T8   11   Alfred              .554
10   8   MIT                   .446

orv   6   Montclair           .492     
orv   5   W Conn            .476
No votes, 2 loss teams:
          Hobart                .617
          Union                 .617
          Endicott              .592

The SOS will be an important factor for NCAA Regionals and should be considered by the ERFP voters . I'm thinking Salisbury may be over-ranked

I have Salisbury at 5 and I also think they may be over-ranked because of the way they win games.  But then again, they are still undefeated.  There strength of schedule will go up because their schedule is back loaded.  I expect them to lose to Wesley and Frostburg, but again I am voting on where we are currently, not on what I think will happen.

UfanBill

UPSET ALERT...Rowan leads Wesley 28-27 in the 4th   :o
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

TheOsprey

Ya'll can say what you want about WConn, but they will stay in my poll this week.  Watched their homecoming game from the fourth quarter through 4 OTs and they rallied from 14 down to beat Bwater St by a two point conversion 50-48.  Very entertaining end of the game and #2 McKinnon?? would be a great player on any squad!!👍

wesleydad

Quote from: TheOsprey on October 20, 2018, 09:54:57 PM
Ya'll can say what you want about WConn, but they will stay in my poll this week.  Watched their homecoming game from the fourth quarter through 4 OTs and they rallied from 14 down to beat Bwater St by a two point conversion 50-48.  Very entertaining end of the game and #2 McKinnon?? would be a great player on any squad!!👍

I have them on mine too.  Results are what matters and while the teams that some of us think are top of the east keep losing MIT and W Conn keep winning.  W Conn would possibly lose to every team ranked above them in the poll, but so has everyone else.  I think, if all things are equal and each team plays their best game, Wesley is the second best team in the east, but I dropped them off my ballot because they lost to a team who beat So Va and TCNJ by 3.  If you are a top 10 team in the east you do not lose to Rowan.

Machiavelli

You guys can't be serious about W. Conn. You're giving them props because they came back to beat friggin Bridgewater St in overtime? Are you even looking at their opponents or their records? Bridgewater beat 1-6 Buff St by 1. Buff St is getting hammered by everyone they've played(except Hartwick and of course W Conn). They lost Endicott by 14, Framingham by 21.

I can't believe I have to listen to this nonsense for 2 weeks still until Framingham beats them by 4 touchdowns. Who cares if they are winning. There is not a single 8% significant win on their schedule. They haven't even played a team with a pulse and they are barely winning. I don't know how I'm the only one understanding that they are the top tier of the absolute most absysmal  and shouldn't be in the conversation.

I'll also continue, until they lose, to accept MIT here because they've at least beaten a couple marginal teams, but I just can accept W. Conn and I look forward to the bloodbath they will receive soon.

TheOsprey

Wesley stays in poll for me.  It would almost not look right.🦉

Mach.--  your beating a dead horse. 🐎 WConn will only be challenged by Fram. St.,  otherwise their playoff bound.  This situation hasn't changed in a long time. ⏳

Machiavelli

Quote from: TheOsprey on October 21, 2018, 08:36:44 AM
Wesley stays in poll for me.  It would almost not look right.🦉

Mach.--  your beating a dead horse. 🐎 WConn will only be challenged by Fram. St.,  otherwise their playoff bound.  This situation hasn't changed in a long time. ⏳

Ok, by your logic they are playoff bound. Def Top 10 then. Fair deal.

Fortunately Framingham is going to hammer them and i'll be giggling in my mom's basement. Then next year, rinse:repeat.

AUPepBand

Is that the same Bridgewater State team that beat Buffalo State, 30-29? One can argue that Western Connecticut has NOT LOST A GAME and that we can't really prove that the Colonials wouldn't beat the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish but...three E8 teams tamed the Bengals, 65-7, 41-7 and 51-7 on successive Saterdays. Just sayin'....   :D

On Saxon Warriors!
On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Pat Coleman

Quote from: UfanBill on October 17, 2018, 11:43:08 AM
Quote from: Machiavelli on October 16, 2018, 10:05:46 PM
And FYI, I know you can do what I did above at enough levels to spin just about anything in your favor. It's like always bringing it Back to Bacon. But I challenge anyone to find a 100 point(on the dot) Delta with any team getting votes in the ERFP poll vs any team in the universe not getting votes. You can't.

Mach, chill... I said "you're probably right" about Cortland beating W. Conn. by 40. My point is don't completely discount their abilities. W.Conn. was a former NJAC member(2004-12) so the culture includes playing "up". They have a good shot at being in this year's tourney and besides, they have a really cool winged roof stadium.  ;D

Playing up, perhaps, but not winning up. Their last five years in the NJAC:

2012   1-8, 1-7   NJAC
2011   0-10, 0-9   NJAC
2010   0-10, 0-9   NJAC
2009   2-8, 2-7   NJAC
2008   2-8, 2-7   NJAC

Good illustration of the conferences when you look at Western Conn's first five years in the MASCAC:
2017   7-3, 5-3   MASCAC
2016   5-5, 4-4   MASCAC
2015   5-5, 4-4   MASCAC
2014   7-4, 6-2   MASCAC
2013   8-2, 6-2   MASCAC
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ice Bear

Dutch doesn't feel West Conn or MIT belongs.  West Conn for all the previously stated reasons and then some...MIT beats Coast Guard 13-0...? Listen, not that Dutch Boy's poll is iron clad, but are we doing a poll that attempts to parallel the regional rankings that we all love so much or are we attempting to use our insider knowledge, as fans, ex-players, ex-Wanna-be-players (Dutch Boy's category), etc, to accurately rate who "we" believe to be the best,  most competitive ten teams playing football in the east?

