FB: Southern Athletic Association

Started by Ron Boerger, October 25, 2011, 02:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OriginalPanther, DriftlessDuhawk, Riley Zayas and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Hawks88

Quote from: jknezek on November 29, 2012, 09:36:06 AM
So they open with a D2 program, then BSC plays one of their 4 first year programs, then they play another first year D3 program, then two legit opponents, another first year program, and the rest is a D3 schedule. Color me impressed that a first year program managed to do so well. Only one real outlier, Westminster, and then some assistance from other first year programs.

To be honest, I think the schedule looks better than whatever the scheduler at BSC was trying to do playing 4 first year programs, 2 of them not even D3...
D2 program? Westminster is D3.

jknezek

Quote from: Hawks88 on November 29, 2012, 04:39:54 PM
Quote from: jknezek on November 29, 2012, 09:36:06 AM
So they open with a D2 program, then BSC plays one of their 4 first year programs, then they play another first year D3 program, then two legit opponents, another first year program, and the rest is a D3 schedule. Color me impressed that a first year program managed to do so well. Only one real outlier, Westminster, and then some assistance from other first year programs.

To be honest, I think the schedule looks better than whatever the scheduler at BSC was trying to do playing 4 first year programs, 2 of them not even D3...
D2 program? Westminster is D3.

Good catch Hawks88. Hendrix have a full D3 schedule. That's good work for a first year program. I was looking for Westminster on the D3 site under teams and didn't see them at the time, but they are clearly there now. Must be magic! I thought they were D3, but when I couldn't find them... Well, my wife would call it "man looking". She claims I do it a lot.
+k

Shoreman

BSC has Stetson on the schedule, are they a first year D1 FCS team?

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Shoreman on November 29, 2012, 04:54:39 PM
BSC has Stetson on the schedule, are they a first year D1 FCS team?

First-year D1-non scholarship (Pioneer League). 

historymajor

Why is EVERYBODY avoiding Trinity????  I seem to remember TU plays UMHB @ their new stadium next fall,,, can't wait!

jknezek

Quote from: historymajor on December 02, 2012, 09:07:49 AM
Why is EVERYBODY avoiding Trinity????  I seem to remember TU plays UMHB @ their new stadium next fall,,, can't wait!

You have to remember the SAA split itself off and purposely formed with the teams it included. That means they excluded Trinity for a reason (choose your reason, I have my thoughts...). It makes no sense to EXCLUDE them from your conference and then schedule them Out of Conference as a game. If you were intending to play them, you would have invited them to your party in the first place.

Ron Boerger

And it's a long, costly trip, the other reason they dropped the SCAC.   

Hendrix' game v. Southwestern is in Arkansas; it will be interesting to see if they return the favor in 2014. 

arktraveler

Thanks for the updates on Berry. Hendrix's stadium design has been out since Veterans Day, but a link wasn't posted here. As of today, the additional turf field looks nearly complete, and they've begun the foundation for the stands.

http://www.hendrixwarriors.com/news/2012/11/13/FB_1113124342.aspx?path=football

Ralph Turner

Quote from: arktraveler on December 15, 2012, 10:33:05 PM
Thanks for the updates on Berry. Hendrix's stadium design has been out since Veterans Day, but a link wasn't posted here. As of today, the additional turf field looks nearly complete, and they've begun the foundation for the stands.

http://www.hendrixwarriors.com/news/2012/11/13/FB_1113124342.aspx?path=football
Very nice!

Ron Boerger

It doesn't look like the Hendrix players will have to play in the headlights of their fans' cars, either.  :-)

(Hendrix President Cloyd initially said that there would be no need to build a stadium for Warrior football, that bleachers would be a blanket and lawn chairs, etc.  This looks like a very nice D3-appropriate facility.)

historymajor

Heard that Reid Heim was hired as DC...  The '00 Austin College linebacker has since had European football experience and US coaching that included 2 years at Baylor.  Congrats Reid!