CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sock Heir

Quote from: keeker on October 09, 2011, 04:55:26 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 09, 2011, 04:51:21 PM
... and fortunately, for Siggy Pryser's and Markus Fodstad's sake, Swedish and Norwegian are mutually intelligible -- even though Swedes and Norwegians don't always like to admit that they can understand each other perfectly well. ;)
Probably not hard to learn "man on, time, turn" in any language. Ok, I'm looking forward to Npu and loras match.

Ha likely point, but the Swedes have a tough time articulating intelligently, quick enough, to the English speakers. I've heard some "Swenglish" a few times out there that left me scratching my head. And I am absolutely looking forward to a potential NP-Loras match. Hopefully both sides are healthy.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: The Sock Heir on October 09, 2011, 05:00:38 PM
Quote from: keeker on October 09, 2011, 04:55:26 PM
Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 09, 2011, 04:51:21 PM
... and fortunately, for Siggy Pryser's and Markus Fodstad's sake, Swedish and Norwegian are mutually intelligible -- even though Swedes and Norwegians don't always like to admit that they can understand each other perfectly well. ;)
Probably not hard to learn "man on, time, turn" in any language. Ok, I'm looking forward to Npu and loras match.

Ha likely point, but the Swedes have a tough time articulating intelligently, quick enough, to the English speakers. I've heard some "Swenglish" a few times out there that left me scratching my head.

It can be bad news if you can't communicate properly with your teammates on the back line such as Sock Heir. Very bad news!

The one advantage NPU has in the fact that several players speak Swedish on the field is that I don't think that any CCIW refs have learned Swedish swear words yet. ;)

As for keeker's bit about the Vikings and Duhawks, NPU and Loras aren't scheduled to play this season. The only way that they'll face each other is if they meet in the tournament. NPU's final non-conference match is on Tuesday against Moody Bible -- and, before anyone says anything about that, it should be noted that MBI is a last-minute fill-in for a local D3 school that shall remain nameless whose coach backed out of a contract with North Park. I fully expect NPU coach John Born to empty his bench very early against Moody.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

blue_jays

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 09, 2011, 03:59:20 PM
Quote from: The Sock Heir on October 09, 2011, 09:27:49 AM
Quote from: thePietist on October 09, 2011, 06:35:08 AM
What happened to Ahlberg?  Why was NP playing a reserve keeper?

I believe Tim was at his sister's wedding.

... and I don't think that Ahlberg would've misplayed that first goal by Wheaton, but I'm not getting down on reserve keeper Alex Adielsson for that. He kept his cool and played well after coughing up that early long-distance goal. The second Wheaton goal was really just a case of the hosts crowding the box and the inability of the Park's defense to clear the ball past the perimeter. It was a point-blank shot, and there was nothing that Adielsson could've done about it.

I can see both sides to this debate. Yeah, I agree that Wheaton did a better job of patiently moving the ball up the field, and I think that Wheaton played better positional ball. NPU, for whatever reason, seems to have a problem with midfield gaps at times. But even with the two starting center backs and the starting keeper out, three other starters clearly hampered by injuries (Kris Grahn, Filip Lindmark, and Isaac Blixt), and yet another starter relegated to only seventeen minutes of playing time off the bench due to a bad hammy (Siggy Pryser), NPU still had a clear talent advantage over Wheaton. Erik Kinhammar and Elvin Ahmeti were generally pretty effective as the center backs -- and Kinhammar's two header goals gave NPU an element of set-piece scoring that the Vikings really haven't had much this year. Ryan McNaughton and David Dawood stepped up and played terrifically at midfield, and Effy Restrepo made the save of the game while holding the near post during a Wheaton corner kick with four minutes left. Kris Grahn, who was obviously gimpy and playing with only a fraction of his usual speed and creative skill, showed that he has the heart of a lion. And, of course, Jonas Pettersson's twisting guided missile from twenty yards out in the first half was a highlight-reel goal if there ever was one.

I give Wheaton lots of credit for doggedness. You could sense that the Wheaton players feel that their backs are to the wall in terms of their season by the way that they took it up a notch and really outplayed North Park during the final twenty minutes of the match. As I said, they stuffed the box, and their offensive pressure was relentless. Of course, this led to several breakout counters by the Vikings, but I think that NPU's banged-up front line just didn't have enough juice to take advantage. Those final twenty minutes were nerve-wracking. As much as I loved the match, it couldn't end fast enough for my taste.

