FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITH radio

It wouldn't surprise me if the Shenandoah game gets cancelled, or at least postponed, because of weather.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on September 09, 2018, 06:44:52 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Shenandoah game gets cancelled, or at least postponed, because of weather.

Any precedent here?  Would the AD's try to re-schedule to Sunday? Change the venue? Maybe even move Hobart to the home game?

jknezek

Quote from: Oline79 on September 10, 2018, 08:23:39 AM

Any precedent here?  Would the AD's try to re-schedule to Sunday? Change the venue? Maybe even move Hobart to the home game?

Games have been moved in the past. We are just starting to discuss this on the ODAC board. It does not look like a good weekend for ODAC football. I expect, being non-conference games, the slate is likely to just be cancelled. If the storm does hit, emergency services and repair trucks will be more important to move up and down I95 and I81 than football teams.

Bartman

A good week for the LL. A wise coach once told me the biggest improvement by a team happened between week one and two. That was evident in the games last weekend. Hobart found a passing game as Hoffman tied a record of TD passes in a game with 6 and the record for a single game passer rating.His long throws were very impressive. The Hobart defense and offensive line took steps forward as this young team matures. Hobart is still a work in progress, but it is progressing. The team has its swagger back which will need to be backed up each week. Dakota Harvey should have plenty of time to heal before the games that really count. The home game against Union should give them enough time to play some real Bartball .
Ithaca has a shutdown defense as evidenced against Bport,and once the offense comes around , they should be as good as advertised. The coaching staff may have a QB situation?
RPI beat a solid WPI squad, and looks to be improving each week.The RPI- Ithaca  game is one to look forward to.
Union looks to be on track to compete for the LL title.
The Saints could be seriously underrated , but we will see.
Rochester stats look encouraging as they improve, but it is clear that it is a rebuilding year.
Looks like a great race to the title this year .

"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Machiavelli

Quote from: Machiavelli on September 07, 2018, 10:31:02 AM
Machiavelli's Fearless Predictions:
Brockport - 52 13
Ithaca - 28 7
I'm thinking this might be close at the half but Brockport overpowers the second half and makes the score look a lot worse than it really was.

RPI - 31   25
WPI - 17  14
RPI is still working out some kinks but should win this one somewhat comfortably.

Carnegie Melon - 35  31
Rochester - 7  7
Honestly I could care less about this game so just throwing this up there. Rochester stinks. I wish they were better.

Hobart - 27  62
Morrisville State - 21  24
Hobart continues to struggle but starts getting it together late.

Norwich - 13  7
St. Lawrence - 10  40
A barn burner. Less exciting than last night's Falcons/Eagles game, particularly in the first half. Abysmal.

Union - 35  28
Coast Guard - 17  10
Blah.

Nothing really too exciting here. I'd like to see Ithaca put up a fight. Otherwise, kind of a boring weekend.

So I was a bit off on the Brockport score(I doubt many expected that), sold Hobart a bit short, and blew the St. Lawrence pick, but overall, I think I put out a pretty solid prediction for last weekend.

As I have previously mentioned, RPI has a lot of talent and potential, but we haven't seen it yet. They need to get it together or they will be in trouble vs. good teams.

Ithaca may have put fear into the entire LL this weekend. Fortunately, their offense looks sub-par but the QB that finished the game can sling it a bit.

Hobart sounds like the week 1 tune up they received may have been helpful. I wouldn't sell them short quite yet.

Rochester is as bad as I thought.

Either St. Lawrence is better than I thought or Norwich is complete garbage.(Maybe a little of both?)

Union did as expected with CG. I think they might be in for a long day vs. Springfield, but we'll find out in a few days.

Bartman

Quote from: jknezek on September 10, 2018, 08:56:46 AM

Games have been moved in the past. We are just starting to discuss this on the ODAC board. It does not look like a good weekend for ODAC football. I expect, being non-conference games, the slate is likely to just be cancelled. If the storm does hit, emergency services and repair trucks will be more important to move up and down I95 and I81 than football teams.
Staying safe is more important than some OOC games. I would love to see Shenandoah take a drive up to Geneva to see a Matchup between two Statesmen alums in Geneva but unlikely.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

jknezek

Quote from: Bartman on September 10, 2018, 09:15:51 AM

Staying safe is more important than some OOC games. I would love to see Shenandoah take a drive up to Geneva to see a Matchup between two Statesmen alums in Geneva but unlikely.
I'm not sure Shenandoah would shell out the money. Perhaps though. I would actually really like to see this game, especially played in good weather. Not sure Shenandoah has the D to beat Hobart, but the Hornets have a massive amount of O this year. They will be a stiff test for most defenses this year, though in bad weather where throwing is dicey I expect they will be a lot easier to handle. Bausermann at QB is very, very good.

