Pool B

Started by Ralph Turner, October 01, 2005, 02:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally_wabash

Just dabbling a little, jknezek.  I wasn't going to unveil this year's eliminator table until after week 5.   :)
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

jknezek

Quote from: wally_wabash on September 21, 2017, 04:29:35 PM
Just dabbling a little, jknezek.  I wasn't going to unveil this year's eliminator table until after week 5.   :)

I know. And I'm much too lazy to actually hang up Halloween decorations. But still... let's not have end of season nuttiness encroach on the joy of simply having the first few weeks of football back. FBS does enough of that already...

Ralph Turner

Quote from: jknezek on September 21, 2017, 04:23:11 PM
Dear lord people. It's week 3. Many teams haven't played a conference game yet. There is plenty of time to hit up playoff scenarios when we at least hit October.

This is like people who hang up Christmas decorations and play Christmas music before Halloween. You shouldn't need a license to use their bones as Halloween decorations...
...my wife tells me that it is okay to do that...   ::)

LOL

HansenRatings

Quote from: jknezek on September 21, 2017, 04:35:18 PM
Quote from: wally_wabash on September 21, 2017, 04:29:35 PM

I know. And I'm much too lazy to actually hang up Halloween decorations. But still... let's not have end of season nuttiness encroach on the joy of simply having the first few weeks of football back. FBS does enough of that already...

I ran my first 2017 playoff projection before Christmas 2016.
Follow me on Twitter. I post fun graphs sometimes. @LogHanRatings

Ralph Turner

Springfield 42, WPI 10 in the NEWMAC. 

UMHB, HSU, ETBU and SRSU all won in the ASC

Ralph Turner

UMHB and Springfield are undefeated thru week #6.

If UMHB goes undefeated and Springfield were upset, would HSU jump Springfield in the criteria?

wally_wabash

If Springfield loses, for sure.  Hardin-Simmons may well be selected before Springfield even if Springfield gets to 10-0 and Springfield would wind up going in via Pool C as Centre did a few years ago. 
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Ralph Turner

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 09, 2017, 11:58:37 AM
If Springfield loses, for sure.  Hardin-Simmons may well be selected before Springfield even if Springfield gets to 10-0 and Springfield would wind up going in via Pool C as Centre did a few years ago.
Wally, I am glad to hear your assessment. I did not want to sound like a "homer" on that point.

I would love to see HSU versus Springfield, even if it meant flying the Cowboys to Massachusetts!

A Pool B bid for HSU would take care of worthy team

Pool C for undefeated Springfield would seal up the East Region for a Pool C bid, and then throw the remaining 4 Pool C bids back to the selection committee.

Back in 2005, we had the Division IV Discussion when about 100 schools wanted to pull out.

If we had D-IV and a bid-to-access ratio of 1:6.5 for football, like we do for Hoops and Baseball, then we might have about a 12-team playoff for D-IV*** and its 80 schools and about a 26-team playoff of the remaining 170 schools in D-3.  Those extra 6 bids would alleviate the log jam that we have with the #2 and #3 and #4 contenders for Pool C in the Regional Rankings.

smedindy

Wasn't part of the (thankfully) stillborn D-4 idea was that they're wouldn't be playoffs there?

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Quote from: smedindy on October 17, 2017, 11:45:33 AM
Wasn't part of the (thankfully) stillborn D-4 idea was that they're wouldn't be playoffs there?

Hmm... if that was the case (and I can't remember), I would have thought some of those involved would not have been... and others would have been more interested. I could be wrong, but I don't remember the playoffs being part of that. Heck, those schools could still say they are not interested if they wanted to (i.e. NESCAC football).
Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Pat Coleman

There was definitely discussion about whether a national championship would be offered in "D-IV" but since we didn't get far enough down that road, there was no actual decision.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

Pool B for 2017.

UMHB beat Chapman in the first round, 50-6.

Springfield lost to Husson in the first round, 21-23.

Ralph Turner

Thomas More just saw its Pool B chances evaporate. The Saints miss a 34yd FG wide right with 2:08 left.

Muhlenberg marches down the field and converts a 20 yd FG at the buzzer to win 34-31.  If Muhlenberg runs the table, they are in good position maybe to host a two games, depending on the rest of the season in the Presidents AC.

ADL70

Quote from: Ralph Turner on October 13, 2018, 02:40:20 PM
Thomas More just saw its Pool B chances evaporate. The Saints miss a 34yd FG wide right with 2:08 left.

Muhlenberg marches down the field and converts a 20 yd FG at the buzzer to win 34-31.  If Muhlenberg runs the table, they are in good position maybe to host a two games, depending on the rest of the season in the Presidents AC.

TMC still has to play St. John's, so they likely are 6-3 vs D3.  Which pretty much leaves B to the NEWMAC.  Merch Marine (5-1) has to play 5-2 Coast Guard and MIT (6-0) has CG and 5-2 Springfield.
SPARTANS...PREPARE FOR GLORY
HA-WOO, HA-WOO, HA-WOO
Think beyond the possible.
Compete, Win, Respect, Unite

smedindy

I don't know. If the NEWMAC feasts on each other, TMC may have enough SOS to overcome the 6-3 record.