CCIW

Started by Mr. Ypsi, September 04, 2009, 08:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperSub15

Not to mention Carthage dominated most of the game. Bad decision by their keeper cost them the game winner. By no means am I saying NCC is a bad team. I agree with Midwest, NPU will need to take care of their opportunities. Something Carthage could not do and it cost them.

MidwestAficionado

Quote from: NCC26 on October 08, 2014, 03:51:38 PM
That's due to the youth of this team.  I'm sure coach Klosterman will have them ready.

I'm sure he'll have them ready, they always have good fight - just not much soccer.

Plus, NCC's most usual starting lineup has 3 seniors and 4 juniors... so a bit inaccurate of a statement to claim their youth is the reason.

casualfan

UWW takes down North Park??? Any insight from anyone at the game? Stats look very even with UWW with the edge in shots and NPU with the edge in corners. Big win for the Warhawks and the WIAC.

dontshootthegoose

Heard from an inside source that it could have been more than 1-0. North park's goalie came up huge and stopped 3 separate breakaways. North parks only chance was from a laser 30 yards out that hit the cross bar. It sounded like UWW simply out played them.

NCC26

Quote from: MidwestAficionado on October 08, 2014, 11:31:05 PM
That's due to the youth of this team.  I'm sure coach Klosterman will have them ready.

I'm sure he'll have them ready, they always have good fight - just not much soccer.

Plus, NCC's most usual starting lineup has 3 seniors and 4 juniors... so a bit inaccurate of a statement to claim their youth is the reason.

Not an inaccurate statement at all, only 4 returning starters from last year.  One senior who has never played college soccer, until now.  A junior who missed out last year.  He rotates several freshmen in throughout the game. If they can maintain possession, I give them a punchers chance.

As far as game goes.. we'll see. :)

MidwestAficionado

Quote from: NCC26 on October 09, 2014, 04:36:04 PM
Quote from: MidwestAficionado on October 08, 2014, 11:31:05 PM

Not an inaccurate statement at all, only 4 returning starters from last year.  One senior who has never played college soccer, until now.  A junior who missed out last year.  He rotates several freshmen in throughout the game. If they can maintain possession, I give them a punchers chance.

As far as game goes.. we'll see. :)

Inexperience and youth, while they often go hand in hand, are two very different things. Still an inaccurate statement. I doubt they'll have a chance given NPU should be pretty pissed off with the loss to UWW

Gregory Sager

Sometimes you've just gotta give credit to the other side. I talked with one of the NPU starters tonight, and he told me that over the last twenty minutes of the match the Vikings played only three back and just hammered the Warhawks in the front third with a lot of very good chances -- but UWW held.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

D3soccerwatcher

I think Wheaton will win the CCIW again this year.  Even after their head coach has announced his pending departure, they remain well coached and their talent in the conference is undeniable.

Gotberg

Quote from: D3soccerwatcher on October 09, 2014, 09:34:39 PM
I think Wheaton will win the CCIW again this year.  Even after their head coach has announced his pending departure, they remain well coached and their talent in the conference is undeniable.

I would also call Wheaton the favorites to win the CCIW.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered. - George Best

D3soccerwatcher

#5 Wheaton down 1-0 to unranked Carthage. 6 mins remaining in first half.

Gregory Sager

Congratulations to John Born upon picking up his 200th win as a head coach tonight, as NPU defeated Illinois Wesleyan, 3-0, in Bloomington.

Incidentally, great camera work by the IWU camera person. That was about the best webcast view I've ever had of a soccer match.
"To see what is in front of one's nose is a constant struggle." -- George Orwell

Gregory Sager

Carthage beat Wheaton, 2-1, in Kenosha.

markerickson

When did CC last defeat WC?!?  Wow.
Once a metalhead, always a metalhead.  Matthew 5:13.

Gregory Sager

NCC26

Our conference is tough.  5 teams in the top 10 of the central region.  Didn't see Wheaton losing to Carthage though.  Kudos to Carthage!