MBB: College Conference of Illinois and Wisconsin

Started by Board Mod, February 28, 2005, 11:18:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gregory Sager

I'm certainly rooting for him.

(It helps that I have no other dog in the fight as far as the MWC is concerned.)
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

kiko

Quote from: Gregory Sager on April 24, 2018, 10:44:01 AM

The North Central people no doubt will want to claim a piece of him, too ... although only if he wins at IC. ;)

I'm clearly not the insider that AndOne is, but there is no caveat to this.  When someone helps build a program/organization for even a brief window of time, and then moves on because they got a bigger, better opportunity, you wish them well, full stop.

Gregory Sager

"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

kiko

AndOne

CARROLL RECUIT

6'5" 210 lb PF Dylan Ingebrightsen of Elk Grove HS, will join his brother Tyler, the starting center, at Carroll.

Titan Q

Chicagoland PrepHoop
@chilandprephoop
2018 PF Michael Callentine has committed to Carthage @TEAMRWA16 @Blak_Adonis

* Michael Callentine, 6-8 F/C (Crossroads Christian HS) - 4.1 ppg, 4.3 rpg

AndOne

Had the pleasure of attending the North Central Basketball Award Banquet earlier this afternoon, at which the following 2017-2018 awards were announced and presented.

Letter winners

Alex Sorenson
Erwin Henry
Tommy Koth
Aiden Chang
Connor Raridon
Jack Bronec
Matt Cappelletti
Mike Pollack
Blaise Meredith

Defensive POY - Aiden Chang

Top Scholar Award - Tommy Koth

Co-MVPs - Alex Sorenson & Connor Raridon

This season the Cardinals enjoyed spending Thanksgiving in Hawaii while participating in a tournament.
Next season will be highlighted by a tip to Las Vegas where they will play in the Las Vegas Shootout between Christmas and New Years.

Pat Coleman

We believe North Central is at the D3hoops.com Classic. Not sure when the Las Vegas Shootout (?) is played but ours is between Christmas and New Year's. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 29, 2018, 11:14:47 PM
We believe North Central is at the D3hoops.com Classic. Not sure when the Las Vegas Shootout (?) is played but ours is between Christmas and New Year's. :)

Right. I'd say the chances that its truly the D3Hoops.com Classic are exceedingly high.
The tentative (and incomplete) schedule I saw today listed it as Las Vegas Shootout on 12/28-29. However, this was probably just a mistaken identifier with the emphasis being to communicate the Vegas destination rather than correctly identifying the name of the tournament. ;)

Pat Coleman

My last check-in with Sport Tours International was six weeks ago and North Central was a verbal agreement at that point but the contract had not been signed. (And since North Central was in the first weekend and Riordan was the site rep at Platteville in the second weekend, that was understandable.)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

AndOne

AUGIE RECRUIT

Jacob Schwerbrock, a 6'8" 225 lb PF from Class 1A Wethersfield HS in Kewanee, IL has committed to Augie. He averaged about 13 PPG, and scored over 1,000 points in his HS career.

If all of Augie's eligible players return, he will be at least the eighth (pending any possible  further additions) roster member standing 6'7" or taller.  ::)

tomt4525

Lincoln-Way East 2018 G Joey Buggemi has committed to North Central.

AndOne

Quote from: tomt4525 on April 30, 2018, 09:03:27 PM
Lincoln-Way East 2018 G Joey Buggemi has committed to North Central.

Joey is a 6'4" wing. Among others, he had drawn interest and been contacted by Carthage, Illinois Wesleyan, Loras, Dubuque, UW-Platteville, Monmouth, Carroll, Kalamazoo, Upper Iowa, Benedictine, and St. Francis. A nice get for the Cardinals.

Pistol Pete

Quote from: AndOne on April 29, 2018, 08:29:04 PM
Had the pleasure of attending the North Central Basketball Award Banquet

...This season the Cardinals enjoyed spending Thanksgiving in Hawaii while participating in a tournament.
Next season will be highlighted by a tip to Las Vegas where they will play in the Las Vegas Shootout between Christmas and New Years.

I'd put my money on Christmas, though New Years has its backers too.

iwu70