FB: Northwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:18:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildcat11

Quote from: Andy Jamison - Walla Walla Wildcat on December 18, 2018, 05:22:01 PM
Cats need to come up big with some taller, faster WR's as well as 3-4 QBs.  We have zero QBs coming back next year aside from Smith which is a scary deal.  O line looks solid, D looks great, RB is great, kicking should be better...

Agreed on all counts, Andy. 

I'm expecting Keaton Wood to have a breakout Senior season.  I liked that Wood and Smith started to develop some chemistry in the back half of the season.

(509)Rat

Quote from: D O.C. on December 18, 2018, 08:36:14 PM
I see the national 2nd place finisher is 1-3 in '16 - '17 - '18.
This pattern has appeared 3 other times
I'd have thought the were so invincible there must be more 3 straight undefeated seasons. Only 1 I see. Then there's that 3 season drought of no bacon.
I never counted the teams in the north before. I may be off, but I counted 42. The West, 63.
Now, some sitting in Akron wonder why that matters.

I'm not sure what this means but man OxyD O.C. is fun  ;D

(509)Rat

Oh and the Oxy is short for the drug...not the school in SoCal. Just so there is no confusion.

d-train

Nope, you are not allowed to stockpile 4 QBs.

MUC57

To all my friends on this board

In Romanian we say "Craciun fericit". In English, Merry Christmas. Enjoy the season with family and friends and other loved ones. Eat, drink and be merry. Yeah, you will.

And to my friends Coco and Mrs. Coco - Mele Kalikimaka. Malama pono!   ;D
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

Foss

Quote from: (509)Rat on December 19, 2018, 03:53:38 PM
Quote from: D O.C. on December 18, 2018, 08:36:14 PM
I see the national 2nd place finisher is 1-3 in '16 - '17 - '18.
This pattern has appeared 3 other times
I'd have thought the were so invincible there must be more 3 straight undefeated seasons. Only 1 I see. Then there's that 3 season drought of no bacon.
I never counted the teams in the north before. I may be off, but I counted 42. The West, 63.
Now, some sitting in Akron wonder why that matters.

I'm not sure what this means but man OxyD O.C. is fun  ;D

Not positive but I think Opiate-DOC  :P is saying UMU has won 1 of the last 3 Staggs, and is also mentioning their season records as of late.

Anyway, this got me thinking of their dominance against everyone except UMHB and UW-W. After starting 4-0 against UW-W, they've went 2-6 (including 5 straight Stagg Bowl losses to them) for an overall H2H of 6-6. They're 2-3 against UMHB. 

9 of their 12 losses this millennium have been against these two schools, who they are a combined 8-9 against.

A packed student section behind an end zone cheering on guys they will actually see in class on Monday is almost as cool as The Streak.

D O.C.

bluenote

Linfield has 3 QB prospects 3 Star... it will be a battle!   :-X     8-)

George Thompson

Quote from: Bluenote on December 21, 2018, 11:33:19 PM
Linfield has 3 QB prospects 3 Star... it will be a battle!   :-X     8-)

Are they transfers?     What year?   Senior, junior, sophomore, freshman?     I doubt if any will become starter except for Smith.    His QB play improved as the year progressed.

And to everyone, Merry Christmas to you and your family.

George

GO CATS! GO!

bluenote

Looking forward to next season! Can't wait to attack the Pine Bowl! Our defense will know what to do and execute a plan from the seventh mountain.... And our O will devastate the gremlins from Mars.  :-X

MUC57

Quote from: Bluenote on December 26, 2018, 12:19:30 AM
Looking forward to next season! Can't wait to attack the Pine Bowl! Our defense will know what to do and execute a plan from the seventh mountain.... And our O will devastate the gremlins from Mars.  :-X

Blue

Seriously, who are you? Where are you from? Are you a real person? Just curious!  ???  ;D

bluenote

Quote from: MUC57 on December 26, 2018, 08:22:43 AM
Blue

Seriously, who are you? Where are you from? Are you a real person? Just curious!  ???  ;D

... well thank you MU57 .... and a sKippety dippity doo..... to you too! TOO :-*

MUC57

Quote from: Bluenote on December 28, 2018, 11:34:31 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on December 26, 2018, 08:22:43 AM
Blue

... well thank you MU57 .... and a sKippety dippity doo..... to you too! TOO :-*

Blue

You know I kid you. We've known each other for a little while. Joshing, or jousting, allowed. Happy New Year big guy and the best to all your family and friends. And for next year, Go 'Cats!  ;D  :o