WBB: Landmark Conference

Started by Dave 'd-mac' McHugh, February 20, 2007, 07:24:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rofrog

ALL I WILL SAY IS WOW and congrats to all the teams that have moved on to the second round.Seniors gave us 4 great years I thought the journey would continue but it  ended very sloppy and definetly outplayed on all phases.Defense was not good at all and Endicott wanted it more!Hopefully this isnt what the lady Royals have in store from  now on one and done will not go good with the fans!!

NEPAFAN

Men and Women both underachieved. Long off season..
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

saratoga

That's for sure.

Congrats certainly in order for Endicott...they were clearly ready for Scranton & the Lady Royals played like they thought they were up by 30 before the game even started.

Virtually no adjustments during the game even though their big & good shooting guards had 2 fouls each by the 8 minute mark of the 2nd. quarter.

Just an overall lack of urgency & emotion.

Every coaching journey has a beginning. Let's hope lessons are learned from this lackluster performance and in the future, serious preparation takes place.

Inheriting a Final Four team with 4 returning starters & getting knocked out (at home) in the first round is not the way to win friends & influence others in Royaland.

All the very best to the 4 Seniors that have had an incredible run. Sophia & Lily busted all night. Emily & Mac just had one of those games but Endicott had us scouted to perfection & played a huge role in their off night.

If you want to be a head coach, learn from this...file the lousy feeling away & get ready for next year with a purpose & passion...two major ingredients that seemed conspicuously absent this evening.

VT-Alum-NOVA

What was the violation before tip off?  Book?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: Swish3 on March 06, 2020, 10:49:03 AM
Quote from: Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan) on March 06, 2020, 10:22:30 AM
Quote from: Swish3 on March 06, 2020, 10:16:08 AM
Quote from: gordonmann on March 04, 2020, 03:59:06 PM
True. Geography also helps, as does having half of your conference schedule translate into results against regionally ranked opponents (one of the primary criteria for getting into the tournament and getting hosting rights).

I'm not convinced that Williams is a better at-large candidate than Ohio Northern or Augsburg, but their SOS and vRRO look great because almost every other game is against a regionally ranked team.

I'm not so sure the NCAA's way of determining SOS is all that great...isn't there a serious flaw that's been identified and needs correcting?

The men have a multiplier that a few stats folks have pointed out is not being applied towards its intended purpose.  The women have no multiplier; it's just the OWP and OOWP regardless of home/away.

Seems like there should be some more in depth analysis...winning percentages can be deceiving.  Well, at least they've started to consider the strength of the actual teams when it comes to results versus regionally ranked opponents, as opposed to strictly the records.  Also, why on Earth do the men and women have a different SOS formula?

Each committee is allowed to us a multiplier if they so choose. Men's basketball and lacrosse use. Men's and women's soccer have used it in the past as well. So did volleyball at one time.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 06, 2020, 11:14:08 PM

That is about the only one imaginable. But maybe there was something else. But usually it is a starters thing.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Rofrog

After I gathered my thoughts I really have to say this is one of the most devastating losses in Lady Royals history!To have four seniors coming off a stellar year,making final four last year ,then turning around and  getting beat in the first round at home is so devastating!I'm lost for words- but Good luck to both teams in the Pod tomorrow CNU and Endicott.

jmcozenlaw

Quote from: Rofrog on March 07, 2020, 12:18:50 AM
After I gathered my thoughts I really have to say this is one of the most devastating losses in Lady Royals history!To have four seniors coming off a stellar year,making final four last year ,then turning around and  getting beat in the first round at home is so devastating!I'm lost for words- but Good luck to both teams in the Pod tomorrow CNU and Endicott.

This result shocked me even a bit more than PSU-Harrisburg beating Johns Hopkins on the men's side!!

NEPAFAN

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 06, 2020, 11:42:30 PM

That is about the only one imaginable. But maybe there was something else. But usually it is a starters thing.

I read on twitter issue with the light on the shot clock?
A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.
Vince Lombardi

VT-Alum-NOVA

Quote from: NEPAFAN on March 07, 2020, 12:30:50 PM

I heard same thing.  My question, how did Scranton play entire season at home without this violation being noticed.  Ronk, do you know?

ronk

Quote from: VT-Alum-NOVA on March 07, 2020, 04:51:16 PM
Quote from: NEPAFAN on March 07, 2020, 12:30:50 PM

I heard same thing.  My question, how did Scranton play entire season at home without this violation being noticed.  Ronk, do you know?

Supposedly, the light around the backboard may only go off at the end of a quarter and not at the end of a shot clock expiration.
I talked with the shot clock operator and he thought it was a rule from 4 years ago that was just enforced last nite for the 1st time w/o warning or else they would have changed it to comply. It definitely wasn't invoked this season before last night. All NCAA games are said to be equally important in a season so it shouldn't have been changed for last night. I know Coach Dipillo was upset during warmups pregame in an animated discussion with the NCAA rep. Somebody(Dave McHugh) should address it with the committee chair(Karin Harvey).

Pat Coleman

It's unfortunate that the officials didn't enforce it all year but that isn't a reason to not enforce it in the NCAA Tournament.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ronk

Quote from: Pat Coleman on March 07, 2020, 06:46:19 PM
It's unfortunate that the officials didn't enforce it all year but that isn't a reason to not enforce it in the NCAA Tournament.

Sure, it is. Why wasn't it enforced earlier? And why was their no notification?

Pat Coleman

Ask Landmark Conference officials, I suppose. It isn't new. Gordon will probably come on here later and talk about where he had seen it enforced earlier this season -- we were discussing this in our group chat.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

saratoga

Meanwhile down in Lewisburg.....

Former Lady Royal Head Coach Trevor Woodruff, taking over a Bucknell team with only one returning starter, has the Lady Bison roll through the Patriot League & win the regular season with a 16-2 record & earn the top seed in the upcoming playoffs.

In addition, Trevor has been named COY in the Patriot.

Not a bad start to say the least & this is with zero recruiting completed for this year.

Also just realized that one of last years Lady Royal co-captains (Julia Gantz) played for two of the Patriot League's top coaches...Bill Cleary now of Colgate (before transferring) and then 3 years with Trevor at Scranton.