I also give Wheaton credit for deciding to do what UW-Whitewater did, which was to trust in the skill of its players by playing an honest and open match against the Vikings rather than retreating into a no-pressure defensive shell and gooning it up in a deliberate attempt to draw a nil-nil tie the way that Elmhurst did. Wheaton clearly has lots of speed and skill, and the Wheaties have legitimate reason to think that they can match up with anybody in a fairly-played contest. Of course, the flip side of that is that Wheaton really doesn't have much size, so Mike Giuliano couldn't tell his players to go thug against NPU even if he'd wanted to. Didn't stop Wheaton defender Dan Pavlak from hanging all over Jonas Pettersson like a cheap suit, of course, but I can't say that Wheaton played particularly dirty last night.

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the atmosphere last night at Joe Bean Stadium. It was electric. There were about 1,700 people there last night, favoring the hosts by about a 2-1 margin. The fact that it was Wheaton's Homecoming soccer match probably helped the numbers, but that was a very impressive sea of royal blue and gold at the east end of the stadium. Foster's Finest absolutely rocked. If there's a better student section in all of D3 soccer, I'd like to see it. Foster's Finest definitely gets the Ripped From the Headlines Award for best topical cheer as well, with their "Occupy Wheaton!" chant. John Born and his players realize that they have something special with Foster's Finest (and all of the rest of the great fan support that NPU gets for soccer), and they really appreciate it. In turn, North Park fans are being treated to some tremendous soccer this year. I think that Wheaton senses that it's currently on the losing end of this rivalry not only on the pitch but in the stands as well.

Friday night's NPU Homecoming match against Augie promises to be another epic occasion.

Alright, gotta pierce some of this hot air before it floats off and gets entered into the Macy's Holiday Parade.
You may call Elmhurst goons, I'd say it's more they're going on coaches orders since they take on his on-field personality. Conversely, I will call North Park whiny crossed with some Charmin. Their European soccer-influenced flopping by the prima donnas (Petterson and Lindmark) was again on display on Saturday. Petterson is a great player, a born goal scorer, and basically insufferable. He spent a total of about 5 minutes of 3 different occasions hamming it up on the ground only to pop up as fresh as a daisy. And his big mouth earned him yet another yellow, this time for taunting after his goal, which was classy. There was a reason NPU's bench was yelling on the field for him to shut up.
Give credit to Wheaton's guts, but they played far too direct when they were down. Their final goal came because they went back out to left wing and then sent it in to Drew Golz, who is built like a Man and plays like it. Pavlak used every trick in the book while marking as usual. He's a player you hate on the opposing side but love when he's on your team. In general, Wheaton isn't what they used to be. Eric Brown and Rob Mouw aren't walking through that door.
And before I get plenty of hater-ade essays back via Sagar and others, just because everyone is lovin' on North Park on this board doesn't make you right. It makes you partisan like the rest of us. Just cuz you love your Vikings doesn't mean anyone else is gonna like them (and we don't).

IdahoSoccer

First off - take it easy on writing books on here, thank god i dont post in this forum

Second - kind of embarrassing that the number 1 team (or one of the top teams) in the region in which this conference sits got whacked today by the DuHawks of the north. Loras crushed Dominican 5-0 if you've been under a rock today.

And North Park 6-0-1000 ties. Swedes no good at scoring? DuHawks can show them

Gregory Sager

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMYou may call Elmhurst goons, I'd say it's more they're going on coaches orders since they take on his on-field personality.

You could very well be correct about that. In fact, I heard secondhand from a couple of NPU players that Di Tomasso was applauding when Vikings went down, and that he was verbally encouraging them to continue hitting people. Doesn't make it right if the blame lies at the feet of the coach and not his players. It's cheap, it's dangerous, and he should be called on the carpet for it by the league office, if not his own school's administration.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMConversely, I will call North Park whiny crossed with some Charmin. Their European soccer-influenced flopping by the prima donnas (Petterson and Lindmark) was again on display on Saturday.

I don't deny that there's some acting involved on the part of the European NPU players. We all know how that goes in terms of how the game's played internationally; it's one of the things of which Americans love to make fun when they talk about soccer. However, Lindmark in particular was not flopping. He has played through a serious groin pull that kept him out of the first seven matches of the season and that forced him to take himself out of the match for good last night with thirteen minutes left.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMPetterson is a great player, a born goal scorer, and basically insufferable. He spent a total of about 5 minutes of 3 different occasions hamming it up on the ground only to pop up as fresh as a daisy. And his big mouth earned him yet another yellow, this time for taunting after his goal, which was classy. There was a reason NPU's bench was yelling on the field for him to shut up.

