MBB: Old Dominion Athletic Conference

Started by steelyglen, February 15, 2005, 09:11:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScotsFan

Quote from: hasanova on March 10, 2010, 10:41:43 PM
Speaking of tickets, Ragan-Brown does list 2500 and I'd say that's about right.  Last weekend's games were 2100 and 2150 and this weekend might be even better.  I spoke to the ticket folks today and they said sales were brisk.  We're expecting a great contingent from EMU, a fair crowd from CoW and probably not so many from Whitworth (Spokane is a long way!).  I'm guessing Guilford will have 1500-1600 fans, so .... perhaps close to a full house.

It will be interesting to see how many Wooster fans make the trek south this weekend.  I know back in 2007 Wooster got shipped up to St. John Fisher which was over 5 hrs away and from what I recall, there was a pretty good Wooster contingent that made the trek that weekend.  Charlotte is only about 2 hrs further than Rochester, so I would probably expect a pretty good Wooster turnout this weekend.  Wooster always seems to have a pretty good road following.  I wish I was making the trek, but with a spring break trip planned in 3 weeks, I can't really justify a weekend trip to Charlotte financially.

Should be some good basketball and I plan on tuning in to the video feed while listening to Wooster's radio feed of the game!  8-)

baselinejam

Alas, I'm still on the outside looking in. Still I thought the rest of the ODAC might like seeing the brackets (if you haven't already).

http://www.ncaa.com/brackets/2010/ncaa_bracket_DIII_basketball_men.html

Good Luck!
If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot. Dean Smith

hasanova

Quote from: ScotsFan on March 11, 2010, 10:02:39 AM
Quote from: hasanova on March 10, 2010, 10:41:43 PM
Speaking of tickets, Ragan-Brown does list 2500 and I'd say that's about right.  Last weekend's games were 2100 and 2150 and this weekend might be even better.  I spoke to the ticket folks today and they said sales were brisk.  We're expecting a great contingent from EMU, a fair crowd from CoW and probably not so many from Whitworth (Spokane is a long way!).  I'm guessing Guilford will have 1500-1600 fans, so .... perhaps close to a full house.

It will be interesting to see how many Wooster fans make the trek south this weekend.  I know back in 2007 Wooster got shipped up to St. John Fisher which was over 5 hrs away and from what I recall, there was a pretty good Wooster contingent that made the trek that weekend.  Charlotte is only about 2 hrs further than Rochester, so I would probably expect a pretty good Wooster turnout this weekend.  Wooster always seems to have a pretty good road following.  I wish I was making the trek, but with a spring break trip planned in 3 weeks, I can't really justify a weekend trip to Charlotte financially.

Should be some good basketball and I plan on tuning in to the video feed while listening to Wooster's radio feed of the game!  8-)
I just want to make sure any CoW fans drive to Greensboro and not Charlotte ... they're about 90-100 miles apart!

Guilford College, 5800 West Friendly Ave, Greensboro, NC 27410 (Guilford County)  

ScotsFan

LOL!  I don't know why I had Charlotte on my brain?!  :P  I guess my morning caffine fix hadn't set in yet!  ;D

Brian Hamilton

Got to love the NCAA.   :o  They have Macon listed on their bracket as Randolph Macon.  How hard would it be to include the - and write Randolph-Macon.

hasanova

Quote from: ScotsFan on March 11, 2010, 02:45:24 PM
LOL!  I don't know why I had Charlotte on my brain?!  :P  I guess my morning caffine fix hadn't set in yet!  ;D
Not a problem (unless someone drove to Charlotte by mistake!).  lol  Since Charlotte and Raleigh are NC's two largest cities, it certainly makes sense that folks outside the state might think of one of those two first.  Greensboro, by the way, is about 250,000 and Winston-Salem and High Point are also in the Triad metro-area, so there's a good cross-section of things to do.  

hasanova

Quote from: Brian Hamilton on March 11, 2010, 02:55:50 PM
Got to love the NCAA.   :o  They have Macon listed on their bracket as Randolph Macon.  How hard would it be to include the - and write Randolph-Macon.
Reminds me of when the power plant gave Homer Simpson a computer and allowed him to work from home.  Homer got all excited when he reasoned he had just "tripled his output" when all he had to do was type the letter "Y" instead of laboriously typing the word "YES."  :)

donho

It is time to show what ya got JACKETS!!!! Enjoy the chance!
  Lets meet Guilford in Salem!

BbSpecial

Quote from: donho on March 11, 2010, 04:23:43 PM
  It is time to show what ya got JACKETS!!!! Enjoy the chance!
  Lets meet Guilford in Salem!
You don't want to give EMU another chance in Salem? ;)

Good Luck to all teams! You and 15 others are making a lot of people very happy out there!

(...and Go Royals! ;D)

donho

Bbspecial, I have had enough of EMU for this year ! 8-) It's time to have at it with Guilford again.
All that will only happen if we take care of business this weekend.

BbSpecial

Quote from: donho on March 11, 2010, 05:25:55 PM
Bbspecial, I have had enough of EMU for this year ! 8-) It's time to have at it with Guilford again.
All that will only happen if we take care of business this weekend.
Yup, we ALL need to take care of bidness! I have some wonderful friends at R-MC (hyphen incl) and will be rooting for you! All the best!

sludge

Imderekpoe posted  this on the North Coast board in the Great Lakes region.  There's a link to a really useful view of the stats for teams in the Guilford sectional.  Thanks, imderekpoe.

Quote from: imderekpoe on March 11, 2010, 10:00:58 PM
I put together the stats and rosters for the teams in the Guilford Sectional. 

They can be accessed here:  http://www.jtaswell.com/D3BB/2010_Guilford_Sectional.htm

royalrooter

I'm thinking I might want to catch some NC BBQ as we are getting to town. We'll be coming from the north on 220 and New Garden Rd. We won't have much time to waste. Good and quick would be the priorities. I know BBQ preference is about like scripture interpretation but recommendations will be appreciated.

fantastic50

You're coming from the wrong direction...my favorite BBQ place in the region is Hursey's, in the Burlington/Graham area.  (If I've confused anyone from the NCAC board, I work at Wooster. but grew up in NC.)

hasanova

Quote from: royalrooter on March 12, 2010, 07:48:21 AM
I'm thinking I might want to catch some NC BBQ as we are getting to town. We'll be coming from the north on 220 and New Garden Rd. We won't have much time to waste. Good and quick would be the priorities. I know BBQ preference is about like scripture interpretation but recommendations will be appreciated.
If you stay on US 220 South (Battleground Avenue) and go past New Garden Rd, Stamey's BBQ will be a mile or so on the left.  It's a Greensboro favorite and it'll be easy to backtrack to New Garden Road.