Final!

Aurora 16     Greenvillle- 0

lineman79

Final from Eureka:

CUC 21  Eureka 28

GO Red Devils!

flathead52

madfrog

Lakeland won 21-7 defense did not let up any TD only TD for Benedictine was on a interception.   

Gomer Pyle

The Cougar has been de-clawed. The run for a championship is over.
         There is a certain irony in all this, as I see it anyway. Got the following information from D-3, Around The Nation, Ranking The Conferences-- part 2:
   (1)  Longest current losing streak(s): Eureka, 20 consecutive losses.
    Last win vs CU-C  32-13 Sept 24th, 2005.
   (2) Longest current conference losing streak: Eureka- 14 consecutive
    IBFC losses. Last win vs CU-C, 32-13  Sept 24th, 2005.
     The Red Devils not only got the monkey of their backs, they de-railed
    what most "Believers" thought would be a banner year for The Cougars.

catch22

So, will Mac get their first win of the year vs. Concordia, IL, Gomer what are your predictions for next week?

Mac vs. Concordia, IL  Mac wins 28-24, Cougars are down from losing to the Red Devils

Benedictine at Greenville - for two years they have played close ball games, BU gets the win in OT 21-14

Eureka at Lakeland - Eureka win streak stop here, Lakeland by 30.

Aurora vs. Concordia, WI 1st part of the championship series, which I think is a three team race, I pick Aurora early in summer, they always play better in the second half of their schedule no difference here, Aurora will be conference champs after they take care of Concordia, then Lakeland. Score Aurora 14 - Concordia 3

catch22

Just kidding about the Mac game

Concordia, IL gets back on track 33-14! ;)

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: catch22 on September 30, 2007, 09:06:26 AM
So, will Mac get their first win of the year vs. Concordia, IL, Gomer what are your predictions for next week?

Mac vs. Concordia, IL  Mac wins 28-24, Cougars are down from losing to the Red Devils

Benedictine at Greenville - for two years they have played close ball games, BU gets the win in OT 21-14

Eureka at Lakeland - Eureka win streak stop here, Lakeland by 30.

Aurora vs. Concordia, WI 1st part of the championship series, which I think is a three team race, I pick Aurora early in summer, they always play better in the second half of their schedule no difference here, Aurora will be conference champs after they take care of Concordia, then Lakeland. Score Aurora 14 - Concordia 3

Catch22:
       It`s a little early for my pick`s  but come friday I`ll have some.
          As to your Mac vs CU-C game.  The MacMurray freshmen (for the lack
         of a better term)  could, I say....could finally win a game but I think
          the Cougars will win this one.  Don`t know why, especially after they
     got  beat by a really bad Eureka team. That was up until yesterday that
        is. ;D
      Your assessment  of a three (3) team race for the championship is right
       on.   Lots of posters thought and rightly so, that Greenville and even
        CU-C would make this year different  but that didn`t last long.
      Greenville imploded and CU-C beat lousy teams and their run would
      have ended on Oct 13th anyway.  Even so, they deserve to be
      congratulated for the excitement they generated.
      As for "who" will win the championship and the RING, we`ll talk later I`m sure. :)

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: catch22 on September 30, 2007, 09:17:52 AM
Just kidding about the Mac game

Concordia, IL gets back on track 33-14! ;)

Just a follow up.  Mac is getting beat( through 4 games) by a an average score of
  .................................50+  points per game while "scoring" 2 points per game. 
    Anybody who ever played for MacMurray should be wondering what
    happened to this program? Which not to many years ago was ranked
    in the top 15 in the nation.  Won 2 IBFC championships (2001 & 2002.)
    Had (1) un-defeated season. 1st one in school history. Played in (2)
    NCAA play=off games.
    Lost one in the very last seconds of regulation play but a loss none the less.  What happened??   ???

old 40

Congrats to the Eureka Red Devils. You proved my predictions wrong. Sounds like your running game is coming around.

I was a bit  shocked at the GC/AU score. I thought GC would give AU some fits with there defense. AU shut down there QB which was a big key. Good job by the Spartans.

The big question for GC, can they recover from and 0-2 start in the IBFC or will they pack it in? IMO they are still a dangerous team.

The champs(CUW) are rolling and will be very difficult to handle.

The last topic for discussion, can the CUC Cougars run the table? Will the CUC defense be able to stop any of the big 3-4 in the IBFC?

Good Luck to everyone's team this week.

FatalImpact

Based of all of the scores from this week, it is obvious that this conference is a two horse race this season......IMO
Aurora Football 24/7 365

Gomer Pyle

Quote from: old 40 on September 30, 2007, 08:08:04 PM
Congrats to the Eureka Red Devils. You proved my predictions wrong. Sounds like your running game is coming around.

I was a bit  shocked at the GC/AU score. I thought GC would give AU some fits with there defense. AU shut down there QB which was a big key. Good job by the Spartans.

The big question for GC, can they recover from and 0-2 start in the IBFC or will they pack it in? IMO they are still a dangerous team.

The champs(CUW) are rolling and will be very difficult to handle.

The last topic for discussion, can the CUC Cougars run the table? Will the CUC defense be able to stop any of the big 3-4 in the IBFC?

Good Luck to everyone's team this week.
Old 40:
      Just a question on something you said.  Next to last paragraph.
       You said in part,"..............can the CU-C Cougars run the table?"
     I`m not sure in what context you ment that but with a 2-3 over-all record  and 1-1 in conference play....... running the table is not going to
   happen. 
    If you ment by winning the rest of their games they will have "run the table", that`s a different story.  To that I say, not going to happen either.
    To most, I believe, the phrase "running the table"  relates  to going
     undefeated.
    If you would have said," win the rest of their games"  your comment
    would not have been as ambiguous. IMO.
    Not trying to start anything just looking for clarification.  :)

PIROLLO9

Hello and Greetings to all of the IBFC posters............

I was in Jacksonville over the weekend for a wedding and I happened to catch the MacMurray game against CUW!! Let me say this.............WOW, I was embarrassed on how BAD they really were.....People..Put it this way, A HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL TEAM can beat these boys..............Now, I will say that number 27 Antwain Jones is a BEAST and the LineBacker...Dimitric Hightower and number 91 Ricky Hamilton are good....but these "Freshman" are not good or they need time to mesh or something!!!!!! WHAT I SAW WAS EMBARRASSING....myself as well as Peter Ereg were SHOCKED!!!!!!!! Mac will go 0-10 this season FOR SURE  :'(....and THAT IS A PROMISE...........they are no where near any of the teams I was on......Coaching is terrible too................The worst coaching I had EVERY SEEN......They do however have 2 decent QB's but if I were them....Strongly consider transfering!!!  :-\

Other than that, I hope all is well everywhere else and let me say this....FLORIDA IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!!! SUNSHINE AS WELL AS GORGEOUS PEOPLE ALL OVER THE PLACE!!  8)

HAVE A GOOD ONE PEOPLE.........and GOMER...........Your my man, keep it up your opinon is valued greatly on this page!!!!!!!!!! :-*

old 40

FatalImpact;

What two horses, do you think, are in this race? I would think it's a 3 horse race, AU, CUW and Lakeland.

Gomer;

You are right. I should of said winning the rest of their games. That was meant for the "believers", I hope they don't jump of their horse even if they will not win the championship. Thanks for keeping me in line.