FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UfanBill

Quote from: Oline79 on April 06, 2018, 09:52:42 PM
Mount Ida dropping fall sports means teams in the ECFC need opponents for open dates. Castleton has an open date 9/29, maybe a homecoming opponent for Hobart?

As far as I know currently Union does not have a 10th game scheduled. They also have an open date on 9/29, so maybe THEY'LL be the ones that schedule Castleton (they have scrimmaged Castleton before as I recall). Union also has an open date on 10/27, a day that Mt. Ida was set to host Dean. Dean and Union could fill each others schedule with that matchup.

"You don't stop playing because you got old, you got old because you stopped playing" 🏈🏀⚾🎿⛳

ITH radio

Gallaudet played Mt Ida in Wk 5 last season, was supposed to be same wkd so I'm guessing the Bison could be in the running too. They came to Geneva in 2013 in the 1st rd of the NCAAs.
Follow us on twitter @D3FBHuddle

Oline89

Looks like Gallaudet had Mt Ida on 10/6 for 2018. I think the Union schedule has Hobart on that day, on a twitter post, but neither school has posted an official schedule. Hopefully the AD's at both schools are working the phone lines this weekend!  Besides the LL schools, I am not sure anyone else would still have open dates so late in the season

Oline89

Quote from: UfanBill on April 07, 2018, 05:44:30 PM
Quote from: Oline79 on April 06, 2018, 09:52:42 PM
Mount Ida dropping fall sports means teams in the ECFC need opponents for open dates. Castleton has an open date 9/29, maybe a homecoming opponent for Hobart?

As far as I know currently Union does not have a 10th game scheduled. They also have an open date on 9/29, so maybe THEY'LL be the ones that schedule Castleton (they have scrimmaged Castleton before as I recall). Union also has an open date on 10/27, a day that Mt. Ida was set to host Dean. Dean and Union could fill each others schedule with that matchup.

Interesting, Hobart also has an open date on 10/27.  Best case:  Hobart/Castleton 9/29, Union/Hobart 10/6, Union/Dean 10/27.  Union bye week 9/29, Hobart bye week 10/27......10 games for all!

Oline89

Not sure where else to post this, but....very cool to see a D3 Ball player on ESPN yesterday in the NCAA slam dunk contest!  Congrats to SUNY Purchase Max Pearce, only D3 player in the contest, he performed a sick one handed dunk while taking a selfie.  Nice!

Oline89

Hobart schedule posted on Instagram, looks like 9 games

ITH radio

Bummer. I actually spoke to Coach Cragg yesterday and he had a colorful word or two to describe some of the programs that turned them down ;)

http://hwsathletics.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=1317&path=football

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on April 11, 2018, 02:50:22 PM
Bummer. I actually spoke to Coach Cragg yesterday and he had a colorful word or two to describe some of the programs that turned them down ;)

I would love to hear the dirty  details sometime......Are you interviewing him for the next ITH podcast?

SaintsFAN

Quote from: Oline79 on April 11, 2018, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: ITH radio on April 11, 2018, 02:50:22 PM

I would love to hear the dirty  details sometime......Are you interviewing him for the next ITH podcast?

They should have a conversation with Thomas More for 2019, provided the Saints stay in D3. 
AMC Champs: 1991-1992-1993-1994-1995
HCAC Champs: 2000, 2001
PAC Champs:  2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
Bridge Bowl Champs:  1990-1991-1992-1993-1994-1995-2002-2003-2006-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013 (SERIES OVER)
Undefeated: 1991, 1995, 2001, 2009, 2010, 2015
Instances where MSJ quit the Bridge Bowl:  2

ITH radio

Not a bad idea, Buff St coming over officially will help, but I believe the series with Endicott will end and perhaps the Shenandoah one also, so they will still be looking for games.

As for Cragg, we might have him back on at some point, but he's been on the show a fair amount over the years. We'll prepare and post a preseason show sometime the week of August 27 since games kickoff on the 30th. Until then, we will monitor these boards and news per usual.

Hopefully some of the OAC guys will eventually drop the back and forth with Frank.

Pat Coleman

Quote from: ITH radio on April 11, 2018, 03:05:30 PM
Not a bad idea, Buff St coming over officially will help, but I believe the series with Endicott will end and perhaps the Shenandoah one also, so they will still be looking for games.

As for Cragg, we might have him back on at some point, but he's been on the show a fair amount over the years. We'll prepare and post a preseason show sometime the week of August 27 since games kickoff on the 30th. Until then, we will monitor these boards and news per usual.

Hopefully some of the OAC guys will eventually drop the back and forth with Frank.

It takes two to have a back and forth.
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

ITH radio

DeWall has been tweeting out the new FY players joining Hobart today and most of last week. RPI has been doing the same, albeit more sporadically from what I've seen. Lots of NJ / Long Island guys for the Statesmen while RPI has gotten some from states you normally don't see in D3 like TN. Statesmen did get one OL from Kentucky which was neat, and 3 Miami / Palm Beach area kids which has been Kevin's MO for several years. One of the FL kids is a LB with a strong HS resume and could get thrown into the fire early on given the graduations / departures there.

Oline89

Quote from: ITH radio on April 16, 2018, 12:44:42 PM
DeWall has been tweeting out the new FY players joining Hobart today and most of last week. RPI has been doing the same, albeit more sporadically from what I've seen. Lots of NJ / Long Island guys for the Statesmen while RPI has gotten some from states you normally don't see in D3 like TN. Statesmen did get one OL from Kentucky which was neat, and 3 Miami / Palm Beach area kids which has been Kevin's MO for several years. One of the FL kids is a LB with a strong HS resume and could get thrown into the fire early on given the graduations / departures there.

I really like the Hudl video of the OL from KY and DT from FL.  They both have very quick feet, and explosive off the line.  One of the other FL kids is a very quick wide receiver, with break away speed, nowhere near the length of Shed, but certainly fast.  We can't forget that last year's recruiting class was also outstanding, DE, DB, OG, and RB in particular.  Since there were only 2 JV games, it was very hard to get a feel for how they will perform on the field, but on paper there is an outstanding group. 

ITH radio

ITH radio