CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_b

Quote from: tjcummingsfan on September 17, 2013, 01:59:34 PM
A rough stretch for North Park.  They started out hot 2-0, and now they have gone 0-3-1 in their last 4 games.  And it doesn't get any easier with Dominican tonight.  Hopefully they can right the ship with a win tonight against an always good Dominican team.
Vikings come away with a 3-0 victory.

tjcummingsfan

I only watched the first half, but it sure seemed like North Park dominated the game.  They controlled the ball well, and I don't remember seeing any real chances for Dominican.  Was the second half similar?

Gotberg

Quote from: tjcummingsfan on September 18, 2013, 12:34:25 PM
I only watched the first half, but it sure seemed like North Park dominated the game.  They controlled the ball well, and I don't remember seeing any real chances for Dominican.  Was the second half similar?

NP dominated the 2nd half too.

Difficult to watch the game though because the camera kept going out of focus.  I watched a little of the Dubuque game as well and had the same problem.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

tjcummingsfan

Quote from: Gotberg on September 22, 2013, 08:37:20 AM
Quote from: tjcummingsfan on September 18, 2013, 12:34:25 PM

NP dominated the 2nd half too.

Difficult to watch the game though because the camera kept going out of focus.  I watched a little of the Dubuque game as well and had the same problem.

Yeah, that was brutal.  I hoped it was something they would work out at halftime of that Dominican game, but apparently not.  Hopefully they'll get it in order for the upcoming matches. 

Medicated Pete

[/quote]

Yeah, that was brutal.  I hoped it was something they would work out at halftime of that Dominican game, but apparently not.  Hopefully they'll get it in order for the upcoming matches.
[/quote]

I think the camera is focusing on the Glass they are shooting through...and just can't focus right...Open the Window!!  :P

Puerco Espin

After seeing the Thunder tonight, I gotta imagine they will find themselves in position for another CCIW title. Quick midfielders help to transition through the pitch.

When compared to what I saw from North Park, Wheaton should have no problem taking care of business.
NCAA Final Four: 2007, 2008, 2012, 2013, 2015
NCAA Sweet 16: 2005, 2009, 2010, 2014
NCAA Tournament: 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015
IIAC Champions: 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015

Gotberg

Quote from: Puerco Espin on September 25, 2013, 12:41:48 AM
After seeing the Thunder tonight, I gotta imagine they will find themselves in position for another CCIW title. Quick midfielders help to transition through the pitch.

When compared to what I saw from North Park, Wheaton should have no problem taking care of business.

It will be fun to watch.  Its great to have legitimate rivalries and I know each team respects each other and looks forward to the game.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

tjcummingsfan

Good win for NP last night against UWW.  3-0.  Glad Petterson found the back of the net a couple times. 

Looking forward to watching the Wheaton -Carthage game now.

tjcummingsfan

NP took another one on Friday 2-0 over Augie. 

The CCIW looks interesting right now.  Millikin is certainly a surprise, knocking off North Central, and hanging on for a tie against Carthage.  It makes me a little nervous for NP to take the trip down to Decatur at the end of the week!

markerickson

NPU has allowed only 8 goals in 11 games, and zero goals in their 7 wins and 1 tie.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

tjcummingsfan

North Park had to work for the win yesterday at Millikin.  2-1 in OT.  Both teams looked flat in the first half.  The second half NP dominated until they scored their first goal to go up 1-0.  It looked like they let off the gas for a bit and Millikin came back to tie.  After that it was a lot of back and forth.  North Park definitely looked like the more determined team in OT though and scored the game winner just a few minutes in.  Definitely a nerve-wracking game.

Wheaton got caught for a tie at Elmhurst yesterday.  Is the CCIW a better overall conference this year?  Or are teams (like always) just bringing their A games against NP and Wheaton?

tjcummingsfan

Elmhurst grabbed a tie against NP also on Wednesday 1-1.  That would've been a great chance for NP to take control of the conference race.  I thought Park outplayed Elmhurt for the vast majority of the game.  Bad defense and being in the right place in the right time led to the Blue Jays' goal.  Park had 2-3 hit off the crossbar, including a wide-open diving header.  But Park just couldn't find the back of the net a second time.   

coffeeshoptheologian

Wheaton soccer grad here... Was anyone at IWU v Wheaton tonight? Seemed quite chippy and emotional. Looked like IWU got into Wheaton's heads a bit and a few WC guys lost it. WC come out with a 2-1 win, 3rd in 4 days. Anyone who was there wanna chime in?

tjcummingsfan

Yeah, that sure looked interesting.  Very uncharacteristic of a team who, going in to that game, only had 6 yellows on the season.  I'd be curious to know what was said that warranted that reaction from the Wheaton player. 

Thunder1

IWU basically went "Dennis Rodman" on Thunder.  Lots of cheap fouls behind the play, trash talking and diving.  IWU 21 fouls, WC 13.  Center ref let game get out of control.  Brutal slide tackle from behind in the 78th minute was last straw.  Broke the foot of one of WC's top players.  Might be out for the rest of the season.  WC guy went after the offender and got the red.  Played the last 12 mins down a man.  I used to have a lot of respect for IWU and coach Lakin.  They have had some great teams the last several years and can play "soccer" and always have played hard, but never cheap.  They went way over the line on Saturday.  Sad to see.......... WC boys were tired (3rd game in 4 days in a mid term finals week) and probably could have handled it a little better but at some point you have to say enough is enough.