from: OldAuggie on March 10, 2018, 09:01:45 AM
No thanks, I will take my Big Ten and MIAC football, wrestling, hockey, and basketball. At least Urban Meyer is able to keep us guessing about payments to players. Nothing proven...yet.

Nick Saban? Whistling through the grave yard.
With all the other scandals over the years it would be tragic to some day find out the Gophers were paying FB of BB players under the table. If so, poor ROI.... I'm just saying.
As of now they're on DOUBLE SECRET Probation!

BDB

Quote from: OzJohnnie on March 10, 2018, 07:36:08 AM

Must've run out of E's to put "Cheese" after beer. Of course here in Wiscy you just throw in a couple backwards 3's for the E's and a 5 for the S if need be.

They'll still come wandering in knowing what the Soup of the Day is.

Apparently the Anchorage Ale House is a bit too fancy for that.  ::)

MUC57

BlueDevil Bob

I know about cheese in Wisconsin. But what kind? Do we need a discussion on the various types of cheese to go with our beer? Help!
But be forewarned. In a recent contest to pick the best Swiss cheese, out of about 1900 different brands from all over the country, Guggisberg's was chosen number 1. That factory is located in Ohio's Amish area, (Holmes County) and is outstanding.
OK! The balls in your court, or because of where we are, in the red zone.
Comments?

BDB

Quote from: MUC57 on March 10, 2018, 02:46:01 PM

BlueDevil Bob

Do we need a discussion on the various types of cheese to go with our beer?

No we don't. I was just joking about how some businesses with message boards do odd things with the letters rather than just buy some to replace lost/broken ones.

I know very little about cheese other than I like to eat it on some foods and curds.

DuffMan

Perhaps MUC57 has never heard of beer cheese soup?!?!

A tradition unrivaled...
MIAC Champions: 1932, 1935, 1936, 1938, 1953, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1971, 1974, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2021, 2022
National Champions: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003

BDB

Well if there's a soul on this earth that hasn't enjoyed a a bowl of beer cheese soup with popcorn on top then the good Lord's message has not been delivered.

OzJohnnie

Quote from: BlueDevil Bob on March 10, 2018, 11:49:31 PM
Well if there's a soul on this earth that hasn't enjoyed a a bowl of beer cheese soup with popcorn on top then the good Lord's message has not been delivered.

The Sermon on the Mount as relayed in the discarded gnostic Gospel of St Thomas.

[  

MUC57

Duffman and BlueDevil Bob

Yes, I have had beer cheese soup. Used to get it at the 356th Bomb Group, now closed. The place had a Worl War 2 atmosphere. The soup was out of this world. Damn, it was really good. Had it every time I went there no matter what I ate.. It's the soup dreams are made of.
As you can probably surmise, I loved it. Can't find any other place that has it. UPS from Wisconsin? Oh, never mind, would be cold when in got here.
Bob, never had it with popcorn on top. Can't imagine what that could add to that delicious flavor of the soup.
Thanks for your feedback. Always good to hear from people in that state to the north. Wait, Mic.... Can't say the name, is the state to the north.
Spring practice starts tomorrow in Alliance. Hooray.  ☠ 🏈 ☠

MUC57

OzJohnnie

The gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas? Methinks we have a biblical scholar on these boards posing as a mild mannered Aussie. Having heard of the aforementioned gospel, I'm impressed.
On a different subject, when you and your roo (the one on your logon) go for a cold one, does he ever pay? And is that a Foster's? Just some silly questions to pass the time.
Good luck to the Johnnies this year. Would really like to see them get back their former glory. Does that make sense?
Remember, I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things.,
Go Raiders. Go Johnnies. Hell, go everybody!  ☠ 🏈 ☠

And a +k to you.

OldAuggie

Wrestling Update:
The Augsburg Wrestling TeamTM took home National Champion Runner-Up this weekend with a young squad, only 1 senior. OWT, Outstanding Wrestler in the Tourney this year is Augsburg sophomore Lucas Jeske from St Michael. Two Auggies are Individual National Champions - Ryan Epps and Jeske and 5 made All-American.

Congratulations to Wartburg for winning thier 14th National Championship.

http://www.trackwrestling.com/tw/PortalPlayer.jsp?TIM=1520897991556&twSessionId=bpcntpgmcuvhryq&videoId=633733132
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

MiacMan

Quote from: MUC57 on March 11, 2018, 09:16:25 AM
OzJohnnie

The gnostic Gospel of St. Thomas? Methinks we have a biblical scholar on these boards posing as a mild mannered Aussie. Having heard of the aforementioned gospel, I'm impressed.
On a different subject, when you and your roo (the one on your logon) go for a cold one, does he ever pay? And is that a Foster's? Just some silly questions to pass the time.
Good luck to the Johnnies this year. Would really like to see them get back their former glory. Does that make sense?
Remember, I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things.,
Go Raiders. Go Johnnies. Hell, go everybody!  ☠ 🏈 ☠

Does this mean you would like to see the Johnnies get back to beating your Purple Raiders again? I think that's what happened last time they played back in 2003? Be careful what you wish for  :-\

MUC57

miacman

Don't get carried away. The record stands at UMU 3 - SJU 1.
13 national championships - yeh, i better be careful what I wish for. Are you serious?
I'm trying to wish the best for SJU. You want me to be careful? OK!