Oline89

Quote from: jknezek on September 10, 2018, 09:18:47 AM
Quote from: Bartman on September 10, 2018, 09:15:51 AM

I'm not sure Shenandoah would shell out the money. Perhaps though. I would actually really like to see this game, especially played in good weather. Not sure Shenandoah has the D to beat Hobart, but the Hornets have a massive amount of O this year. They will be a stiff test for most defenses this year, though in bad weather where throwing is dicey I expect they will be a lot easier to handle. Bausermann at QB is very, very good.

I know it's a long-shot, BUT if Hobart already had the money set aside to travel to Shenandoah, maybe they could use it to supplement a trip north.  Just struggling with the real possibility of having an 8 game schedule!! The team has worked too hard to play fewer games than boys play in middle school.  Hopefully the AD's can figure something out.

Bombers798891

So, stray thought:

Mark McDonough, IC's excellent DC under Mike Welch, was a potential coaching candidate to replace him. And in Year 2 under Michael Toerper, the Bomber defense appears to have gotten better:

2013: 15.9 PA/309 YA/4.8 YPP
2014: 17.2 PA/298 YA/4.5 YPP
2015: 19.9 PA/313 YA/4.6 YPP
2016: 19.7 PA/328 YA/4.9 YPP
2017: 15.3 PA/284 YA/4.2 YPP
2018: 13.5 PA/240 YA/3.4 YPP

Obviously, this is just a rough guide for defense, since opponents, field position, turnovers are always different. And we're only two games in this season. But the job Toerper has done with the defense is really impressive.

Bartman

Oline,
    Good point on the budget to offer Shenandoah the option. I would love to see how our pass defense stacks up against Bauserman, and to see if we improved since Bport. All up to Yoder and his team to see if they would like another OOC test game as well.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

jknezek

Quote from: Bartman on September 10, 2018, 10:48:35 AM
Oline,
    Good point on the budget to offer Shenandoah the option. I would love to see how our pass defense stacks up against Bauserman, and to see if we improved since Bport. All up to Yoder and his team to see if they would like another OOC test game as well.
Probably not to be honest. If it looks like it will be bad enough to where they could be stranded for a few days, those expenses will add up quick and a relatively meaningless game isn't worth it. If this storm track continues, I'm betting it all gets called off. Too many unknowns.

Bartman

Quote from: jknezek on September 10, 2018, 10:52:57 AM
Quote from: Bartman on September 10, 2018, 10:48:35 AM
Oline,
Probably not to be honest. If it looks like it will be bad enough to where they could be stranded for a few days, those expenses will add up quick and a relatively meaningless game isn't worth it. If this storm track continues, I'm betting it all gets called off. Too many unknowns.
Agree , the possibility is remote , but Hobart only has 4 home games this year, and one more game in Geneva even as the "visiting" team would be nice.
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath

UfanBill

It would be a shame if Hobart vs Shenandoah were cancelled so I'm adding my two cents for another possible solution. This would involve a third team, Endicott, which is scheduled to face Hobart on 9/22. If that game could be moved to 10/29, an open date for both Hobart and Endicott, then this week's Hobart/ Shenandoah game could be postponed to 9/22. Thank you  ;)
"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

pumkinattack

F**k y**h, now were talking some old school ish. 

Or for those who may recall a long long time ago, Sir PumkinIcabodCraneAttack sayeth: Ye Olde Triple Threat Match. 

Doeth the region lordeth over by Sir Kevin Dewall side with his close college friend and multicompetitor teammate, Scott Yoder-eth and the southern infiltry invading the northern region jointly protected by the table of Liberty, a league of bitter cold institutions for royal children to sow their oats and shat on the more proletariat region ruled by the gothic rubes collectively known as the Empire Ate?  Or shall the gallant, wive collecting heroes of the Laketh of Seneca side with the compatriot by convenience DutchBoys of Schendatedeck to superplex the Quarterback of the southern Hornets from a tree branch through a frozen sheet of ice on Laketh Seneca and retain their glorious perch as ruler of the frozen lakes? 

Bartman

PA,
    Me thinketh thou doth post from the great mountains of Colorado whilst enjoying the now royally approved pipe of peace and tranquility where the spirits of prior Statesmen reigneth forever and ever 8-) 8-). and a + k for your bag of accumulated spoils
Alex Karras
Max McGee
Joe Namath