FB: Empire 8

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Upstate

Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 23, 2017, 08:17:47 PM
Face palm

There goes my off season optimism

Maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle with one of the freshman and some of their defensive freshman recruits make a huge impact!

Can only hope at this point.

It's a shame too, their top 4 WRs are stacked with Coon, Collichio, Blake and Harrington. Just won't have a proven guy to get them the ball.

Also not seeing some of the highly anticipated recruits they advertised on Twitter on the roster. There was that DL from Florida I was excited for as well as a big lineman from Buffalo.
The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

AUPepBand

Quote from: Upstate on August 23, 2017, 09:53:26 PM
Quote from: fisheralum91 on August 23, 2017, 08:17:47 PM
Face palm

There goes my off season optimism

Maybe they'll catch lightning in a bottle with one of the freshman and some of their defensive freshman recruits make a huge impact!

Can only hope at this point.

It's a shame too, their top 4 WRs are stacked with Coon, Collichio, Blake and Harrington. Just won't have a proven guy to get them the ball.

Also not seeing some of the highly anticipated recruits they advertised on Twitter on the roster. There was that DL from Florida I was excited for as well as a big lineman from Buffalo.

Come on, Fisher Fans, you know darn well that the Cardinals will be at the top of the heap, like always. Doesn't seem to matter who's taking snaps, Vosburgh's boys are always ready to play and pull it together when they need to.

Pep also expects Cortland State to be vying for another NCAA playoff AQ after an unusual so-so '16 season marred by injuries. And we all know Brockport State is loaded and the Eagles are soaring. Jerry Boyes has probably the best E8 RB in his stable with Dale Stewart...the Bengals could make some noise. Hartwick will air it out as always. And Coach Faggiano has his Utica Club knocking on the E8 title door.

Looking to Pep like another Empire 8 Dogfight!

Can AU put together back-to-back doctoral-diagnosis-defying walk-on-water seasons or was 2016 a one-time miracle year?
Time will tell.....stay tuned, and get the fight song ready!

On Saxon Warriors!

On Saxon Warriors! On to Victory!
...Fight, fight for Alfred, A-L-F, R-E-D!

Bombers798891

I am always amused at how quickly Fisher pessimism arrives. As I will never get tired of telling, the questioning of benching Fenti for the Alfred game in 2013 to let Naton get a jump on 2014, only to see Fisher ride Fenti to the national quarterfinals will never not be my favorite post on this board.

Fisher's won at least 7 games for 14 straight seasons, and at least 8 in 11 of them. Yeah, everyone is good until they aren't, and poor QB play can sabotage anyone, but don't you guys think Vosburgh's earned the chance to get his team on the field before you lose your optimism? IC's breaking in a whole new everything, Alfred has to replace a second-team AA at QB and three all-region linemen. Brockport lost their HM All-American RB. Everyone has question marks at this point

Upstate

Yes it's a pessimistic outlook, however the offense has been masking the defensive concerns for a few years now. If they can't do that this year, I don't see them finishing above .500...

The views expressed in the above post do not represent the views of St. John Fisher College, their athletic department, their coaching staff or their players. I am an over zealous antagonist that does not have any current connection to the institution I attended.

Bombers798891

Quote from: Upstate on August 24, 2017, 12:39:32 PM
Yes it's a pessimistic outlook, however the offense has been masking the defensive concerns for a few years now. If they can't do that this year, I don't see them finishing above .500...

Fair. Fisher's defense wasn't very good last year, I admit

boobyhasgameyo

I'm optimistic about this season.  It's not all dark clouds. 

Let's not talk about the defense though.  Otherwise that one Fisher poster is going to come back and rant against them for the millionth time.  I'm not ready to deal with that yet. 

Upstate

Quote from: Bombers798891 on August 24, 2017, 01:54:45 PM
Quote from: Upstate on August 24, 2017, 12:39:32 PM

Fair. Fisher's defense wasn't very good last year, I admit

Or the year before.

2016- 27.6 pts/384yds per game
2015- 26.7 pts/370yds per game

In 2014/2012 when they were allowing under 16 points a game they had guys like Judd/Andrews/Benderski and other big defensive lineman who could occupy multiple lineman as well as get up the field to allow the LBers to make plays.

The past two years the DL has been on the smallish side that have been pushed around and didn't make very many plays in the backfield.

The three down lineman is a great philosophy if you have the horses up front, if not you're just creating too many natural gaps that offenses can exploit.

Upstate

Quote from: boobyhasgameyo on August 24, 2017, 02:00:46 PM
I'm optimistic about this season.  It's not all dark clouds. 

Let's not talk about the defense though.  Otherwise that one Fisher poster is going to come back and rant against them for the millionth time.  I'm not ready to deal with that yet.

He was right...

He was just a dick...

Bengalsrule

I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones today. I'm 18 minutes from watching this years pre season #14 Hobart Statesmen, take on my beloved Buffalo State Bengals, at Coyer field,  in a controlled scrimmage.  Great measuring stick for my Bengals!

Stay tuned!!!

Bengalsrule

Strange start to a "scrimmage". Hobart kickoffs to Buff State. Bengals return 20 yards. Then Buff State kicks off to Hobart on the very next play.  Now Hobart has the ball! Different format than my college days!!!

Bengalsrule

Hobart qb is surgical.A perfect 40 yd skinny post followed by a 15 comeback to the outside !

D3viewer

"Let's not talk about the defense though.  Otherwise that one Fisher poster is going to come back and rant against them for the millionth time.  I'm not ready to deal with that yet."

LOL. It's like the movie "Candyman"

sjfcards

Fisher was supposed to scrimmage U of R today at 4. Any word out there on how it went?
GO FISHER!!!

Upstate

It'll be interesting to see who got the nod at QB today for Fisher.

Bartman

Quote from: Bengalsrule on August 24, 2017, 06:45:25 PM
  I guess I'm one of the fortunate ones today. I'm 18 minutes from watching this years pre season #14 Hobart Statesmen, take on my beloved Buffalo State Bengals, at Coyer field,  in a controlled scrimmage.  Great measuring stick for my Bengals!

Stay tuned!!!
I heard it was a great tune up for both teams. The Bengals are totally respected by Hobart coaches.  I know Hobart did not want to keep the first string out too long to avoid injury , but really needed to figure out the depth chart with some live action.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath