FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on April 24, 2018, 11:08:08 AM
And in this 49ers blog:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/115399-49ers-expressing-interest-hobart-brandon-shed-per-report/

Buffalo Bills would be an interesting match.  Brandon doesn't get back to sunny Florida, but would have a pretty good following in Upstate NY. 

ITH radio

They do need WR help and at least he wouldn't have to move but 90 minutes down I-90
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Bombers798891

Random question I've asked on the E8 boards but am curious about the LL contingent reaction:

In a perfect world, where SIDs weren't already overwhelmed with work, would you prefer your school go back and add in NCAA playoff numbers to the season/career totals of players who played before the NCAA changed their record keeping?

I think about this a lot, because IC had, if we're being honest, a much more extensive playoff history before the change, and it's interesting to think about how things would look in their leaderboard if those stats were retroactively added in.

Pat Coleman

I'm on the record as saying that schools should include all of these games in their record books. Why should the NCAA dictate what a school lists as its school record?
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bartman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 24, 2018, 05:04:02 PM
I'm on the record as saying that schools should include all of these games in their record books. Why should the NCAA dictate what a school lists as its school record?
Agree with Pat
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

MUC57

I agree with Pat and Bartmen. Let's include all games. Mount Union would have some astronomical records because of all the playoffs they have been in. But then, it almost seems unfair to other teams with much fewer playoffs. I guess we'll talk about it. 🤔
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Pat Coleman

Quote from: MUC57 on April 25, 2018, 12:43:53 PM

I agree with Pat and Bartmen. Let's include all games. Mount Union would have some astronomical records because of all the playoffs they have been in. But then, it almost seems unfair to other teams with much fewer playoffs. I guess we'll talk about it. 🤔

It's your own school record, so there's no need for Mount Union to take Hobart's team records in mind when determining its own. I don't think a lot of people are sitting down with one school's record book to compare it to another.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Oline89

Seems simple enough, any game played in the uniform of your school, should be in that school's record book.  Cumulative NCAA records (ie most rushing yards, career) would have to be regular season only.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Pat Coleman on April 25, 2018, 12:48:10 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on April 25, 2018, 12:43:53 PM

It's your own school record, so there's no need for Mount Union to take Hobart's team records in mind when determining its own. I don't think a lot of people are sitting down with one school's record book to compare it to another.

Yea I think the numbers are what they are.  A four year starter from Mt. Union would have played 59 games compared to a Nescac 4 year starters 32 games.  Still impressive overall numbers if you add up the stats for your own schools "record book".  I mean, there are basically three categories, regular season, playoff, and combined.  The NCAA has to set their own uniform standard (which is understandable).

But I guess in regards to bombers question it probably does depend on the school.  I say go ahead and use whatever standard you want, as long as you note it.

MUC57

Pat, Oline79, et al

I guess I misunderstood. Of course, NCAA records would have to be regular season only. Remember Pat, I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things!

Jonny Utah

Right on!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Oline89

Biting my lip about recent post on NESCAC board, comparing NESCAC football to LL/E8....hope I can make it through the day

D3pc

Quote from: Oline79 on April 26, 2018, 02:23:20 PM
Biting my lip about recent post on NESCAC board, comparing NESCAC football to LL/E8....hope I can make it through the day

I put in my two cents - feel free to add on.

Bartman

So Brandon was invited to Vikings rookie mini camp. A long road to the NFL starts in a few days. Good luck and hopefully he will impress. Go Bart!
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

dlippiel

Quote from: Oline79 on April 26, 2018, 02:23:20 PM

Yeah oline, it's hard to not go balls out  on a post like that. However, dlip has found many of the posters to be quite cool over there and level headed. dlip does understand the pride that goes along with attending and/or having a child/relative attend a NESCAC school and compete in sports there. It really is a very prestigious conference. With that said that post was not at all based on any fact and really just a person throwing out his opinion, based mostly on pride (IDHO) and less on any facts. dlip tried to be civil and understand where the dude is coming from. dlip used to get fired up on here, and maybe still does once in a while but it's not worth it. He finds that there are many posters like bombers, Utah, and others who are so knowledgeable, fact based, and level headed that they tend to take care of those posts that seem well over the top. Hang in brother!