BB: WIAC: Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by BDB, December 30, 2005, 09:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baseball Geek

Warhawks sweep Ripon while Bryden hits for the cycle again in game one. It looked like he may do it for the third time in game two, but he "only" went 4-5.

TitanDoubles

Truly believe that this will be Oshkosh's year to win the conference outright. The early season has only reaffirmed what I had been thinking all off season. This Titan team is loaded with talented and experience. They've already racked up some quality wins in a tough non-conference schedule. I think the conference will come down to UWO and UWW.

Had a chance to see UWO in person against MSOE. Defense and offense looked solid. Starting pitching is a plus as well. Bullpen struggled a bit but if Scott Gorsuch can put it all together he would be the ideal pitcher to slam the door shut in big games later in the season.

badgerwarhawk

Out of conference:

Illinois Tech (8-6):  Beloit (W 4-3), Mass. College of Liberal Arts (L 4-5, W 7-5),  Olivet (L 1-6), Cazenovia (W 5-2). Fitchburg State (W 4-0, W 1-0), Keene State (L 6-14),  Milwaukee School of Engineering (W 7-0, L 1-5), Wisconsin Lutheran (w 11-7, W 9-3), Carthage (L 3-13, L 0-15)

La Crosse: (8-5):  St Thomas (W 2-0), Southern Maine (W 12-11), Spalding (L 2-4), College of New Jersey (L 2-3), SUNY Brockport (W 9-7), RIT (W 5-0), lllinois Wesleyan (W 18-5), Benedictine (L 4-5), Webster (W 4-2), Concordia - Chicago (L 3-8, L 8-14), St Scholastica (W 6-4, W 14-11)

Oshkosh (13-2): Wabash (L 4-5), Transylvania (W 9-1, L 10-14), St Thomas (W 4-3, W 6-3), Ripon (W 7-1), St Scholastica (W 4-2), Lawrence (W 15-1), Washington & Jefferson (W 11-1), Grinnell (W 8-0,), Benedictine (W 13-3), Thomas (W 20-0), Wis Lutheran (W 11-2), Milwaukee School of Engineering (W 12-2, W 10-7)

Platteville (6-10): Aurora (L 1-3), Olivet (L 6-7), Spalding (L 1-11), Anderson (L 5-9), Spalding (L 2-12), DePauw (W 15-13), Fonbonne (L 3-13, L 3-5), Rose Hulman (L 3-20), Chicago (L 6-7), Rose Hulman (W 8-6), Belhaven (L 5-10, W 10-8, W 15-12), Millsaps (W 8-7), Edgewood (W 6-4)

Stevens Point (7-3): St Olaf (W 3-1, W 9-6), Western New England (L 1-2), Washington & Jefferson (L 4-5, W 6-0), Keuka (W 20-0), St Thomas (L 1-6, W 5-2), Colby (W 4-2), Colby (W 10-5)

Stout (3-8): Augsburg (L 0-3, L 5-8), Hamline (L 2-9, W 6-2), Edgewood (W 15-9), St Michael's (L 2-3, L 2-4), North Park (L 7-16), Lakeland (W 9-5), Augustana (L 3-5), SUNY-Plattsburg (L 7-10)

WARHAWKS (8-2): Babson (W 5-3), Hope (W 11-1), Washington & Jefferson (W 8-1), Lawrence (W 9-4), Grinnell (W 16-4), St Olaf (L 3-6), St Thomas (L 0-3), Ripon (W 15-3, W 11-5)

4/02
Overall: 53-36 .600

"Just think twice is my only advice."

badgerwarhawk

The WARHAWKS got home runs from Aldridge (2), Stontoro, Szubert, Bryden and Wary and easily defeated Illinois Tech 14-4 in eight innings.  Kaska got the win allowing a single hit with a walk and six strikeouts in five innings.  After a pair of relievers Renz struck out the side to finish the game. 

Baseball Geek

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 05, 2018, 03:25:20 PM
The WARHAWKS got home runs from Aldridge (2), Stontoro, Szubert, Bryden and Wary and easily defeated Illinois Tech 14-4 in eight innings.  Kaska got the win allowing a single hit with a walk and six strikeouts in five innings.  After a pair of relievers Renz struck out the side to finish the game.

No live stats or social media updates apparently for Game Two, so we don't know who is pitching for the Warhawks. But we are hearing that Bryden had another leadoff homer.

badgerwarhawk

Quote from: Baseball Geek on April 05, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

No live stats or social media updates apparently for Game Two, so we don't know who is pitching for the Warhawks. But we are hearing that Bryden had another leadoff homer.

WARHAWKS take game two 10-3.  No other details were available on either team's website. 

