WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronk

Quote from: roy_a on June 11, 2007, 09:23:25 AM
. Apart from a lot of Freshmen coming in to compete this year we do bring a lot back. .

roy_a,
   Any info on these  freshmen;I haven't seen anything yet.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Wydown Blvd.

Pat Coleman

Presto's sites generally look good.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Pat Coleman on June 21, 2007, 10:37:25 AM
Noticed the league Web site is available:

http://www.landmarkconference.org
The Poll on the right side asked the question about my favortie part of the website.

QuoteWhat is your favorite part of the Landmark Conference web site? 
Exciting Landmark Conference Logo
Easy Navigation
Schedule and Standings
Overall Design

Will the conference logo get another star as they add a member?   :D

Pat Coleman

Seems simple enough to change. Unlike the Empire 9. :)

Knightstalker

Definitely nicer than the NJAC website.

"In the end we will survive rather than perish not because we accumulate comfort and luxury but because we accumulate wisdom"  Colonel Jack Jacobs US Army (Ret).

ronk

The first 3 recruits for the Lady Royals were announced today on the athletics web site. Implies more to come.

roy_a

The Lady Royals sports family lost a true gentlemen with the passing of Womens Soccer coach JOE BOCHICCHIO. Joe was the soccer coach for nearly 25 years and was truly a nice man. My thoughts and prayers to his family.

ronk

I'm feeling older since I remember Joe from youth baseball then high school football at West Scranton.

NEPAFAN

Thanks for posting this .....a very sad story out of Scranton. Thoughts and Prayers for his family, friends and the University.
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

CardinalRed

Expect a good Freshman class out of Catholic this year. The past two years have been decent recruiting classes with Linderoth and Gray. Expect a drop off though because of the loss of Rojas,Deborger, and Mertz.

bbald eagle

Red-

There'll be a drop off without those 3 - CUA's three top scorers last season. But even with them CUA was in the bottom half of the CAC last year. 

The key to how CUA does this year will probably be the level of competition in Landmark. Goucher probably will be near the bottom and Scranton at the top, but apart from that, the league doesn't seem too clear to me - pretty non descript. How does Catholic stack up against the rest of the league?

ronk

Significant graduation losses this year for Scranton, so unless some incoming freshmen can start, they shouldn't be as strong as the last 5 years.
   Moravian usually has an above-average team and I was impressed with the new CU coach 2 years ago when they defeated Scranton in an early season game.
   Could be an interesting season with unfamiliar teams from 4 different leagues playing each other.

CardinalRed

I think the reason that CUA was in the bottom half last year was because of the injury to our best big (wo)man. Linderoth hurt her knee and was forced to sit out most of the year. This forced shannon mertz to take on much of the load, and she handled it well. The freshman class last year stepped it up. It is interesting to see if there is a sophmore slump or not. Justine Gray has what it takes to hold down the back court. They will need someone to step up as a shooting guard. Also a returning sophmore is Kate Robinson who is a rebounding machine. I look for the Lady Cards to finish at the worst, 3rd in the new conference. Coach Carey definetly has what it takes to lead this team to the conference championship. I think the record should improve because the Landmark isnt as deep as the CAC.