2015 D3 Season: NATIONAL PERSPECTIVE

Started by D3soccerwatcher, February 08, 2015, 12:49:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulNewman

Redlands wins 2-1.

Dark Knight

Quote from: Mr.Right on November 07, 2015, 09:04:52 PM
Also,

Maybe a list of the 5 Hottest teams in the country right now, not the most talented sides but the sides who are playing really well going into the NCAA's.

I gotta say In no particular order:

Oneonta St
Haverford
RUC
Kenyon
Lycoming
Trinity TX

Does a 40-game undefeated streak / 20 game win streak and an average score of 4 to 0.1 in the last 10 games count as 'hot'?

Mr.Right

PaulNewman

Here's the actual game video from the last 90 secs OWU-Kenyon....really unbelievable when you think about all the different things that had to happen (and go wrong....and right) for both teams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmw8eudQV2A

Watching the other video last night and now this one I think Barnes for OWU actually made a smart play.  Glassman was in and had plenty of time...more than 5 secs as he broke deep in the box.  Now he might have missed wide or hit it over but he was in and he had enough time to finish the play.  Glassman made a nice play with a chest trap pass to himself and into the open channel.  Kenyon's Barnes was right there running parallel with him.

PaulNewman

Congrats to W&L.  Going through the ODAC unbeaten and then having to win 3 more games to get a bid is impressive.  Really glad they pulled through.

That Corkery kid for Haverford is unreal.  Two perfect free kicks 2 days in a row, and today with 20 secs left to give Haverford the Centennial title.

TennesseeJed

Quote from: NCAC New England on November 08, 2015, 03:04:24 PM
That Corkery kid for Haverford is unreal.  Two perfect free kicks 2 days in a row, and today with 20 secs left to give Haverford the Centennial title.

That really was a gorgeous free kick today to eliminate Dickinson 1-0 in the Centennial final with just seconds left.  I tuned in late, but the game looked very even for the last 15-20 mins and seemed that the 0-0 score through 89' was reflective of the game.  Noticed that Dickinson actually outshot the Fords at home, which was a little surprising.  Tough loss for Dickinson, but looked to be a well played game.

TennesseeJed

MIT just goes up 1-0 on Babson w/ 14' left in 2H.  Nice goal by Bingham

Update:  Babson ties it up 1-1 with 7:30' left on corner by Araujo to a header by Carlos into goal.

Update 2:  Less than a minute later--Babson goes up 2-1 w/ 6 left.

2-1 Babson Final

nw_ds

Ron Boerger

Trinity 1-0 Colorado College on a PK in the opening stanza.   

Medicated Pete

Haverford's game winning free kick against Dickinson :) https://instagram.com/p/91zaSNwWzE/

Well done son.. take a bow!

jknezek

That is an insanely well taken free kick.

PaulNewman

Quote from: jknezek on November 08, 2015, 06:14:10 PM

Not positive but I think he scored one yesterday from around the same distance with his left foot.  Takes in-swinging corners that he almost puts from each side with both feet.

Christan Shirk

FWIW, we have Part II of our Men's at-large berth analysis and predictions column up on D3soccer.com that includes the color-coded regional rankings table with updated records/win pct., strength of schedules (approximated), and records versus ranked teams.

If you find any errors, please let me know.  We have tried to be 100% accurate, but it is a lot of data to deal with.

We hope and currently expect to have our predictions posted yet tonight.
Christan Shirk
Special Consultant and Advisor
D3soccer.com

NJrexSoccer03

Quote from: jknezek on November 08, 2015, 06:14:10 PM
I agree it's a great free kick but how disorganized was Dickinson. Even the keeper didn't seem ready.

lastguyoffthebench

Lastguys end of season top 25

1. Haverford
2. Brandeis
3. Oneonta St
4. Amherst
5. MSU
6. Calvin
7. Kenyon
8. Trinity
9. Loras
10. SLU