SUNYAC 2017

Started by Golden_Fan, May 22, 2017, 11:37:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EasyGoer27

I feel like the Oswego fan club, I'm not.  6-1 with 25 to go they have emptied the bench.  Interesting early season story.  Curious to see what happens when the water gets deeper, but they look good.

Golden_Fan

Quote from: EasyGoer27 on September 03, 2017, 01:32:53 PM
I feel like the Oswego fan club, I'm not.  6-1 with 25 to go they have emptied the bench.  Interesting early season story.  Curious to see what happens when the water gets deeper, but they look good.

I wish their stream would have worked for me today. I wouldn't read much into this game as they only won one game last year...

Bengalsrule

My BENGALS get off to a good start with a 3-0 win over Dyouville followed by a 1-0 shut out vs Keuka! Tougher competition lies ahead tomorrow vs Houghton college at Fredonia

Go BENGALS!

Bengalsrule

Make my BENGALS 5-1 after an impressive 1-0 victory over U of Rochester!

Mr.Right

Quote from: Bengalsrule on September 12, 2017, 09:25:33 PM
Make my BENGALS 5-1 after an impressive 1-0 victory over U of Rochester!

Congrats to Buff State as that is a very solid W....Can they hang with Cortland and Oneonta this year in the SUNYAC..That is the question

Golden_Fan

A very good win for them! From the box score it looks like UR controlled a majority of the play but a win is a win. Was anyone able to watch?

Some other notable games from yesterday:
Fredonia lost their first game of the season 2-0 to Naz.
Plattsburgh drop to 3-2 with a 2-0 loss to Johns Hopkins
Cortland bounces back with a 3-0 win vs Elmira
Oswego rolls another meh team 7-1.

Golden_Fan

Perhaps the biggest game of the SUNYAC regular season take place on Friday. Oneonta travels to Cortland with the winner possibly claiming the top seed in the tournament if they both win the rest of their games

Mr.Right

With Cortland St and Oneonta getting all the pub and deservedly so, Buffalo State is really flying under the radar...With wins over Rochester and Cortland you can bet they will be regionally ranked next week...They might not have the strongest SOS but RvR right now is 2-0-0 with a huge game still v Oneonta next week. A win or draw there and keep beating the weaker teams left on their schedule they could be on the right side of the bubble. Actually, I will be interested to see the East's Regional Rankings. You have Hobart at 5-2-4 and have not lost since the 1st weekend of the year and they play Cortland on Tuesday which will be a bug game.

Golden_Fan

I'm looking towards Oneonta, Cortland, and Buff State to take the top 3 spots in the rankings tomorrow.

Mr.Right

Not sure about that but I suppose who else would get #3 in the region instead of Buff State? Was kind of surprised that Buff State was not in the D3 Top 25 after a nice week.

Mr.Right

SUNYAC cleans up the East with the Top 3 spots all claimed..They will have two Pool C's easily..That Buff State win over Cortland was huge..Congrats to the SUNYAC..

Golden_Fan

I'm hoping Brockport can take Plattsburgh's place if they pick up two wins this weekend

Golden_Fan

Half time in the sunyac.
Brockport is up 2-0 on plattsburgh
potsdamn and Geneseo are tied at 0
same with buff state and oneonta
New paltz is up on fredonia 1-0

Golden_Fan

Full time brockport takes it 2-0 over Plattsburgh and clinches a spot in the playoffs
Buff state and Oneonta headed into OT
Potsdamn beats Geneseo 1-0
New Plats beats Fredonia 2-1

Mr.Right

Buff State another solid result with a draw v Oneonta. SUNYAC will get 3 teams into the dance and a lock to get 3 Pool C's no matter what happens in the SUNYAC tournament IMO so if another team besides Cortland, Oneonta or Buff State wins the SUNYAC they will get 3 Pool C's and 4 teams into the dance.