There's no question that Pettersson's gonna have to learn how to rein it in. He's already had to sit out one match due to accumulated yellows. He's a freshman; he'll learn.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMGive credit to Wheaton's guts, but they played far too direct when they were down. Their final goal came because they went back out to left wing and then sent it in to Drew Golz, who is built like a Man and plays like it.

True, but NPU wasn't giving up any room on the wings during those final stages. That's where a guy like Fredrik Greiff comes in real handy for the Vikings.

Golz is a terrific player, and I won't be sorry to see him graduate. He's particularly been a thorn in NPU's side.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMPavlak used every trick in the book while marking as usual. He's a player you hate on the opposing side but love when he's on your team.

Agreed.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMIn general, Wheaton isn't what they used to be. Eric Brown and Rob Mouw aren't walking through that door.

I'd agree with that, too, although Wheaton remains a very solid and very dangerous side. The interesting thing is that last year we all received a healthy dose of hype about how the talent among the underclassmen at Wheaton was absolutely massive. I'm just not seeing it. Sure, they're good, but not worthy of as much ballyhoo as they were given. Perhaps it's the sort of thing where they won't really make their mark until they're seniors.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMAnd before I get plenty of hater-ade essays back via Sagar and others, just because everyone is lovin' on North Park on this board doesn't make you right. It makes you partisan like the rest of us.

No hater-ade here. Just make sure that you spell my name right next time.

Quote from: blue_jays on October 09, 2011, 06:18:40 PMJust cuz you love your Vikings doesn't mean anyone else is gonna like them (and we don't).

Excellent. Nobody expects you to.

It wouldn't be any fun to be on top if being there didn't bother the people below you.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Quote from: IdahoSoccer on October 09, 2011, 06:35:52 PM
First off - take it easy on writing books on here, thank god i dont post in this forum

There's a thing on the right-hand side of your computer screen -- that's the side with which you probably write and brush your teeth, if that helps -- that's called a scroll bar. Learn how to use it. It'll help when you see something with a lot of words and your eyes glaze over.

Quote from: IdahoSoccer on October 09, 2011, 06:35:52 PMSecond - kind of embarrassing that the number 1 team (or one of the top teams) in the region in which this conference sits got whacked today by the DuHawks of the north. Loras crushed Dominican 5-0 if you've been under a rock today.

rel·e·vant [rel-uh-vuhnt] adj bearing upon or connected with the matter in hand; pertinent: a relevant remark.

Loras -- IIAC
Dominican -- NAthC
North Park and Wheaton -- CCIW
this board -- CCIW

See where you went wrong there?

Quote from: IdahoSoccer on October 09, 2011, 06:35:52 PMAnd North Park 6-0-1000 ties. Swedes no good at scoring? DuHawks can show them

Please note the earlier post about NPU not playing Loras. This can easily be confirmed by checking a Loras pocket schedule, if you have one, or by checking the men's soccer page on the Loras website. If those options all prove too difficult for you, you can always ask someone connected to the Loras soccer program for help. It's good to ask questions, Idaho! That's how we learn!

Also, NPU does not have six wins. It has seven. If you keep going on your fingers, that's one more finger than you've already used. Got it? Good job, m'boy!

Finally, as for Swedes having an inherent inability to score, you might want to make note of the latest NCAA statistics for goals scored in D3:

rank  player, school  Cl  Games  Goals
1  Eros Olazabal, Manhattanville  Jr.  10  20
2  Mitch Grotti, Rutgers-Camden  So.  12  13
  Alex Oeswein, Thomas More  So.    9  13
  Andrew Pinella, Centenary (NJ)  Sr.  10  13
5  Alexander Rouse, Medaille  Sr.  12  12
6  Blaise Bourgeois, Purchase St.  So.    8  11
  Anthony Ferrer, Wm. Paterson  Sr.  11  11
  Nick Haggerty, Southern Vt.  Sr.  10  11
  Jonas Pettersson, North Park  Fr.  10  11
  Rob Santaniello, Ramapo  Jr.  10  11
  Karl Tooren, MacMurray  Sr.    8  11
  Clint Vatterrodt, Rose-Hulman  Sr.  11  11

Last night's goal means that Pettersson now has twelve goals in eleven games.

Thanks for playing, Idaho. Come back real soon!

deepthroat

In reference to the esteem poster from elmhurst, I wonder if people would hate the Park if they were losing instead of winning?

