BB: NWC: Northwest Conference

Started by Tezbaseball, December 30, 2005, 06:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Parkman

Is there any concern for the way Whitworth has played in the past few weeks after having such a hot start?

Westside

Okay okay, I'll give myself a pat on the back for guessing the all-NWC 100% (other than putting Zimmer at utility to have Lawson at 3B). I imagine that's more of a seniority thing since Lawson is a senior and Zimmer a sophomore. Anyway, congrats to Olis and Wells. It wouldn't surprise me if Olis is a first team all American. His numbers are silly.

http://nwcsports.com/sports/bsb/2015-16/releases/All-NWC-BASE16
NWC Baseball

Just_Some_Guy

Quote from: Westside on April 26, 2016, 06:35:00 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if Olis is a first team all American. His numbers are silly.

For reference:

Player               avg    gp-gs     ab      r     h    2b    3b    hr    rbi    tb    slg%    bb    hbp    so    gdp    ob%    sf    sh    sb-att    po    a    e    fld%
Olis, Walker     .435    39-39    147    56    64    12    1    11    45    111    .755    43    1    21    1    .565    0    0    27-28    97    6    1    .990

Yes, yes indeed.

Westside

Happy 2017!

Super bummed that the NWC Preseason tournament was cancelled this weekend due to weather... but the season still starts today!

Pacific @ George Fox (on their new field!).

Should be another great season...

I got the conference coming down to Whitworth and Linfield, as I think they have the best guys on the mound.
NWC Baseball

108 Stitches

What about PLU? They were in the regional and if I recall they get most of their kids back.

Westside

They return a lot of their offense, but their pitching is a huge question mark. They lost 3 of their 4 starters from last year, and pretty much their only go-to reliever (Brown, who had 29 appearances)... and their pitching staff wasn't that good last year with those guys. So I guess if they find some people to give them solid innings, they will have a great shot. I just don't know enough about their staff to assume.
NWC Baseball

wildcat11

Whatagame

Keep an eye on Willamette, also.  They start today in So Cal.

Jack Parkman

Not a very good start for George Fox....sucks to see a program that was one of the top in the West fall so far down.

Wildcat17

Definitely has been a tough weekend for George Fox in Arizona.  Hopefully they can get the season turned around.

Linfield got off to a good start today in the late game, holding on for a tight 2-1 win over Cal Lu.  Both sides played pretty well considering it was their first game of the season, though there were definitely a few rough edges to work out.  Cason Cunningham pitched 5 1/3 scoreless, and Matt Strang came in to finish it.  Cal Lu mounted a challenge in the 9th but Strang induced a flyball to center to end it with runners on second and third.  If the rest of Linfield's pitching matches up to this effort, and the offense starts clicking a bit better, this could be a return to good things for the program.

Bishopleftiesdad

Bearcat Press

"It's a slippery slope from the penthouse to the outhouse." - Mark Speckman

NWBaseballFan10

Disappointing opening weekend in conference play for the Cats. :-[ Tough to see the bullpen lose it following Cunningham's gem for the first 6 innings in Game 2.

The pitching staff has struggled mightily with command early on here in 2016 (very unusual for a Carnahan pitching staff). Through 7 games, the staff is allowing 5.57 BB/Games, which is a big increase from previous years (3.17 BB/Game in 2016, 2.91 BB/Game in 2015, 2.56 BB/Game in 2014, and 2.34 BB/Game in 2013). Command has been a hallmark of Carney's pitching staffs over the years so I expect this issue to be resolved, but hopefully we see an improvement soon before the Cats give away more conference games.

Quote from: Bishopleftiesdad on February 19, 2017, 12:48:45 AM
Quote from: wildcat11 on February 19, 2017, 12:04:04 AM
Ugh....
Sorry to hear it.

wildcat11

Quote from: Bearcat Press on February 20, 2017, 12:14:10 PM
Quote from: wildcat11 on February 19, 2017, 12:04:04 AM
Ugh....

;D

Bearcat Press...back from the dead.  Good to see you're still kicking around, congrats on the series win.