FB: Liberty League

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 04:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Bear

Quote from: hazzben on October 03, 2022, 10:44:12 AM
Was at a work deal in Las Vegas last week and had a convo with the guy who runs the Cornell Bookstore. He mentioned he went to college "on the other side of the hill." I think I stunned him a bit when I started riffing on Ithaca football, the beautiful stadium, Cortaca Jug, Union, RPI, etc. He was even more confused when I told him I live in Minneapolis and have never been to Ithaca or the Finger Lakes region.

I made sure to mention to my wife that all my useless d3 football knowledge and time on these boards may have been beneficial in a work setting. TBD if there's any monetary gain to had from the conversation, but I was definitely memorable  ;D 8-)

Ice Bear immediately throws hazzben some +k for his share on the LLPP. Welcome hazzben and know you are always welcome here. Ice says the LLPP has some magic for sure, hopefully enough to score you some financial gain. Ice wil break out the cliche and remind us all how small of a mother****ing world it is out there.

Ice sends his condolences to Bartman and wishes him well on his short hiatus after what must have been a tough loss at the hands of the Bombers. Ice says to stay strong and positive Bartman as this LLPPer will never count the Pumpkins out.
A long time fan of DIII Football!

Ice Bear

Ice will also be off the boards for a couple of days. The Bear is headed out to LA to see Wu-Tang and Nas at the Hollywood Bowl.

wally_wabash

Quote from: Ice Bear on October 03, 2022, 11:58:22 AM
Ice will also be off the boards for a couple of days. The Bear is headed out to LA to see Wu-Tang and Nas at the Hollywood Bowl.

WW hopes the Bear has a good time out here in Southern California. The Hollywood Bowl is a ****ing great place to catch a show.
"Nothing in the world is more expensive than free."- The Deacon of HBO's The Wire

Bartman

I can see IB hangin in the Pool Circle right in front of his favorite Rap artists at The Bowl.....although I figured IB was more of a Smashing Pumpkins kind of bear, especially  as a Dutchmen fan...... Bartman  likes anything with Pumpkins....have fun and stay safe.
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

Ice Bear

Quote from: wally_wabash on October 03, 2022, 12:39:01 PM

WW hopes the Bear has a good time out here in Southern California. The Hollywood Bowl is a ****ing great place to catch a show.

Ice Bear thanks you Wally. He's excited as his northeast ass has never been.

Ice Bear

Quote from: Bartman on October 03, 2022, 03:21:02 PM
I can see IB hangin in the Pool Circle right in front of his favorite Rap artists at The Bowl.....although I figured IB was more of a Smashing Pumpkins kind of bear, especially  as a Dutchmen fan...... Bartman  likes anything with Pumpkins....have fun and stay safe.

Ice Bear says thanks Bartman. The Bear is as big Dead fan but there has always been something about that Wu-Tang since the early 90's.

Pat Coleman

Was at a work deal in Las Vegas last week and had a convo with the guy who runs the Cornell Bookstore. He mentioned he went to college "on the other side of the hill." I think I stunned him a bit when I started riffing on Ithaca football, the beautiful stadium, Cortaca Jug, Union, RPI, etc. He was even more confused when I told him I live in Minneapolis and have never been to Ithaca or the Finger Lakes region.

I made sure to mention to my wife that all my useless d3 football knowledge and time on these boards may have been beneficial in a work setting. TBD if there's any monetary gain to be had from the conversation, but I was definitely memorable  ;D 8-)

Hell yeah -- my superpower in any networking conversation is when you ask someone where they went to school, and they say, "Oh, you've never heard of it."
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.

Bartman

Quote from: Pat Coleman on October 03, 2022, 05:54:13 PM

I made sure to mention to my wife that all my useless d3 football knowledge and time on these boards may have been beneficial in a work setting. TBD if there's any monetary gain to be had from the conversation, but I was definitely memorable  ;D 8-)

Hell yeah -- my superpower in any networking conversation is when you ask someone where they went to school, and they say, "Oh, you've never heard of it."
Hollywood Hobart Grads bring notoriety to the Orange and Purple:

This scene put Hobart on the map ;D    https://youtu.be/jsYabFqmuX8

Or Bartman's favorite golf cart from 22 Jump Street(minute 4:24) https://youtu.be/Wb4o1huQIvk(Bartman, himself , appearance at 5:15)
"I never graduated from Iowa, but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's."
Alex Karras
"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Max McGee
"I love football. I really love football, As far as I'm concerned, it's the second best thing in the world".
Joe Namath

hazzben

100%

Ice Bear

Ice Bear sends his congratulations to Sr. WR Ike Irabor and Fr. QB Patch Flanagan on receiving LL Player of the week honors.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: hazzben on October 04, 2022, 09:59:14 AM

100%

Ha I had one of those two weeks ago!  Guy I work with tells me his daughter is a freshman and she was unsure of how she was going to like the school.  I asked what school and on cue he goes "you probably never heard of it."

The school?  Trinity (TX).

Of course I love to rattle off the mascot if I know it and impress people with my very useful d3 knowledge.  I was embarrassed that I forgot the "Tigers" though.  I had to go back and read up on ASC football schools that night of course.

Jonny Utah

Quote from: Ice Bear on October 04, 2022, 02:13:14 PM
Ice Bear sends his congratulations to Sr. WR Ike Irabor and Fr. QB Patch Flanagan on receiving LL Player of the week honors.

Patch Flannigan may be a first ballot entry for the LL name hall of fame. 

unionpalooza

Quote from: Jonny Utah on October 05, 2022, 08:37:00 AM
Quote from: Ice Bear on October 04, 2022, 02:13:14 PM

Patch Flannigan may be a first ballot entry for the LL name hall of fame.

This Dutchmen squad has well-named youngsters.  Don't sleep on sophomore DT Naz Armor, either.

hazzben

Quote from: Jonny Utah on October 05, 2022, 08:34:51 AM

100%

Ha I had one of those two weeks ago!  Guy I work with tells me his daughter is a freshman and she was unsure of how she was going to like the school.  I asked what school and on cue he goes "you probably never heard of it."

Of course I love to rattle off the mascot if I know it and impress people with my very useful d3 knowledge.  I was embarrassed that I forgot the "Tigers" though.  I had to go back and read up on ASC football schools that night of course.

yeah when I start in on the mascots the looks get really weird, lol

Pat Coleman

Quote from: hazzben on October 05, 2022, 11:08:06 AM
Quote from: Jonny Utah on October 05, 2022, 08:34:51 AM

100%

yeah when I start in on the mascots the looks get really weird, lol

Mascots and who your big archrival was/is. :)
Publisher. Questions? Check our FAQ for D3f, D3h.
Quote from: old 40 on September 25, 2007, 08:23:57 PMLet's discuss (sports) in a positive way, sometimes kidding each other with no disrespect.