WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 06, 2017, 11:04:40 PM
Feel free to contact the sports information staff at CNU if you have questions. Their contact information is on their website. I am sure they have better answers than I can provide you. They are working their asses off right now with two teams in the Sectionals plus spring sports at full throat, but I bet they find time to explain it.

So - is d3hoops correct when they stated that this is the 6th consecutive Sweet 16 for the Lady Captains? I think I understand the CNU wording.

mailsy

Quote from: CNU85 on March 07, 2017, 09:46:52 AM
Feel free to contact the sports information staff at CNU if you have questions. Their contact information is on their website. I am sure they have better answers than I can provide you. They are working their asses off right now with two teams in the Sectionals plus spring sports at full throat, but I bet they find time to explain it.

So - is d3hoops correct when they stated that this is the 6th consecutive Sweet 16 for the Lady Captains? I think I understand the CNU wording.

CNU85,

If you check D3hoops past schedules it looks that since the 2009-10 season this will be there 6th time to the sweet 16. They did it in 09-10, 10-11, 12-13, 13-14, 15-16 and this year. Over the last 8 years the Lady Captains seem to get there 2 years in a row and then skip a year.  It looks like in the other 2 years (11-12 and 14-15) they lost in the conference tournaments. That's a pretty good run!  :)
Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.

CNU85

Quote from: mailsy on March 07, 2017, 01:24:06 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on March 07, 2017, 09:46:52 AM

CNU85,

If you check D3hoops past schedules it looks that since the 2009-10 season this will be there 6th time to the sweet 16. They did it in 09-10, 10-11, 12-13, 13-14, 15-16 and this year. Over the last 8 years the Lady Captains seem to get there 2 years in a row and then skip a year.  It looks like in the other 2 years (11-12 and 14-15) they lost in the conference tournaments. That's a pretty good run!  :)

Indeed. I think what I am reading is that the last 6 times they made it to the tournament, they went to the Sweet 16. I misread it as they made it to the Sweet 16 the past 6 consecutive YEARS....not past 6 APPEARANCES.

It's all good. They have a fantastic team again this year. Only one player has more than 25 min/g.  Only one player averages more than 10 ppg. And they average 74 per game. Total team effort.

Swish3

bbald eagle

Marymount's out, but CNU's in the elite 8 and playing tonight to reach the final four. Best of luck to the Captains.

CNU85

Quote from: bbald eagle on March 11, 2017, 05:01:07 PM
Marymount's out, but CNU's in the elite 8 and playing tonight to reach the final four. Best of luck to the Captains.

Thanks for the wish of luck...it worked! Heading to the final 4.

Ryan Scott (Hoops Fan)

Quote from: CNU85 on March 11, 2017, 10:05:21 PM
Quote from: bbald eagle on March 11, 2017, 05:01:07 PM

Thanks for the wish of luck...it worked! Heading to the final 4.

Good luck.  Whoever dictates pace will probably have this one.  No one's been able to speed Amherst up all year.
Lead Columnist for D3hoops.com
@ryanalanscott just about anywhere

bbald eagle

& Best of Luck to the Captains at the Final Four! Have a great time & do great there.

CNU85

Interesting Final 4

Amherst 31-0
St Thomas 31-0
Tufts 29-2 (only 2 losses to Amherst.....by 1 point and 4 points)
CNU - 29-2 - only losses were in first week of February to Marymount and Mary Washington - both selected to NCAA tournament. Mary Washington lost to Amherst in second round by 9. Marymount lost to St Thomas in Sweet 16 by 7.

bbald eagle

Quote from: CNU85 on March 13, 2017, 09:52:08 AM
Interesting Final 4

Amherst 31-0
St Thomas 31-0
Tufts 29-2 (only 2 losses to Amherst.....by 1 point and 4 points)
CNU - 29-2 - only losses were in first week of February to Marymount and Mary Washington - both selected to NCAA tournament. Mary Washington lost to Amherst in second round by 9. Marymount lost to St Thomas in Sweet 16 by 7.

Nice post, CNU85. Makes it seem like a small world.

Swish3

Good luck to the Lady Captains tonight and, hopefully, tomorrow night...amazing run so far!

CNU85

Excellent year by the Captains. And it's only going to get better. Essentially everyone returns including the starting line up and all the key reserves. Due to injuries etc, CNU loses to graduation a total of 51 minutes and 8 points for the season.

ronk

I was especially impressed with CNU's defensive effort against Amherst; only the national champs were able to withstand their aggressive traps; a definite upgrade from their NCAA loss last season and bodes well for next year.

mailsy

Cabrini Cavaliers 2012 National Runner-Up.
First official poster on the Atlantic East forum board.