FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluenote

Thinking about our great friend and associate Mack...... Prayer and thoughts of good will goes out to you and your family......

Bluenote......

Bearcat Press

Quote from: Ralph Turner on February 15, 2014, 05:25:41 PM
http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2014/02/14/800-pound-runaway-snowball-slams-into-college-dorm-knocks-in-wall/

We know one thing for sure.  There were no Reed College football players responsible for the damage.   ;)   ;D

That might not always have been the case: Willamette has a perfect 1-0 record against Reed, posting a 21-12 win in 1919.  WU went 4-1 that year under head coach R.L. "Matty" Matthews (who later went on to coach at Lewis & Clark as well), posting wins over Chemawa Indian School, Pacific, Reed, and Puget Sound.  The Bearcats' lone blemish that year was a 24-12 loss to the Multnomah Athletic Club.
"It's a slippery slope from the penthouse to the outhouse." - Mark Speckman

D O.C.

QuoteThe Bearcats' lone blemish that year was a 24-12 loss to the Multnomah Athletic Club.
...which probably had a dozen LINFIELD players on it.

wildcat11

Catdomealumni's Instagram: Hit or be hit. (Willamette Pre-Game)

bluenote

I was wondering if any NWC players tried out for the Portland Thunder?

wildcat11

ADvantage 'Catdome: 2013 - A Season To Remember

Cory Edmonds with his final submission to ADvantage 'Catdome.  I can't thank Cory enough for his contribution this past year.  He offered up a much needed fresh breath of air on the blog and he'll be missed greatly moving forward.  Thank you, Cory!

olddog

I see Puget Sound is looking for a new DC, linebacker, D line and O line coach. Coach Thomas was told he could would be able to get athletes in the school, that has not happen. I always thought he did a good job at UR. Something has to give soon.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

wildcat11

Quote from: olddog on March 05, 2014, 05:32:11 PM
I see Puget Sound is looking for a new DC, linebacker, D line and O line coach. Coach Thomas was told he could would be able to get athletes in the school, that has not happen. I always thought he did a good job at UR. Something has to give soon.

Thomas Ford (A hell of a back for the 'Cats) was the DC and took the head HC job at Stadium HS.  I'm assuming he took Dan Lever with him (the Oline Coach).  Those are brutal losses.

d-train

Quote from: Bluenote on February 26, 2014, 11:07:43 PM
I was wondering if any NWC players tried out for the Portland Thunder?

There was an interesting write-up of the Thunder, focused mostly on owner Terry Emmert.  Apparently the team's general manager is...Meadow Lemon.
http://www.wweek.com/portland/article-22079-touchdown_terry.html

Quote from: olddog on March 05, 2014, 05:32:11 PM

Uphill battle at UPS for sure.  Losing good assistant coaches doesn't help.

D O.C.

olddog

Dan Lever is the new o line coach and run game coordinator at Santa Barbara CC.
California, Where no cares who is in charge and zero accountability

wildcat11

Catdomealumni.com = GoPro: 2013 Linfield College Football

A quick highlight of using nothing but GoPro footage from the 'Cats 2013 season.