FB: Commonwealth Coast Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:57:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NED3Guy

The coach at Becker stepped down (along with most of his staff) after leading Becker to the best record in program history, a third place finish in the ECFC and receiving the ECFC coach of the year award.

With the UNE talk relatively quite, could this move and the UNE job be connected??? Time will tell I suppose.

ccd494

Quote from: NED3Guy on February 02, 2016, 09:14:58 AM
The coach at Becker stepped down (along with most of his staff) after leading Becker to the best record in program history, a third place finish in the ECFC and receiving the ECFC coach of the year award.

With the UNE talk relatively quite, could this move and the UNE job be connected??? Time will tell I suppose.

Yes.  http://bangordailynews.com/2016/02/04/sports/first-university-of-new-england-head-football-coach-cannot-wait-to-get-started/?ref=SportsBox

Jonny Utah

Quote from: ccd494 on February 04, 2016, 04:03:45 PM

Yes.  http://bangordailynews.com/2016/02/04/sports/first-university-of-new-england-head-football-coach-cannot-wait-to-get-started/?ref=SportsBox

Kind of an odd move football wise.  He must want to live in NH or is getting paid more.

d3fan142511

Start of a nice little Rivalry with Becker set to join this conference as well. Players who played for him that were Soph and Freshmen this year will still be there. Pretty Sure his QB was a Soph and was the best in the Conference.

ccd494

Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on February 05, 2016, 09:30:57 AM

Kind of an odd move football wise.  He must want to live in NH or is getting paid more.

UNE is not going to do this halfway.  They have a former D-I athletic director who really built up Quinnipiac's programs, they are expanding all over the place academically.  Plus, tough to beat the location.  Football on the beach.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: ccd494 on February 05, 2016, 11:59:58 AM
Quote from: Jonny "Utes" Utah on February 05, 2016, 09:30:57 AM

UNE is not going to do this halfway.  They have a former D-I athletic director who really built up Quinnipiac's programs, they are expanding all over the place academically.  Plus, tough to beat the location.  Football on the beach.

I still find it strange.  This coach has d1 experience and is choosing to go to another new program to build it up?  Just not too logical for me in terms of a football coaching move, so I wondered if there were other personal reasons.  (Although I agree that Biddeford is probably a much nicer place than Central, MA)

ITH radio

https://noontimesports.com/

Matt Noonan previews the NEFC and other NE D3FB conferences, including the NESCAC in this blog post.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

fulbakdad

Endicott got a sleeper with QB recruit Brendan Johnson this year.  Been watching him the past couple years and think he'll do very well.

UfanBill

Hey, how about it NEFC...anybody got ANYTHING to say? Thoughts about WNE vs. Union? I think it will be a much closer game than last year. With a new coaching staff the U defense seems much improved and their offense, with fewer big play makers, has become more run orientated. I'm looking for Union to keep it close with a chance to win 4th quarter.
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

meadowdale

Has UNE started on there field or stadium yet?

nescac1

OK the NBN Williams preview is posted and while the site usually does a great job, this one isn't terribly useful.  The listed starting QB is not on the roster, the listed FB will be playing RT, and one of the listed starting CBs (Scott) is also no longer on the team, having devoted himself to hoops only in his senior year.  So, it seems that really, there is no great info on Williams heading into the season (the Berkshire Eagle "preview" was equally non-helpful).  I guess who plays major roles for the Ephs on Saturday will be anyone's guess, beyond what Coach Raymond disclosed in the team's season preview on the Sports Info site!

MASCACAlum

WNE should run away with the league championship salve close second

ccd494

Quote from: meadowdale on September 23, 2016, 04:22:05 PM
Has UNE started on there field or stadium yet?

No need.  Already have one.  http://athletics.une.edu/facilities/

May need to scroll right.  The Big Blue Turf.