Baseball Geek

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 05, 2018, 08:40:41 PM
Quote from: Baseball Geek on April 05, 2018, 04:27:04 PM

WARHAWKS take game two 10-3.  No other details were available on either team's website.

Heilenbach started and I presume got the win. O'Sullivan, Muir, and Gruetzmacher threw in relief. In addition to Bryden's leadoff homer, Santoro and Cho homered, as well. Apparently there was snow falling during game two (and not flurries). I'm afraid I don't have more solid specifics.

The Stout series in Whitewater this weekend doesn't look much better weather wise.

TitanDoubles

Can someone please explain to me how UWW is able to advertise their athletic programs during Brewers and Bucks games? I have been wondering about this for the last two years of seeing the commercials on TV. To my understanding it's a blatant NCAA violation.

badgerwarhawk

We haven't kept it a secret and have been doing it long enough that at the least the conference commissioner should know about it.  I don't know the rules that well but I'm doubting your understanding.  We simply purchased advertising from Fox Sports.  I suspect Oshkosh could do the same.

WARHAWKS take two ten run rule shortened games with Stout 14-4, 11-1 today.  Bryden goes 4x5 with 4 RBIs and Jones gets 8Ks and the win in game one.  Rentz allows 4 hits and strikes out 6 while Sontoro gets 3 hits and a pair of RBI in game two.   

A balmy 33 was the best it got today.  Two more tomorrow.

TitanDoubles

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 07, 2018, 07:25:24 PM
We haven't kept it a secret and have been doing it long enough that at the least the conference commissioner should know about it.  I don't know the rules that well but I'm doubting your understanding.  We simply purchased advertising from Fox Sports.  I suspect Oshkosh could do the same.

WARHAWKS take two ten run rule shortened games with Stout 14-4, 11-1 today.  Bryden goes 4x5 with 4 RBIs and Jones gets 8Ks and the win in game one.  Rentz allows 4 hits and strikes out 6 while Sontoro gets 3 hits and a pair of RBI in game two.   

It's a violation. You can't recruit athletes via advertisements on TV. If you could I guarantee you would see every D1 school doing it. Especially something like UW-Milwaukee basketball.

bleedpurple

Quote from: TitanDoubles on April 07, 2018, 11:23:59 PM

It's a violation. You can't recruit athletes via advertisements on TV. If you could I guarantee you would see every D1 school doing it. Especially something like UW-Milwaukee basketball.
I'd be interested in knowing how you are going to stand behind your guarantee. Or are those empty words? It is absolutely not a violation. Is UW-W ahead of the curve on this? Yes. As usual. There are restrictions on current student athletes' roles in advertisements. That's why former athletes are participating. it would be great if you would produce the rule being violated or admit you are wrong. I predict you will do neither.

bleedpurple

Quote from: bleedpurple on April 08, 2018, 12:32:46 AM

I'd be interested in knowing how you are going to stand behind your guarantee. Or are those empty words? It is absolutely not a violation. Is UW-W ahead of the curve on this? Yes. As usual. There are restrictions on current student athletes' roles in advertisements. That's why former athletes are participating. it would be great if you would produce the rule being violated or admit you are wrong. I predict you will do neither.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wQgX/university-of-michigan-athletics-get-in-on-the-action

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wiao/university-of-san-francisco-like-no-other-place

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/walw/university-of-denver-the-recipe-for-championship

badgerwarhawk

It’s a violation. You can’t recruit athletes via advertisements on TV. If you could I guarantee you would see every D1 school doing it. Especially something like UW-Milwaukee basketball.

Ok, you keep insisting and we'll keep doing.  We aren't that stupid, ok.  If it were a blatant violation we wouldn't have done it in the first place let alone continue with it.  We didn't just launch the campaign without clarifying what we are allowed and not allowed to do.  Our athletic department administrators are a whole lot more together than that. 

Just the stats

It’s a violation. You can’t recruit athletes via advertisements on TV. If you could I guarantee you would see every D1 school doing it. Especially something like UW-Milwaukee basketball.
I think it's only a violation to advertise during high school sporting events. That's why you don't see those types of ads during the state tournaments.

Baseball Geek

Quote from: badgerwarhawk on April 08, 2018, 11:01:08 AM

Ok, you keep insisting and we'll keep doing.  We aren't that stupid, ok.  If it were a blatant violation we wouldn't have done it in the first place let alone continue with it.  We didn't just launch the campaign without clarifying what we are allowed and not allowed to do.  Our athletic department administrators are a whole lot more together than that.

EXACTLY. These TV spots (which I also believe are produced by the UWW Mass Communications students) have been airing for at least two years. The campaign was also broadly announced through the Website and social media. Of course, this would not be the case if anything was not properly vetted or questionable. I also see it as meant to recruit students in general, many of whom enjoy the winning environment, whether or not they are potential student athletes.