If the later is the case than Dutch Boy hopes that we all know, as a result of our observations and experiences around the D3 football landscape that records, especially here in the east (and certainly other regions as well) do not always accurately reflect how good a team is. **** look at UMU? Would MIT give them a game? One criteria says yes, they are both undefeated...every other criteria Dutch Boy can ****ing think of says no. We just need to decide which direction we want to go?
A long time fan of DIII Football!

wesleydad

Quote from: Dutch Boy on October 21, 2018, 04:33:27 PM
Dutch doesn't feel West Conn or MIT belongs.  West Conn for all the previously stated reasons and then some...MIT beats Coast Guard 13-0...? Listen, not that Dutch Boy's poll is iron clad, but are we doing a poll that attempts to parallel the regional rankings that we all love so much or are we attempting to use our insider knowledge, as fans, ex-players, ex-Wanna-be-players (Dutch Boy's category), etc, to accurately rate who "we" believe to be the best,  most competitive ten teams playing football in the east?

If the later is the case than Dutch Boy hopes that we all know, as a result of our observations and experiences around the D3 football landscape that records, especially here in the east (and certainly other regions as well) do not always accurately reflect how good a team is. **** look at UMU? Would MIT give them a game? One criteria says yes, they are both undefeated...every other criteria Dutch Boy can ****ing think of says no. We just need to decide which direction we want to go?

as this continues to be argued are we still using alfred and hobart as our comparisons?  Both 3 loss teams, but some think they are still in the top 10.  are you kidding me?  I have less issue with W Conn being in then I do with those that think a 3 loss team is still worthy of a top 10 position.  I have no issue dropping Wesley out, their 2 loses compared to other 2 loss teams are not as good.  Do I think they crush W Conn or MIT, probably but they just lost to Rowan who barely beat So Va and TCNJ, are those teams any better than W Conn or MIT.  We are talking about the 9 and 10 spots in a region.  I would rather have a team that is unbeaten in those spots than teams with 2 or 3 loses.  after the first 5 teams we are drawing straws as to who is in.  I still think Wesley is the second best team in the east, but the results dont bare that out.  This is not a what do I think will happen thing, this is a what did actually happen thing.  Thanks Dutch for joining the voting, at least you put up.

wesleydad

Quote from: AUPepBand on October 21, 2018, 03:38:56 PM

Is that the same Bridgewater State team that beat Buffalo State, 30-29? One can argue that Western Connecticut has NOT LOST A GAME and that we can't really prove that the Colonials wouldn't beat the Notre Dame Fightin' Irish but...three E8 teams tamed the Bengals, 65-7, 41-7 and 51-7 on successive Saterdays. Just sayin'....   :D

On Saxon Warriors!

Pep, love you, but didnt alfred just lose to utica?  hard to argue they should be in over W Conn.

AUPepBand

Quote from: wesleydad on October 21, 2018, 05:45:34 PM
Quote from: AUPepBand on October 21, 2018, 03:38:56 PM

On Saxon Warriors!

Pep, love you, but didnt alfred just lose to utica?  hard to argue they should be in over W Conn.

Never said Alfred should be in ahead of Western Connecticut. Just saying the Colonials' win over Bridgewater State ain't all that impressive. Period.

What would WestConn's record be if they played Brockport State, Cortland State and Alfred on successive Saterdays? We don't know, perhaps they'd still be undefeated. But Pep doubts it.

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Caz Bombers

only the real old heads on the board will remember some probably roided out dude on West Conn like 20 years ago posting that he wanted to fight The Guru on the 50 yard line when they went undefeated or some sh*t because Pat said they were just an OK team, then they went 5-5 or whatever and nobody from WCSU has ever shown up again on these boards.

I wonder whatever happened to that guy. He's either a multi-millionaire or in prison, right? No in between.

Anyhoo, West Conn probably kinda blows. Here's Wonderwall.

Pat Coleman

I've shown up at the 50 at the Stagg Bowl every year since then, but have yet to see Western Connecticut State.

This was back in 1999. Western Conn ran the table in the regular season, going 10-0, got a first-round bye (hey, it was the first year of the new system, the committee didn't know any better, but we advocated for Lycoming being moved into the East bracket). They then lost to Montclair State and went one-and-out.

Western Conn did go to the playoffs in 2001, lost 43-14 to Rowan in the first round.

Poster's name was Rodman. Every once in a while I hear from Jim Stout, one of the founding members of the D3football.com staff, with a Rodman sighting. Rodman would be in his late 30s by now.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.