FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

That kick was ridiculous.   Just...   Wow.
St. John's Football: Ordinary people doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.

WWW.JOHNNIEFOOTBALL.COM

Weak Safety

desertcat1

Quote from: UMHBalum-n-Catland on November 06, 2005, 10:27:12 AM
mhb8904,

This week Linfield was to play Lewis and Clark. At the last minute, L&C chose to not play its Northwest Conference schedule this year. As a  result, all league teams had a hole to fill. Linfield was unable to find an opponent. It messed up a lot of plans.  As a "replacement," some Wildcat alumni played the JV. I think many season ticket holders returned their tickets for a refund.

You are WRONG  about that..   UMHBalum. 
The AD  Said "  VERY FEW season ticket holders returned their tickets for refunds"  Most real cat fans donated the price of the tickets to Sports programs with out refunding ..   And over 800 hundred showed up in the rain to watch the J V's play the Older Cats..   JV's 20, Older CATS 17.
" If you are going to be a bear, be a Grizzly"

C.W. Smith

Kelly Boggs

My bad desertcat1, Sorry that I was WRONG. Please forgive me for misspeaking.  I guess I should have qualified it by saying "most of the fans people that sit around me returned their season tickets for refunds." Sorry we don't qualify as "real" Wildcat fans.

UMHB alumnus and proud supporter of The CRU. "UP with the PURPLE!" 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas." - Darrell Royal

"Never make excuses. Your friends don't need them and your foes won't believe them." John Wooden

Ron Boerger

Quote from: Warren Thompson on November 06, 2005, 10:41:12 AM
Does anyone have an explanation for TLU's nosedive this season?

Warren, you sent me a note on this and I never got back to you ... probably because I don't really have much of an explanation.  Not even sure why Vyvial was in at QB yesterday.  Maybe teams just weren't taken by surprise like they were last season.   Or maybe they saw last year's gameplan and made the defensive adjustments necessary to contain the TLU offense. 

Pat Coleman

Quote from: desertcat1 on November 06, 2005, 12:33:07 PM
And over 800 hundred showed up ...

Wow, that's quite a crowd, 800 hundred. Big Ten-worthy. Most people refer to that as 80,000, though. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Ralph Turner

Crukid, mhb8904, Pottsy, UMHB-Catland, Crualum, RooCru, Bill and Stephen,

Thanks for the info and feeback on the UMHB-McM game.  A radio account doesn't give all of the information and the story can come out afterwards from first-hand accounts.  This feeling must partially simulate that of the Mount Union 66-0 pasting of Bridgewater in the 2003 Semifinals. :(

A total whoopin'...  UMHB has the quickest defense that we have seen, which was the answer to Sellers.  I hope y'all can keep that ferocity.  It would be nice to have a Stagg Bowl Trophy (Walnut and Bronze) back in Texas.

Ralph Turner

:D  And the irony of the UMHB-McM game... I had Zach Newcomb as my kicker on my Fantasy League team.  I had projected him for about 10 points, 2 FG's and 4 PAT's.

I take a 72 point pasting and I don't get the benefit for my Fantasy Team!  A little whine with my jalapenos and queso! :D

Toby Taff

Quote from: Ralph Turner on November 06, 2005, 02:42:37 PM

It would be nice to have a Stagg Bowl Trophy (Walnut and Bronze) back in Texas.

Indeed it would ::)
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

billybaroo

There are many good players in the ASC but after watching the game Saturday I don't think there are many as good as Josh Kubiak that kid can flat out play and man will he hit you he has my vote for Defensive Player of the Year (even though I don't get to vote). What are some other players up for end of season honors. And I also don't think that you can throw out Sellers as the OPY He is the reason my McMurry has won as many games this year as they have. He had a bad game Saturday but not many have looked good against the Cru D this year.

Warren Thompson

BfB:

The TLU Web-page says Salinas was injured and did not play. More woes for the Bulldogs?

dsc

Ralph,

Thanks for keeping all the letter posters straight on the "responses" on the Homepage!

(Reference the Pool A/C bids and all.)

We can always depend on you!

With much appreciation...
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dsc

Wow!  What a weekend for Hardin-Simmons!

HSU claimed conference championships in:

Men's Soccer (2-0) over U of Ozarks
Women's Soccer (1-0) over UT-Dallas (2 OT)

Austin College won the ASC Women's Volleyball Championship over runner-up HSU (3-0)  (I think this is only the second year for volleyball at HSU)

Yeah, I know this is a football board.  So..the football Cowboys should win the ASC title (notice I said "title" not championship  ;D) next weekend with a win over TLC.)  Be prepared, Cowboys!

HSU is now ranked #8.  UMHB is #4.....and seems to get better each week!  I hope they both go deep in to the playoffs!!!

Good luck and stay healthy!
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

cover2

I thought I was going to get the opportunity to play yesterday vs. McMurry but the game ended before they started pulling fans from my section....bummer!!

If only I'd gotten the section D tickets as opposed to Section E!!!

Bill McCabe

I thought Josh Kubiak should have been a pre-season all-american based on his performance last year.  He was incredible in the playoffs.  He has gotten better each week this year.  Hope he can be an all american at the end of the year.  A Stagg Bowl championship would be nice, too! :)