BB: PrAC: Presidents' Athletic Conference

Started by Ralph Turner, February 11, 2006, 02:58:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old scot

Grove City defeats Theil to take the conference tourney and the bid.

Fred Redd

Congrats to GCC. I'm glad that I'm not a bookie. I'd be paying out those 20-1 bets.

rabriggs

Grove City earning the first AQ from the PAC for baseball. It's the Wolverines' first-ever postseason berth in baseball. Grove City's also the first PAC team in 24 years to make the NCAAs.

In 1984, then-member John Carroll went 0-2 in the Mideast Regional.

Curious to see where the Wolverines will end up. Grove City is the eastern-most school in the Mideast. Grove City is within 500 miles of the Mideast, New York, Mid-Atlantic and even the South regionals (489 miles to Danville, Va.).

Fred Redd

Technically, St. Vincent is the eastern most team in the mid-east though they are not yet eligible until next year to participate in the post-season.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Fred Redd on May 16, 2008, 07:00:25 PM
Technically, St. Vincent is the eastern most team in the mid-east though they are not yet eligible until next year to participate in the post-season.
I have reviewed the NCAA status report from August 2007.  St Vincent was three years away from being eligible for NCAA play (2011).
If SVC is "double" promoted to year-4 in August 2008, then they will be eligible in 2010.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Ralph Turner on May 16, 2008, 09:30:34 PM
Quote from: Fred Redd on May 16, 2008, 07:00:25 PM
I have reviewed the NCAA status report from August 2007.  St Vincent was three years away from being eligible for NCAA play (2011).
If SVC is "double" promoted to year-4 in August 2008, then they will be eligible in 2010.
SVC was promoted to Year-3 status this month.

They will eligible for the NCAA playoffs in 2011 and games against them this year count as in-region.

PrACman

Looks like the PAC is the hotbed of postings on here. lol   Anyway, though Theil was supposed to run away with the conference in '09 W&J proved that they were the class of the PAC. Looks like they are well situated for a pre-season ranking and to repeat for '10. They hit the crap out of the ball, have a real solid and deep pitching staff, and play pretty good defense and it all comes back next year. I'm glad to see them do well in the regional. The PrAC deserves more respect in recent years than its gotten.

RSSmith

Quote from: PrACman on May 17, 2009, 08:49:34 PM
Looks like the PAC is the hotbed of postings on here. lol   Anyway, though Theil was supposed to run away with the conference in '09 W&J proved that they were the class of the PAC. Looks like they are well situated for a pre-season ranking and to repeat for '10. They hit the crap out of the ball, have a real solid and deep pitching staff, and play pretty good defense and it all comes back next year. I'm glad to see them do well in the regional. The PrAC deserves more respect in recent years than its gotten.

I watched most of the Washington and Lee game and part of the York game and (of course) all of the Johns Hopkins game.  The Presidents are an incredibly solid, young baseball team.  They will be making some serious noise in the Mideast.  Pasquine, Bales and Kennedy make a pretty darn good nucleus for success next year.
A walk is never as good as a hit!

SCOTSman

W&J is definitely going to be a solid team in the 2010 season with a good combination of offense and pitching.  They should easily be the favorite to win the conference.  In terms of making noise in the Mideast though, I'm not to sure.  Like I said, they are going to be a good team, probably a top 25 team, but the Mideast is going to be the best region in Division 3 baseball in 2010, hands down.  Marietta, Adrian, Heidelberg, Denison, Concordia, Otterbein, and numerous others should all surface in the top 25 and make NCAA runs.  Then of course there's Rose Hulman and Wooster who very well could be 2 of the top 3 teams in the country next year.  Making an NCAA Regional would be a great accomplishment for the Presidents, but it's gonna take alot to dethrone Wooster and the other heavy hitters of the Mideast.
Every man dies, but not every man lives

Bishopleftiesdad

I see it has bee a long time since there has been any PAC fan's posting on this board. But I thought I would post that Chatham is adding baseball for 2016.

http://www.d3baseball.com/notables/2014/11/chatham-addsbasedball-hires_coach

That will bring the conference to an even 10 teams.

ADL70

Wonder where they'll play.  The lack of a convenient home field was a reason stated that it was unlikely CMU would upgrade its club team to varsity.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Bishopleftiesdad

Their soccer and softball team share a field.
http://www.gochathamcougars.com/sports/2013/1/23/GEN_0123133157.aspx
I am not sure that will work for baseball. I bet they will use Shady Sides field like they do for track and hockey.

ADL70

Wonder why CMU's club team doesn't use it?

Anyway that pretty much ends any speculation of CWRU affiliating with the PrAc for baseball.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

Bishopleftiesdad

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on November 11, 2014, 11:05:43 PM
Their soccer and softball team share a field.
http://www.gochathamcougars.com/sports/2013/1/23/GEN_0123133157.aspx
I am not sure that will work for baseball. I bet they will use Shady Sides field like they do for track and hockey.
There was an old annoucment. Chatham will be Playing games and holding proactices at West Field at William W. Knight Memorial Park.
https://gochathamcougars.com/news/2017/3/17/baseball-announces-home-field.aspx