CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KICKIN95

Wheaton's must have been the slide tackle and NP was the take down just outside the box.
Master of all things "DuHawk"

KICKIN95

Surprised by no commentary tonight?
Master of all things "DuHawk"

mr_b

Quote from: Gotberg on November 05, 2013, 10:28:01 PM
Quote from: KICKIN95 on November 05, 2013, 10:23:04 PM
I didn't even to think to count NP's players.  When these teams lose players?

55th for Wheaton 74 for NP.

I didn't see the Wheaton red.  2nd yellow for NP.
According to Live Stats, the Wheaton player had a yellow card at ~55m and then another foul about 15 second later and was issued a red card.

mr_b

All tied up after two OT's.

Gotberg

Quote from: mr_b on November 05, 2013, 10:40:31 PM
All tied up after two OT's.

Penalty kicks - so much pressure.
I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

tjcummingsfan

Not sure the live stats will update the Pks, any chance you gentlemen could keep me up to speed?

mr_b

I switched to the video feed and it looks like Wheaton won on PKs.

casualfan

Wheaton wins 5-3 on Penalties. The Wheaton keeper made one save on NP's third shot and Wheaton made all 5 shooting first.

tjcummingsfan

I don't think NP has ever won on Pks.

What do we think?  Is that the season for NP?  Or will they sneak in with a pool C in a weak Midwest region?

thePietist

The Golz bros. spoil again in 11th hour theatrics...  I believe that makes 3 NP v WC games in a row that a Golz (different one each time) has scored with less than 5 minutes remaining.   >:(

I have to believe a pool C bid is likely considering their losses against strong teams.

mr_b

Quote from: tjcummingsfan on November 05, 2013, 10:50:35 PM
I don't think NP has ever won on Pks.

What do we think?  Is that the season for NP?  Or will they sneak in with a pool C in a weak Midwest region?
How many Pool C bids are there for the Midwest?

casualfan

If I had to guess, an 11-5-3 record is probably not good enough. Two questionable losses to Alma and Olivet and a draw with Concordia Wisconsin on top of a 3-0 loss to Loras puts them on the bubble. We'll see though..

gustiefan04

There is no set number of Pool C bids per region.

I think NPU is definitely on the bubble. Likely they needed a strong showing in the CCIW playoffs to be awarded a Pool C. But you never know...

Thunder1

Quote from: gustiefan04 on November 05, 2013, 11:10:30 PM
There is no set number of Pool C bids per region.

I think NPU is definitely on the bubble. Likely they needed a strong showing in the CCIW playoffs to be awarded a Pool C. But you never know...

The game tonight vs Wheaton officially went down as a tie (PK's were because of conference tournament).  So, North Park has a one goal loss and a tie against the #1 team in the region in their last two games.  Yes, they did have a couple bad losses but they were early in the season.  It would be a shame for them not to make the tournament.  They won their first round NCAA Tournament game handily last year (4-1 vs Wash U) and gave Loras all that they could handle in a 0-1 game in the second round with essentially the same team.  They may be on the bubble but I think they should get in.  We will see....... Jonas Peterson is probably the most dangerous player I've seen in the last couple years.

gustiefan04

Don't get me wrong, NPU has a nice program/team.

Overall Record: 11-5-3
Most Recent NCAA Rank: 2
SOS: .592

NPU at a Glance, actually looks to be in good shape... strong SOS, etc.

But when you look a little closer, I'm actually a bit surprised they are ranked as high as they are currently by the NCAA.They were the CCIW #4 seed. They tied and lost to the #2 (Elmhurst) & #3 (Carthage) CCIW teams, respectively. Yet NPU is ranked higher than both by the NCAA.

Just goes to show how important SOS is in the ranking/selection process for the NCAA.

It actually looks like NPU is missing a signature win...I guess you could consider the 3-0 result against Dominican a strong one, but DU is kind of having a down year, by their typical standards and aren't even ranked by the NCAA.

As long as a good majority of the AQ "Favorites" actually win their AQ's, NPU may actually be in better shape than I initially thought....