WBB: SUNYAC

Started by SuperFan, November 24, 2004, 10:04:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-mac

It is time to find out who is in... and who is out.
Whose bubble has been burst and who is wearing Cinderella's glass slippers.
It's Selection Sunday... and tonight there will be a special "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" as the 2005 NCAA Men's and Women's Basketball Brackets are announced... LIVE on our air!
The Road to Salem and Virginia Beach officially starts tonight!

It plans to be a huge night... as 50 womens and 48 mens teams are officially invited to the dance and a chance at a national title.

Some teams already know they are going (thanks to winning their conferences) and some think they are going, but there are always surprises.

So tonight, we will break it all down. Starting at 8:30 PM EST, we will take a look at who is definitely in, who might make it, who will be disappointed, and what match-ups you might want to look forward to seeing later in the week.

Then at 10:00 PM EST... we will broadcast LIVE the Women's Selection Show so you can find out when we do... the 50 teams on the Road to Virginia Beach.

That will be followed by the Men's Selection Show at 10:30 PM EST - when 48 teams find out what their Road to Salem will be like.

After those selections... we will go over it with a fine-tooth comb and find out who we think are the surprises!

And throughout the show, we will hear from different regions with live reports and talk to coaches that have made surprising moves into the tournament.

Of course, you can listen in thank to http://www.goucher.edu/radio">Goucher College.
We suggest you try and use the low-bandwith signal which will require you to have htpp://forms.real.com/netzip/getrde601.html?h=software-dl.real.com&r=2723cbe80ea75bfa7021&f=windows/RealPlayer10-5GOLD_bb.exe&p=RealOne Player&oem=dlrhap_bb&tagtype=ie&type=dlrhap_bb">Real Player and selection the rtsp://helix.goucher.edu/broadcast/goucherradiolb">28K version of the show.
At the same time, you can listen to the Broadcastmonsters.com version, using http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/download/download.aspx">Windows Media Player (go to the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" page for more information).

And you can share your opinions and questions with us, live on the air.
email - mailto:hoopsville@d3hoops.com">hoopsville@d3hoops.com  
AOL IM - Hoopsville2000

And for more information... check out the "http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville">Hoopsville" website (http://www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville" target=_top>www.d3hoops.com/hoopsville)!

Again... it all starts tonight at 8:30 PM EST.

docksider

Hey all, it's time to reactivate this place.  As a long time observer of SUNYAC WBB, I'm convinced that the conference is stronger than ever.  Many more teams are contending for a spot at the Aud.  In recent years, Oswego has emerged as a new power in the league.  Ostate, Cstate, Bport and been traditional favorites with Fredonia and Gen, Buffstate too,  often there.  What are  your predictions for this year?  As you follow your favorite team, who are the ones to watch? 

cstatealum

My prediction is C-state all the way.  Last year was the first year they didn't make it to the finals since Yeoman took over and there is no way that Coach Yo will let that happen again.  Not to mention those freshman are nasty and Sara Cavanaugh is lighting it up again.  Kaylin VanDusen can not stand losing in her home town and if she keeps playing the way she is, it's hands down.  Go c-state.

docksider

C-state is certainly off to a strong start.  The trio of seniors are all playing well, and getting better each game.  If the very talented juniors, soph, and frosh emulate the seniors' work ethic, C-State will likely be at the Aud, perhaps at the final game again.  Coach Yeoman's record would only add to that probability.  Still, they'll have to show up every day.  There are very few, if any, easy wins in SUNYAC anymore. 

docksider

C-state holds posession of first place with 51-44 win at Oneonta.  Oswego has decisive win over a very good Fredonia team, 60-38, while NP domonates IT, 70-54.  Geneseo & Buff State win non con matchups, while Brockport falls to SJF and Potsdam loses to Clarkson, 71-60. 

There's a  threeway tie for second (Gen, Broc and Oswego) which leaves things wide open, especially with Gen topping Naz in overtime (given that Naz nipped C-Sate in December). 

Still have to give credit to C-state for posting 2 of its three conference wins on the road against perennial powers, Brockport and Oneonta. 

So much more to come.  Gotta love it!

docksider

Any predictions? 

Friday, January 20
Buffalo State  at Brockport   
Potsdam  at Fredonia   
Geneseo  at Oneonta   
Oswego  at New Paltz   
Plattsburgh  at Cortland   

Saturday, January 21 
Potsdam  at Buffalo State   
Plattsburgh  at Fredonia   
Geneseo  at New Paltz   
SUNYIT  at Brockport   
Oswego  at Cortland   

Based on current standings, the main event is Oswego at Cortland on Saturday night.  Likely the matchup that shakes up or solidifies the current standings.  It's the only Ows v Cort matchup, so tiebreaker implictions would seem to be big.  That said, both of those teams have to prevail on Friday for Saturday to hold the drama. And a slip up by either puts a lot of other teams in play for the top spots.

Bob Maxwell

Another win for Brockport... 8-2.  Can anyone beat Cortland this year?

Bob Maxwell

I guess someone can... Brockport 55 Cortland 52 last night.

I hope there is a rubber game in the SUNYAC finals!

Bob Maxwell

Opening night for the SUNYAC's and no one has posted a thing...

Hmm, 1  minute until tip off at Brockport... have to get the radio started!

atn alum

Anyone with any details with what it was like to be at the New Paltz-Geneseo game?...we've had some herculean comebacks this season, but that one tops all...

Caz Bombers

I was thisclose to heading down to NP for the game, then changed my mind at the last minute.  You know, I assumed when I read the local paper this morning that they had gotten it wrong.  18-point comeback in 2 minutes, 50 seconds?  Scoring 28 points in that timeframe?  That's impossible!  Guess not.   Good for the Hawks, even if C-State will slap them silly on Friday.

bbbouncer

Caz Bombers

We'll see.  Hartwick hasn't been any good in several years now, and an E8 poster or two with knowledge of the 'Wick program (certainly not me) implied there was some player/coach friction going on.

However, from Hartwick's end, letting what was  your most successful D3 coach simply walk across town after 15 years is yet another indication of their refusal to even try and compete in any of their sports.  Gosh, I'm ever so glad (/sarcasm) that Ithaca is stuck in the same league as those yahoos.

thebear

Don't know if anyone noticed, but last night Potsdam beat St. Lawrence on the road 57-55. 

Potsdam trailed at the half, built a double digit lead in the second half, in large part due to the play of PG Hannah Fairchild, then withstood a furious SLU rally.  With the game tied at 55, Potsdam turned the ball over on the in bounds play after the tying basket.  Then in a scene reminescent of "Havlicek stole the ball" Potsdam's Cortney Poirier stole the inbounds pass with :04 and was fouled.  Poirier made both shots and Potsdam defended the final sequence.  Last season, SLU beat Potsdam by 25 en route to a 24-4 season.  Two years ago, Potsdam was 2-23, last year 11-15, and now suddenly competitive.

Great coaching job by Tara Ruckh.  Her team is led by a group of former class c and d all-state players from small schools in Northern NY (4 starters, and 10 of 13 players in all from Northern NY).  She has been very patient in developing this group of young women into a competitive team, and a great story.
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday

Caz Bombers

Good point.  Potsdam beating St. Lawrence would usually be just about inconceivable but after I saw the box score of IC only beating Potsdam by 4, I thought to myself, "whaddaya know, they're actually not awful this season."  Still didn't think they could beat the Lady Larries though...nice job by former Bomber assistant Tara Ruckh (and her assistant, ex-Bomber player Molly Brennan).