2016 West Regional

Started by Jack Parkman, December 08, 2015, 12:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Parkman

Saw the West Regional will be played in Spokane at Avista Stadium, hosted by Whitworth.

1. Nice to see it in a new location.
2. I'm not a fan of it being played in minor league parks but with so few West teams having lights I guess it's a good thing.
3. The NCAA will really open the wallet for flights as I would think a minimum of 4 flights would be necessary (assuming the NWC gets 2 teams in)

Westside

This is pretty cool. It seems like it has just been alternating between Texas and McMinnville lately, so a nice change.

The positive of it being in a minor league park, means it should be very well taken care of. And there should be no weather factors at that time of the year in eastern Washington. If I recall from my times seeing games there, it is only like 295 feet down the RF line; so that will be fun too!

I am ready for the season to begin!
NWC Baseball

Ralph Turner

The elevation of Spokane is 1,844' above sea level. That is 130' higher than Abilene.  We might see some distance on some fly balls. What are the dimensions of the field?

335 ft in left
398 ft in center
335 ft in right.

Grass surface

Westside

Quote from: Ralph Turner on December 08, 2015, 01:12:18 PM
The elevation of Spokane is 1,844' above sea level. That is 130' higher than Abilene.  We might see some distance on some fly balls. What are the dimensions of the field?

335 ft in left
398 ft in center
335 ft in right.

Grass surface

The field is actually 296 to right, down the line, but it juts out pretty quick.

NWC Baseball

Purple Heys

You can't leave me....all the plants will die.

Ralph Turner

Thanks.  That is a short porch!

smokeminside

And the bullpens are reach out and touch close at Avista.