FB: American Southwest Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:08:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roocru

Ralph, in reply to your gracious post #1540,

You are right.  It is an awful feeling  :(  I have had my share of those in my 44 years of  playing, coaching and administering athletics.  Just remember how far the Indians have come this year as an improved team and focus on the highlights of this season as opposed to this one game.  That's what I do every week with Austin College  ;)

In addition, someone beat me to the post of the AC volleyball team winning the title,  but there was also a diver from AC, Austin Belrose, who qualified for the Nationals in the 1 meter diving as well as setting a new school record. 

Go Roos !!!!!!!  Go Cru !!
Anything that you ardently desire, vividly imagine, totally believe and enthusiastically pursue will inevitably come to pass !!!

aggielmt

Do y'all think the crusaders passing game has been effected this year with the loss of Austin Schrader and without the leadership of last years seniors

billybaroo

Quote from: Bill McCabe on November 06, 2005, 09:19:21 PM
I thought Josh Kubiak should have been a pre-season all-american based on his performance last year.  He was incredible in the playoffs.  He has gotten better each week this year.  Hope he can be an all american at the end of the year.  A Stagg Bowl championship would be nice, too! :)

I will second that Bill. I will also second your post about losing giving the Cru a wake up call. Yesterday was the second time all year that the Saders played well on both sides of the ball the first being Hardin-Simmons. I feel a rool starting for the Cru just like the one they had last year. And with the Regional Rankings if I understand what every body else is breaking it down if those rankings hold UMHB could host 2 play-off games that would be wild.

baddog

Was UMHB unjustifiably running up the score? Who knows?
If so, it is simply a lack of class. :-\
If not, McM just stunk up the place after leaving it all out on the field against HSU.
Funny thing, though: back a few years ago when McM was respectable and running up the score with anyone they could, they thought it was fine and could not understand anyone's protest. Now, that they are, arguably, on the other end of the stick, they whine. :'(
Seems like another case of "What goes around comes around".
That's why there is next year.
To anyone -- You don't like gettin' whipped? Good. Then stay in school, get into the weight room, work on conditioning, learn the playbook and plenty of discipline, strap it on next season and take it to them.
Not really a bad dog. Just misunderstood!

Toby Taff

Quote from: baddog on November 06, 2005, 10:55:01 PM
Was UMHB unjustifiably running up the score? Who knows?

If not, McM just stunk up the place after leaving it all out on the field against HSU.

I'm going with this option.  I was just looking at the history of this game since 1999 here are the scores:

1999--McM 21  MHB 7
2000--McM   6  MHB 20
2002--McM   7  MHB 59
2003--McM   6  MHB 63
2004--McM  23 MHB 73
2005--McM    0 MHB 72
---------------------------------
Total Pts    63        294

It seems that everytime these two meet up it gets ugly.
My wife and I are Alumni of both UMHB and HSU.  You think you are confused, my kids don't know which Purple and Gold team to pull for.

CruGuy

Quote from: aggielmt on November 06, 2005, 10:32:00 PM
Do y'all think the crusaders passing game has been effected this year with the loss of Austin Schrader and without the leadership of last years seniors

I don't think having Austin Schrader would make any difference in the crusader passing right now...he was a great receiver though, it would be real reassuring to have him and walter sharp running around cacthin balls right now.

minni

I realize this is a football board but I would ask that yall be in prayer for the Alvarez family.  Eric was a former Baseball player at HSU and died in a car accident this past weekend.  He was in the car with his wife and another family member.  His wife was the only one that lived and I heard she is not doing to well herself.  Im sure the family would appreciate your prayers.  It always tough when you lose a Cowboy.

Ralph Turner

SRDAD

What goes around Does come around....
  I remember the other day in Alpine, McM was still talking and taunting the kids working in the cafeteria as they ate there free meal at Sul Ross....and even out of the bus windows as they pulled off...talking that started a bench clearing in the game...a whopping 48- 43 victory.....
  My high school coaches taught me long ago (long, long ago) that you aint thinking about football if you're talking.....
  Go SRSU....and congrats on the win over a good TLU team....

Bill McCabe

Austin and Walter Sharp were great players last year.  I think UMHB has had a more difficult time replacing Sharp. 

hpudad

A lot of great games in the ASC this week.  My HPU note of the week.  HPU won their game against LC.  HPU had six Int this game.  Two more and they will break the ASC record for most Int in a season.  The current record is held by UMHB at 28 for 15 games.  HPU has 27 in 9 games.  During the game at about 11 minutes in the 3rd QTR the second and third team players were in the game.  At the end of the game HPU 3rd team offense was moving the ball and were on the 2 yard line when the game ended.

This was the last home game for the seniors and it was a nice way to play the last game on the home field.

Coach Redwine and his staff has done a great job with the team.  The season started kind of rough but HPU seems to be playing great at the end of the season.  Next week HPU plays at Mississippi College.  Hopefully HPU will finish 7-3 overall and 7-2 in the ASC.

Go Jackets!!!  
"Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. "
Abraham Lincoln, (attributed)
16th president of US (1809 - 1865)

dsc

Thanks Minni,

The Alvarez family will be in my prayers!

That was sad news.....
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

dsc

hpudad,

I agree...Howard Payne can be proud of their season! :)
HARDIN-SIMMONS UNIVERSITY: AN EDUCATION ENLIGHTENED BY FAITH.

Bill McCabe

7-3, 7-2 for HPU is outstanding.  Should be a good building block for next season.  Congratulations on a great season.

Thomas

HPU dad , I bet you men wish  had that ETBU game back.