IdahoSoccer

Gregory - You seem like a smart guy, pulling definitions out and looking up stats (I'm impressed  ;D). So let me break this down for you and follow along real close....

This board = CCIW
CCIW (North Park and Wheaton)  = Central Region

And for the connector......
Dominican - Central Region

Did the lightbulb go on? If that is too much, I'm sorry, I can dumb it now.

Dominican is ranked by NSCAA as the top team in the central region AND the highest ranked central region team on the top 25 of D3Soccer's latest poll. If the relevance hasn't crept into your brain yet it is still okay, just act like you get it and write a really long response to this.

And you really incriminated yourself by pulling up one goal scorer's stats. Lets look at my post again (which you dissected already) . I used the word "Swedes". The "s" at the end makes it plural. I will not go to the dictionary to explain this because it seems like you have one close. That is awesome one Swede (Notice without the "s") has some goals. Now back to my comment which you misinterpreted,
Loras - through 14 games has 50 goals
NPU ("Swedes" not "Swede" young greg) - has 27 goals through 12 games.
50>27

Is any of this making sense?

I hope you have some better analogies than your scroll bar one. You have to feel a little bit dumb right now, it is okay though, don't get mad. Put your helmet on before you start typing next time,

Thanks for playing, young greg. Come back real soon!

Gregory Sager

Quote from: deepthroat on October 09, 2011, 08:31:07 PM
In reference to the esteem poster from elmhurst, I wonder if people would hate the Park if they were losing instead of winning?

They wouldn't care about the Park at all, other than to occasionally poke fun at the Vikings (as is the case with football). The surest sign that your program is moving forward is if opposing fans start trying to pick it apart and/or complain about it. The "hey, your Swedes are too old to be playing against college boys" thread from last week was a good example of that.

In the past, everyone who cared about CCIW soccer but who didn't bleed orange directed their ire at Wheaton. Now it's directed at NPU. I love that. It's another sign of the changing of the guard. Of course, the downside is that everyone will dance a merry jig at your expense when you lose. That goes with the territory, too.

I think it's just a case of Parkers feeling disoriented by the cries of the haters, because -- let's face it -- being a doormat in most sports for so long has kept us from understanding what those cries of the haters really implies.

thePietist

[/quote]

Ha!  Sager, I bet you haven't been called that in awhile.  Must be your boyish good looks.
I, too, would love to see a NP-Loras matchup--since that would mean NP is in the national tourney.  Here's hoping that by then the Vikings will have everyone healthy.  By the way, what ranking system decides who hosts tournament games?

keeker

Quote from: Gregory Sager on October 09, 2011, 09:46:33 PM
Quote from: deepthroat on October 09, 2011, 08:31:07 PM

They wouldn't care about the Park at all, other than to occasionally poke fun at the Vikings (as is the case with football). The surest sign that your program is moving forward is if opposing fans start trying to pick it apart and/or complain about it. The "hey, your Swedes are too old to be playing against college boys" thread from last week was a good example of that.

In the past, everyone who cared about CCIW soccer but who didn't bleed orange directed their ire at Wheaton. Now it's directed at NPU. I love that. It's another sign of the changing of the guard. Of course, the downside is that everyone will dance a merry jig at your expense when you lose. That goes with the territory, too.

I think it's just a case of Parkers feeling disoriented by the cries of the haters, because -- let's face it -- being a doormat in most sports for so long has kept us from understanding what those cries of the haters really implies.
Sager, you're taking this way too seriously. Nobody is jealous  nor hates np soccer. Don't get so defensive. Other than the fact that Jonas is a bonafide immature turd, i love np and enjoying their rise in soccer. honest.

Gregory Sager

Quote from: IdahoSoccer on October 09, 2011, 09:45:58 PM

Gregory - You seem like a smart guy, pulling definitions out and looking up stats (I'm impressed  ;D).

Given the ongoing kindergarten class that Loras fans have been conducting in the IIAC room ever since the frenzied finger-pointing that followed Wheaton's victory over the Duhawks, I'm impressed that you can recognize such things. ;)

So let me break this down for you and follow along real close....

This board = CCIW
CCIW (North Park and Wheaton)  = Central Region

And for the connector......
Dominican - Central Region

You want to talk about the Central Region? Fine, start a Central Region room. I'll even post in it. But this is the CCIW room. The idea that we CCIW fans are somehow "under a rock today" if we weren't raptly paying attention to a game that involved two teams that aren't in this league is just eight different kinds of silly -- particularly since NPU beat Dominican several weeks ago.

