WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

Looking at some stats.....crazy....

A CNU Fr with 7 double doubles (Terwiliger)
Another Freshman about to break Chelsea Schweers Fr record for 3 pointers made (Foster)

but......another Fr is the one who wins Rookie of the Year award (Fan)

Wow - I predict at least one of these players wins All-American accolades before their career is over!

ronk

Very tough loss for CNU; Jess Daguilh finishes her career with a very good game; been watching her for 6 years; Natalie Terwilliger played like a future star - nice footwork in the lane and touch from 3-pt range.

CNU85

Very tough loss indeed. My heart breaks for Zhara Tannor. When I saw her get fouled I smiled as I knew we had this in the bag. That's not a way you want to end your career. I hope she is able to remember all the positive aspects of her career. Her winning shots, steals, hustle. How she gave her all....and mostly....how the CNU fans loved watching her play!! We will miss her!! Congrats on a great career Zhara!!!! I'm glad you wore a Captains uniform! #captainforlife

gordonmann

Reposted from the Landmark room:

Tannor handled herself very well in the press conference last night.

She was asked about the free throws and said something to the effect of, "They both felt good leaving my hand. I wasn't bothered by the student section. I wouldn't do anything differently the next time. My coach believed in me."

There were no tears, just a determined smile.

After the press conference, while I was working on the front page in the press box, I saw the CNU team waiting for the bus. Tannor was as energetic and upbeat as the rest of the team, smiling and enjoying her teammates' company. I don't know what she was really thinking or feeling and there will be a lot of time for her to process that. But in the immediate aftermath she seemed to be handling it very well.

CNU85

That's good to hear!! I believe she is headed off to medical school, so perhaps she is keeping things in perspective. Thanks for the update. Makes me feel better!

ronk

S/O to Jess Deguilh for her CNU career; we go back at least 5 years to her AAU days with the Potomac Vogues. Wanted to speak with her after Friday's game but finally figured out she was in the postgame press conference. Best wishes to Jess for her postgrad plans.
   Spoke with Jess Foster and Natalie Terwilliger and her parents while waiting; as frosh, they seemed to bounce back quickly, knowing they have 3 more years.

Swish3

That was a great season for the Lady Captains...they have much to be proud of...the future looks bright in NN!

GO LADY CAPS!

CNU85

Last week CNU shot 2-30 from 3. Last night they shot 16-32. Perhaps there was some practice going on???

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The basketball season now finds itself square in the middle of not only the holidays, but also finals. Teams are taking breaks to focus on academics and either not playing until the new year or finding openings to fit in games here and there.

And while the tempo of games subsides a bit, there is still plenty of news swirling around Division III. Tune in as Dave and guests tackle all of the news this week in what should be a jam-packed Hoopsville on Thursday night.

Topics will include the latest news of two Capital Athletic Conference members announcing they are leaving for other conference homes. What is next for the CAC which will be down to just three members by 2021-22 season. The rumors about St. Thomas's future continue to swirl, we at least try and put some of those rumors to rest. And a MIAC president finally speaks out about the decision to push UST out the door. Maybe he should have not said anything.

Plus, there is a new number one team in women's basketball, a team that nearly completed an undefeated season has reemerged, another former champion is showing they may be back in the hunt, and a program we haven't talked about in a long time has made it known they are ready for the season.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch Thursday's show LIVE with the following options:
- Main page: www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville
- Show page: http://bit.ly/2rFn0MF (or www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville/archives/2019-20/dec12)
- Facebook Live Simulcast: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
- YouTube Simulcast: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
- Team1 Sports: www.team1sports.com/Hoopsville/
- Team1 Sports app (Android TV, Amazon Fire, Apple TV, Roku) - you will either find it under the "live" section or search for the Hoopsville channel

If you have questions about Division III basketball, feel free to send them and we will answer them on a the show. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or use any of the social media options to the right.

Guests Schedule (order subject to change):
- Doreen Carden, Albion women's coach
- Jill Pace, No. 1 Tufts women's coach
- Stephen Brennan, No. 14 Babson men's coach
- Keith Bunkenburg, No. 24 Benedictine coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts, choose your favorite avenue to listen and/or subscribe via the the following four avenues (click on the images when necessary):
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville

https://www.iheart.com/podcast/256-hoopsville-30984615/

We also have the podcast now on iHeartRadio, Tune-In and others coming. We will update them once we have better abilities to do so.

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/d3hoopsville
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

VT-Alum-NOVA

CNU had big wins SVA, @UMW, York; all by double digits bodes well.  I really thought UMW game would be closer.
now they are in driver's seat for #1 seed for CAC tourney.  With underclasswomen playing bulk of mins and points, looks bright for next 2 years as well.

CNU85

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on January 23, 2020, 08:42:13 AM
CNU had big wins SVA, @UMW, York; all by double digits bodes well.  I really thought UMW game would be closer.
now they are in driver's seat for #1 seed for CAC tourney.  With underclasswomen playing bulk of mins and points, looks bright for next 2 years as well.

Indeed . Only 1 Sr and 2 Jrs. The rest are split between SO and Fr (8 each).

VT-Alum-NOVA

lone Sr was hurt, has not played last 3 games.  One Jr starts, other comes off bench.
top 3 scorers are 2 Soph & 1 Frosh
underclassmen account for 75% of points
Points distribution
Frosh 25%
Soph  53%
Jr   11%
Sr   10%

CNU85

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on January 23, 2020, 09:44:14 PM
lone Sr was hurt, has not played last 3 games.  One Jr starts, other comes off bench.
top 3 scorers are 2 Soph & 1 Frosh
underclassmen account for 75% of points
Points distribution
Frosh 25%
Soph  53%
Jr   11%
Sr   10%

Which Fr is your daughter?  ;D ;D ;D

VT-Alum-NOVA

lol, i do not have a frosh on team
;D

VT-Alum-NOVA

Dave alluded to new ACAA/CAC merger may be called CAC.  I hope so.  He also said CAC may add a few more schools as well.
I think CAC will employ ACAA conference championship tournament (seeding by massey ratings) for basketball.