FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crufootball

Quote from: Ralph Turner on September 01, 2014, 03:05:40 PM
ASC Pick'em contest is up.

Please remember that ETBU opens at TAMU-Commerce on Thursday night.

Awesome Ralph, anyone know why they are playing on THursday?

Kelly Boggs

It's Tuesday but Saturday's coming! Below is a link to a video celebrating the first game in The CRUthedral designed to whet the appetite of the UMHB faithful as we anticipate the season opener with Millsaps at Jackson, Mississippi. LET'S GO CRU -- LEAVE NO DOUBT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOROVeZHzmU

Up with the Purple!
UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

umhb2001

Quote from: Kelly Boggs on September 02, 2014, 04:38:01 PM
It's Tuesday but Saturday's coming! Below is a link to a video celebrating the first game in The CRUthedral designed to whet the appetite of the UMHB faithful as we anticipate the season opener with Millsaps at Jackson, Mississippi. LET'S GO CRU -- LEAVE NO DOUBT!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOROVeZHzmU

Up with the Purple!

The Coach Fred show today pointed out that Eric Nelson and Baylor Mullins may do some of the punting. A Texas Tech transfer takes on the kick offs and FG duties, and Coach Fred says he may be the purest kicker we've had with the best leg.

He mentioned Blake Jackson, the transfer QB that will backup Anderson. Good arm and very athletic.

I asked him also about Eric Nelson and his receiving duties. He said that they do look to get him the ball, and I hope that is true. He's a stud.

The Milsaps RB and their DE's were much of the talk. Should be a good fight.
Watch out for the wreckingCRU defense!!

Kelly Boggs

Thanks for the info, 2001!

It's Wednesday but Saturday's coming. Below is the UMHB version of "The Boys of Fall."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7THX0pkONQs

Up with the Purple!

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Kelly Boggs

It's Thursday but Saturday's coming! Below is a link to brief highlights from last season's game between UMHB and Trinity, one of two common opponents The CRU and Millsaps had last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwxelrU5gjc

Up with the Purple!

Ron Boerger

Today's display of sportsmanship:

Texas A&M Commerce 98 (D2), ETBU 20

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ron Boerger on September 04, 2014, 11:40:03 PM
Today's display of sportsmanship:

Texas A&M Commerce 98 (D2), ETBU 20
:o EEESH!  :o
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

couchcru11

It seems that after this year, we will lose the Auto bid to the playoffs until 2018ish. Is that right Pat? I was trying to catch up with all the posts, but I may have missed a few.

In other news, The CRU looked pretty good the few times I've seen em. There definitely will be some fun at QB between Zach and the transfer. I've heard a RG3/ Luck comparison between the two. 1 MORE DAY! I just hope the stream from that school in Mississippi is great because I'm havin withdrawals
"A Crusader NEVER walks alone!"

Toby Taff

So i'm watching the ABC show the Quest which has Rashon Lewis, McM QB ca.2007, as one of the stars, Shondo Blaze. Congrats to a former ASC QB on chasing his dream.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

Toby Taff

Quote from: couchcru11 on September 05, 2014, 12:07:49 AM
It seems that after this year, we will lose the Auto bid to the playoffs until 2018ish. Is that right Pat? I was trying to catch up with all the posts, but I may have missed a few.

In other news, The CRU looked pretty good the few times I've seen em. There definitely will be some fun at QB between Zach and the transfer. I've heard a RG3/ Luck comparison between the two. 1 MORE DAY! I just hope the stream from that school in Mississippi is great because I'm havin withdrawals
i keep trying to justify the drive time and expense of making the trip to Jackson...anyone near Abilene want to share the cost of fuel?  ;D

Ralph Turner

Quote from: Toby Taff on September 05, 2014, 12:27:13 AM
So i'm watching the ABC show the Quest which has Rashon Lewis, McM QB ca.2007, as one of the stars, Shondo Blaze. Congrats to a former ASC QB on chasing his dream.
The stage names in the entertainment industry are amusing.

Pat Coleman

The ASC should have an automatic bid in 2015 as well but after that, it should indeed lose the AQ until Belhaven/McMurry becomes eligible.

In the interim, too, if Tyler or another school already in the league added football, the ASC would get the automatic bid back when that team takes the field.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

crufootball

Quote from: Pat Coleman on September 05, 2014, 01:07:21 AM

The ASC should have an automatic bid in 2015 as well but after that, it should indeed lose the AQ until Belhaven/McMurry becomes eligible.

In the interim, too, if Tyler or another school already in the league added football, the ASC would get the automatic bid back when that team takes the field.

Have you heard anything lately about UT-Tyler Pat, I know there was some talk a while back but haven't hear anything lately on them. Would be very interesting to see what would happen if they started up a program and put some effort behind it.

Pat Coleman

Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Josh Bowerman

"Without struggle, there is no progress."--Frederick Douglass