You're screaming, "Look at my team! Look at my team!", but since you're not playing someone in this league, why should we? Take it up with the NAthC fans. I don't see Ohio Northern or Babson or Manhattanville fans in here begging for attention in such an unseemly fashion. Dominican's fortunes will only affect NPU somewhere far down the road if the Vikings aren't taking care of business.

Did the lightbulb go on? If that is too much, I'm sorry, I can dumb it now.

Dominican is ranked by NSCAA as the top team in the central region AND the highest ranked central region team on the top 25 of D3Soccer's latest poll. If the relevance hasn't crept into your brain yet it is still okay, just act like you get it and write a really long response to this.

I certainly wouldn't write a long response, since you've already indicated that they put you to sleep. Since I'm two posts deep into Dumb It Down Mode for you now ;), I'll keep it short and sweet:

1) This is the CCIW room.
2) Dominican and Loras are not in the CCIW.
3) You have other venues, or potential venues, available to open up a discussion about Dominican vs. Loras.
4) NPU has already beaten Dominican. QED

Quote from: IdahoSoccer on October 09, 2011, 09:45:58 PMAnd you really incriminated yourself by pulling up one goal scorer's stats. Lets look at my post again (which you dissected already) . I used the word "Swedes". The "s" at the end makes it plural. I will not go to the dictionary to explain this because it seems like you have one close. That is awesome one Swede (Notice without the "s") has some goals.

Boy, for someone for whom long posts are the equivalent of a glass of warm milk, this really turned into a Russian novel on your part. ;D

Now back to my comment which you misinterpreted,
Loras - through 14 games has 50 goals
NPU ("Swedes" not "Swede" young greg) - has 27 goals through 12 games.
50>27

Is any of this making sense?

Big freakin' deal. So the Duhawks have run up the score against the likes of Nebraska Wesleyan (3-9), St. Norbert (1-6-1), Buena Vista (4-7, with no wins over any D3 sides that have more than a single win to their credit), and Coe (4-6-1, no wins over any winning sides). You must be oh, so proud.

But, since you object to my only having cited one NPU Swede, here's another:

Kris Grahn: Reigning CCIW Player of the Year, 2010 d3soccer.com All-American, three-time All-CCIW first-teamer, scored 33 career goals to date, led CCIW in goals per game in 2009.

The rest of the Swedes who play forward or midfield for NPU, such as sophomores Filip Lindmark (an All-CCIW first-teamer as a freshman last season) and Robin Hals and freshman Isaac Blixt, haven't been around long enough to accumulate a lot of gaudy stats -- although the two assists Hals tallied against Wheaton last night puts him fifth in the league in points.

If you want to continue taking potshots at NPU's Swedes, sight unseen, making yourself look like an ignoramus in the process ::), that's just fine with me.

Quote from: IdahoSoccer on October 09, 2011, 09:45:58 PMI hope you have some better analogies than your scroll bar one. You have to feel a little bit dumb right now,

You're right, I do ... in the "wrestle with pigs, come up dirty" sense of the word. ;) But what really gets me is that I believed you when you said that you didn't like long posts ... and then you proceeded to provide one of your very own. Shame on me for that! ;D

it is okay though, don't get mad. Put your helmet on before you start typing next time,

Huh? Now you're quoting David Bowie lyrics at me? Man, that's one non sequitur I did not see coming. ???

I'm here every day, Spudboy. Tomorrow I'll bring you some cookies to go with that glass of warm milk! ;D

Gregory Sager

Quote from: keeker on October 09, 2011, 11:18:41 PM
Sager, you're taking this way too seriously. Nobody is jealous  nor hates np soccer.

Seems like you have a bone to pick with blue_jays, then, not with me -- because he pretty clearly expressed the opposite opinion to what you're saying here.

And I encountered an awful lot of people who were wearing Wheaton apparel last night who were exhibiting antipathy towards NPU. Not all of them, of course, but enough of them. Again, that's OK with me. It is a rivalry, after all.

("Haters" doesn't literally refer to hatred, by the way. It's a current slang term that roughly means "a person who is envious of someone else's success.")

Quote from: keeker on October 09, 2011, 11:18:41 PMDon't get so defensive.

I'm not. IdahoSoccer is clearly trolling, but you and guys like blue_jays clearly know soccer and follow the local schools. The more that guys like you post, the livelier and better this room gets. And with that comes give-and-take, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I relish it, in fact, as anyone who follows the CCIW basketball room will attest.

