FB: Region 4 fan poll

Started by DPU3619, September 09, 2011, 09:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Stoppable

Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 21, 2018, 06:29:53 PM
Key games for voters to note this Saturday (aside from possible total upsets or unexpected nail-biters):

(6-1) Wabash @ (7-0) Witt
  (6-1) Bald Wally @ (6-1) 'etta
  (5-2) Albion @ (7-0) Trine
  (7-0) Kazoo @ (4-3) Olivet
  (6-1) IWU @ (6-1) Millikin

If those voters are so inclined, they could also add (7-0) Eureka @ (6-1) Concordia Wisconsin to that list. 8-)
Lakeland Muskies: Fear the Fish!

NCAA Appearances
Football: 17, 16, 15, 09, 05
MBB: 04
WBB: 17, 10, 06, 04, 02, 01, 99
Baseball: 03, 02 (College World Series)

Mr. Ypsi

Quote from: Ryan Stoppable on October 22, 2018, 02:13:36 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ypsi on October 21, 2018, 06:29:53 PM
Key games for voters to note this Saturday (aside from possible total upsets or unexpected nail-biters):

(6-1) Wabash @ (7-0) Witt
  (6-1) Bald Wally @ (6-1) 'etta
  (5-2) Albion @ (7-0) Trine
  (7-0) Kazoo @ (4-3) Olivet
  (6-1) IWU @ (6-1) Millikin

If those voters are so inclined, they could also add (7-0) Eureka @ (6-1) Concordia Wisconsin to that list. 8-)

Good catch; I didn't notice that one.

Li'l Giant

sorry, I'm the slow poke again. I had a big deadline at work that took all my time.

I just sent my ballot in.

"I believe in God and I believe I'm gonna go to Heaven, but if something goes wrong and I end up in Hell, I know it's gonna be me and a bunch of D3 officials."---Erik Raeburn

Quote from: sigma one on October 11, 2015, 10:46:46 AMI don't drink with the enemy, and I don't drink lattes at all, with anyone.

wally_wabash

I've still got one out.  I'll put the poll up tonight with or without the 12th ballot. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

smedindy

It was easier for me to fill out the North this week than wrestling with the West's 6-10. There, there's a split on where to put Bethel and St. Thomas

wally_wabash

Light one ballot this week, alas, we forge ahead.  Here is your 2018 Week 8 NRFP:

click to enlarge

The NRFP is (usually) voted on by: Captain_Joe08, CollegeGolf18, Dr. Acula, FCGrizzliesGrad, HOPEful, Li'l Giant, Mr Ypsi, NCF,  smedindy, thunderdog, USee, and wally wabash.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Mr. Ypsi

I'm column three this week.  I exactly matched the overall poll, except having WashU and Wheaton above Trine.  I certainly respect Trine, but that ain't Eric Watt taking the snaps.  I've had them as high as 7, but 8 may be the limit unless and until they win a playoff game.

I watched the entire IWU @ WashU game - the Bears are very much for real!  Their win over Wheaton was no fluke, and I think they would probably dismantle Trine (though admittedly I haven't watched a Trine game).

smedindy

I had Millikin in for Wheaton - I'm column 6.

thunderdog

For the record, Wheaton did defeat Millikin 63-6 in 2018.

HOPEful

I'm row 10. My ranks moved very little from last week.
Let's go Dutchmen!

2015-2016 1-&-Done Tournament Fantasy League Co-Champion

Dr. Acula

I'm column 1.  I figured I'd be the low man for Trine and I'm okay with that right now.  I'm just not overly impressed to be honest.   

thunderdog

My ballot for week 9 is submitted. But Honestly, North region is a mess as far as rankings are concerned. I changed my ballot umpteen times before sending it. Hardest parts for me were:
1- how to rank the 3 NCAC teams. I don't think anyone can have much conviction behind any of the combos.
2- where does Trine fit in/deserve? IMO, they're a 3rd/4th place team in OAC, NCAC, and CCIW.
3- who deserves the #3 spot from the CCIW? Wheaton or WashU?

In the end I went with 3 OAC teams , 3 NCAC, 3 CCIW, and 1 MIAA

CollegeGolf18

This is a week where you put Mount followed by JCU, then you take all the teams that are left in the North, put them on the wall and start throwing darts.
Former Collegiate Golfer
Current Sports Nut

USee

Quote from: CollegeGolf18 on October 28, 2018, 05:48:26 PM
This is a week where you put Mount followed by JCU, then you take all the teams that are left in the North, put them on the wall and start throwing darts.

Mount yes, JCU, no. They are part of the morass that is left

smedindy

I don't see any evidence not to rank JCU #2.

I put in 4 CCIW teams, though I almost rolled a d20 between B-W and the other two CCIW teams to guage their strength.