Empire 8

Started by boobyhasgameyo, March 12, 2005, 12:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: sjfcards on August 29, 2012, 09:44:45 AM
The Fisher football team has a transfer student playing this year, who seems to be a transfer from the Medaille basketball team. Not sure if he is planning on playing basketball at Fisher or not. Anyone know anything about a David Shuey from Medaille?

Started every game for a 25-3 team.  Looks like he'd be a solid addition if he is playing basketball
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

Bengalsrule

Any predicitions as to whom might be the E8 favorite this season? I've heard a couple of rumblings (since Buff Sate football is now a E8 participant). Thought I'd check with those who know!!

Bombers798891

Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 23, 2012, 12:20:59 PM
Any predicitions as to whom might be the E8 favorite this season? I've heard a couple of rumblings (since Buff Sate football is now a E8 participant). Thought I'd check with those who know!!

Bombers. Dead serious. Ithaca returns four major pieces...two leading scorers (Mitchell and Oztemel), best PG in the conference (Rossi), and Tom Sweeney, who had 19+ points four times in the last eight games of 2012. Also have a senior transfer, Travis Warech, from D-II who averages 12.6 PPG. Eli Marivich, who was a solid depth guy in 2010, also returns after two years off. Ithaca underachieved last season, but peaked late in the season, and bring back as good a core as most teams have.

Calling it now. Ithaca wins 20, takes both the regular season title and conference tournament, and one game in the NCAAs.

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Bombers798891 on October 29, 2012, 10:35:22 PM
Quote from: Bengalsrule on October 23, 2012, 12:20:59 PM

Bombers. Dead serious. Ithaca returns four major pieces...two leading scorers (Mitchell and Oztemel), best PG in the conference (Rossi), and Tom Sweeney, who had 19+ points four times in the last eight games of 2012. Also have a senior transfer, Travis Warech, from D-II who averages 12.6 PPG. Eli Marivich, who was a solid depth guy in 2010, also returns after two years off. Ithaca underachieved last season, but peaked late in the season, and bring back as good a core as most teams have.

Calling it now. Ithaca wins 20, takes both the regular season title and conference tournament, and one game in the NCAAs.

Bombers tell ME how you really feel!!!! Now thats what I call a PREDICTION!!!!! ;)

sjfcards

Is anyone going to the Fisher scrimmage today against York University? I haven't spent as much time as I typically do on the Fisher team this year, so I really have no idea what they have coming in. I know they had a starter from Medaille transfer in, who is playing on the football team, but other than that I have no idea.

Last year was a tough one for Fisher basketball. Here is hoping they have a rebound this year.
GO FISHER!!!

magicman

D3hoops preseason All America team has been released and Hartwick's Jared Suderly has been named to the 1st team. Ithaca's Sean Rossi has been named to the honorable mention list. Only other player from the East region is Rochester's John DiBartolomeo, who received a 2nd team nod. Here's a link to the complete list:   http://d3hoops.com/awards/all-americans/men/preseason-2013

dcahill44

Ready for the Start of the Division 3 Hoops season! my Preseason top 10 is
1.Ithaca Bombers
2.Hobart Statesman
3.Hartwick Hawks
4.Oswego State Lakers
5.Nazerath Golden Flyers
6.Rochester Yellow Jackets
7.Medaille Mavericks
8.New York Violets
9.Union Dutchmen
10.Cortland Red Dragons

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Welcome to the boards, dcahill44!!! Enjoy the season!
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

sjfcards

Quote from: dcahill44 on November 13, 2012, 09:16:19 PM
Ready for the Start of the Division 3 Hoops season! my Preseason top 10 is
1.Ithaca Bombers
2.Hobart Statesman
3.Hartwick Hawks
4.Oswego State Lakers
5.Nazerath Golden Flyers
6.Rochester Yellow Jackets
7.Medaille Mavericks
8.New York Violets
9.Union Dutchmen
10.Cortland Red Dragons

I wouldn't sleep too much on Fisher either. They have a good group coming in, and return several starters. Fisher was beat up most of last year, with the injury to Norsen (14.6 points, 9.1 boards in an injury filled year) a really tough blow. The addition of freshman PG Chaz Lott out of CBA Albany should solidify that position after losing Jordan Gettings from last year (http://www.maxpreps.com/athletes/JheUCLR280y8e4Fcw10j8A/basketball-winter-10-11/profile-chaz-lott.htm)

Plata is a senior this year (10.2 PPG), with Grant Wrap back from injury as well. Optimymistik Kinard is athletic and has a year in the weight room behind him. Fisher will probably go 6-6, 6-6, 6-6 across the back line, so they have some size and can bring Pete Notaro at 6-7 as well.

Obviously I am a big time homer but I am anxious to see how Fisher rebounds from a really poor season last year.
GO FISHER!!!

dcahill44

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on November 13, 2012, 11:02:12 PM
Welcome to the boards, dcahill44!!! Enjoy the season!
I will Dave ill be watchiing your shows week after week stay in touch

dcahill44

My Preseason Empire 8 standings are
1.Ithaca return 4 out 5 starters
2.Hartwick Jared Sudderly All american and other role players
3.Nazerath Tyshun Stephens and Brad Ford are all league players and 2 freshman who will play right away.
4.St John Fisher returns Jason Norsen Arguably The Best Big Guy in the Empire 8
5.Stevens Tech Return Sheldon Jones an All League player
6.Utica return Last years rookie of the year in the Region Aaron Nevins
7.Alfred
8. Houghton
9. Elmira
Can someone give me any Information On Houghton Mens Basketball Team

Ethelred the Unready

Quote from: dcahill44 on November 14, 2012, 06:50:01 PM
3.Nazerath Tyshun Stephens and Brad Ford are all league players and 2 freshman who will play right away.
7.Alfred
8. Houghton
9. Elmira

First year in DIII, coming from NAIA.  Not a lot of success in NAIA at least the last couple of years.  Roster has good size.  Not sure many around here have had the chance to see them play
"Your mind is on vacation but your mouth is working overtime" - Mose Allison

fisheralum91

I reach out to my Fisher friends- Why s David Shuey not listed on the BBall roster.
He was a solid player and figured that when he transeferred he would play for Rob no doubt.
Thoughts?
I know that the fb season is still going on - but he isnt even listed.
6-5 225, you dont ignore big men...

Bengalsrule

Quote from: Ethelred the Unready on November 15, 2012, 08:36:41 AM
Quote from: dcahill44 on November 14, 2012, 06:50:01 PM
7.Alfred
8. Houghton
9. Elmira

First year in DIII, coming from NAIA.  Not a lot of success in NAIA at least the last couple of years.  Roster has good size.  Not sure many around here have had the chance to see them play

I saw them play last year (vs Buff State at Houghton - a BENGALS win). A big and very athletic team that, I felt, underperformed. Especially since they were able to offer some $$ scholarships. They had kids from all over the country. Not sure if thats the case (that they can offer $$) this year!

Also..FWIW...I saw St John Fisher in a scrimmage this year vs. Buffalo State. I believe that they will surprise some people and do better than most have predicted!!! ;)

thebear

As I understand it the scholarship players keep their $ through their career.  One of the reasons Joining the NCAA is a four year process to make sure that any scholarship players are out of the system before a team is eligible for championships.
"Just the Facts, Ma'am, Just the Facts"
- Sgt. Joe Friday