Quote from: keeker on October 09, 2011, 11:18:41 PMOther than the fact that Jonas is a bonafide immature turd, i love np and enjoying their rise in soccer. honest.

Color me skeptical about your sincerity (about loving NPU and enjoying the Vikes' rise in soccer, not about calling Pettersson a turd ;)), but I'm willing to be persuaded otherwise. ;D

Quote from: thePietist on October 09, 2011, 11:11:38 PMHa!  Sager, I bet you haven't been called that in awhile.  Must be your boyish good looks.

His calling me young and your calling me good-looking is obviously all a part of a conspiracy to throw me off my game. ;)

Quote from: keeker on October 09, 2011, 11:18:41 PMI, too, would love to see a NP-Loras matchup--since that would mean NP is in the national tourney.  Here's hoping that by then the Vikings will have everyone healthy.  By the way, what ranking system decides who hosts tournament games?

The selection committee selects at-large schools (Pool B and Pool C) via five primary criteria. This is from last season's D3 men's soccer championship handbook (page 9):

QuoteThe primary criteria emphasize regional competition (all contests leading up to NCAA
championships); all criteria listed will be evaluated (not listed in priority order).
• Win-loss percentage against regional opponents.
• Strength-of-schedule (only contests versus regional competition).
- Opponents' Average Winning Percentage (OWP).
- Opponents' Opponents' Average Winning Percentage (OOWP).
[See Appendix A for explanation of OWP and OOWP calculations.]
• In-region head-to-head competition.
• In-region results versus common regional opponents.
• In-region results versus regionally ranked teams.
Note:
• Ranked opponents are defined as those teams ranked at the time of the rankings/
selection process only.
- Once a team is ranked in the sport's official rankings, it is always considered
ranked.
• Conference postseason contests are included.
• Contests versus provisional and reclassifying members in their third and fourth
years shall count in the primary criteria. Provisional and reclassifying members
shall remain ineligible for rankings and selections.

If that doesn't suffice to separate potential at-large selections, then the committee goes to secondary (non-regional) criteria.

The regional rankings referred to in the handbook are put out by the committee on three late-season Wednesdays. This year, presumably (the 2011 handbook isn't out yet, or at least it isn't available on the NCAA website), those three rankings will be released by the committee on October 19, October 26, and November 2.

Once all of the schools have been selected and seeded based upon the five primary criteria (Pool A schools are the ones that've won the automatic berths of their respective leagues), the host schools are determined thus:

QuotePairings and Site Selection
Once automatic qualifiers are identified and the Pools B and C teams are selected, the following guidelines should be followed:
• Teams will be grouped in clusters according to natural geographic proximity. Teams will then be paired according to geographic proximity. A team may be moved to numerically balance the bracket if geographic proximity is maintained. Teams should be paired and eligible sites should be selected according to geographic proximity (within 500 miles).
• Teams may be seeded on a regional basis using the regional selection criteria. However, geographic proximity takes precedence over seeding.
• Teams from the same conference do not have to play one another in the first round as long as geographic proximity is maintained.
• The highest-seeded team that meets all selection criteria (and after a review of the submitted host materials) will be selected as the host institution, provided geographic proximity is maintained. Flights will be kept to a minimum. The highest-seeded team at four-team sites will have the opportunity to select which game time it prefers.
The higher-seeded team will be listed at the top of the competition bracket.

Hope that makes sense!

d3fan1

That long diatribe was very entertaining and educational, but I'm a little tired now, so I think I'll take a nap.  :-\

IdahoSoccer

Big freakin' deal. So the Duhawks have run up the score against the likes of Nebraska Wesleyan (3-9), St. Norbert (1-6-1), Buena Vista (4-7, with no wins over any D3 sides that have more than a single win to their credit), and Coe (4-6-1, no wins over any winning sides). You must be oh, so proud.

Young greg - Not to quote you here or anything - but this is the CCIW forum.

Loras -IIAC

Why are you talking about Loras young greg?

But since you opened that door, lets explore it. DuHawks - in the past 5 years -  5 Straight Sweet 16s, 2 Elite 8s, 2 Final Fours. I believe Messiah (Not CCIW I know greg calm down), Calvin (Not CCIW I know greg calm down) are the only two other teams to be in the last 5 straight sweet 16s. Not for sure though. And looking to keep the streak a live this year.

North Park (CCIW) - I don't even know your national appearances (probably a couple one and done appearances?) but I'm sure they are not close to the ones above. 

So young greg, look at my team and then back to yours  :P   Strap your helmet in