WBB: Coast-To-Coast Athletic Conference

Started by Clint Often, February 16, 2005, 03:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CNU85

Congrats to CNU lady Captains!!  A dominant 4th qt. Good luck in the NCAA......good luck to UMW as well!!!

bbald eagle

Congrats to CNU; wide margin of victory, too. Best of luck in the NCAAs

Swish3

The game was exactly what I, and everyone else, expected until CNU went on a nice run and got a comfortable lead...congrats to the women on a great season to date...will be interesting to see where they land in the tournament!

Good luck to UMW, bbald eagle...if the D3 folks are right, Marymount's in...any conference that can get three teams in is pretty tough!

GO LADY CAPS!

Swish3

CNU hosting a pod this weekend, surprisingly, which causes the men to go on the road...the women will play Staten Island on Friday.  UMW got a tough draw having to go to Amherst, but I think Marymount is in a winnable pod at Guilford.

GO LADY CAPS!  GO CAC!

bbald eagle

If they win the first game Mary Washington gets to play #1 Amherst unless it's upset in the first round. Tough seeding for UMW, but if they play their best, who knows? Congratulations to CNU on hosting the first 2 rounds; win them both! I agree with the Swish3 re: MMT. Good luck to all 3 CAC teams.

Swish3

bbald eagle

Whew. Went down to the wire. UMW beats Sage 62-57.

bbald eagle

Well, the CAC went 3 for 3 in the first round of the NCAAs. Congratulations to all 3 teams. Good luck today.

CNU85

Talk about being confused.  How many consecutive times have the Lady Captains been in the sweet 16?  D3hoops.com says 6. CNUsports.com has a story on the Lynchburg game where the opening paragraph says twice and six times.....that's a mess of a paragraph. I'm calling a double dribble on that one. And the local paper, the Daily Mess, says it's the fourth time in five years.

Reminds me of a Chicago song.....does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

I'm gonna go with d3hoops.com. Maybe I will do some research. Maybe

bbald eagle

Tough seeding for UMW, losing to number #1 Amherst,  but the CAC went 2 for 3 in the second round, sending 2 into the Sweet Sixteen. Congratulations and good luck to CNU and MMT.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: CNU85 on March 05, 2017, 06:47:16 AM
Talk about being confused.  How many consecutive times have the Lady Captains been in the sweet 16?  D3hoops.com says 6. CNUsports.com has a story on the Lynchburg game where the opening paragraph says twice and six times.....that's a mess of a paragraph. I'm calling a double dribble on that one. And the local paper, the Daily Mess, says it's the fourth time in five years.

Reminds me of a Chicago song.....does anybody really know what time it is? Does anybody really care?

CNU... the article clearly states second-straight time and seventh overall.

Behind a tireless defensive effort and another standout performance by junior Sam Porter, the seventh-ranked Christopher Newport women's basketball team danced into the NCAA Sweet 16 for the second straight year. A 69-51 win over Lynchburg College (23-7) powered the Captains to their sixth consecutive run at least as deep as the Sectional Round, and the seventh all-time appearance in the third round for the Captains.

I checked the research... they have been to six previous "Sweet 16s."
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Swish3

Looks like UMW played Amherst relatively tough...congrats to CNU and Marymount on making the Sweet 16!  Already a very solid showing for the CAC...two very tough opponents await Friday night!

GO LADY CAPS!

CNU85

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 05, 2017, 02:11:36 PM
Quote from: CNU85 on March 05, 2017, 06:47:16 AM

CNU... the article clearly states second-straight time and seventh overall.

Behind a tireless defensive effort and another standout performance by junior Sam Porter, the seventh-ranked Christopher Newport women's basketball team danced into the NCAA Sweet 16 for the second straight year. A 69-51 win over Lynchburg College (23-7) powered the Captains to their sixth consecutive run at least as deep as the Sectional Round, and the seventh all-time appearance in the third round for the Captains.

I checked the research... they have been to six previous "Sweet 16s."

Still seems confusing to me..... And coupled with the story on D3hoops...." It's CNU's sixth consecutive trip to the Sweet 16." That is slightly different than 6 previous. So they have been to 6 previous Sweet 16s plus this one....7...and this is the 6th year in a row? Then why would the story on CNU sports say it was only the second straight year?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Feel free to contact the sports information staff at CNU if you have questions. Their contact information is on their website. I am sure they have better answers than I can provide you. They are working their asses off right now with two teams in the Sectionals plus spring sports at full throat, but I bet they find time to explain it.
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

CNU85

Quote from: Dave 'd-mac' McHugh on March 06, 2017, 11:04:40 PM
Feel free to contact the sports information staff at CNU if you have questions. Their contact information is on their website. I am sure they have better answers than I can provide you. They are working their asses off right now with two teams in the Sectionals plus spring sports at full throat, but I bet they find time to explain it.

Hahaha....ok. I might do that!