MBB: St. Louis Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by FC News, March 01, 2005, 11:03:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hopefan

Font beats Mac, BC beats Greenville.....amazing
The only thing not to be liked in Florida is no D3 hoops!!!

BunchTime

Welp, just like that, left for dead several weeks ago (for first place, that is), Webster now controls it own destiny with the opportunity to host the conference tourney going into it's final game vs. Greenville. I think I'll have to venture over there for that one.

y_jack_lok

Quote from: hopefan on February 21, 2015, 06:04:08 PM
Font beats Mac, BC beats Greenville.....amazing

Would have been even more amazing -- and great for Webster -- if Westminster had beat Spalding.

Denny McKinney

I guess basketball has changed. Mac loses another game, while Johnson and Whitlock seem unstoppable. But, again they jack up the 3's (3-20) and take a loss. This is becoming a trend. Surely one of the asst coaches had to notice this. Maybe let Coach Creal know we might want to quit shooting them. Nah. Chicks dig the 3 ball. ;D ???

Now a Webster win at GC and a FU win at BC, sets up theses two in the #1 v. #4 game at WU. An amazing year to say the least. SMH

Hopefan, I pray your recovery is going well.

WU FAN

Well I can't believe that my scenario came true....but it did!  Big game for both Webster and Greenville on Tuesday.  Should be a lot of fun!

BunchTime

Gonna be a big day of hoops in the SLIAC on Tuesday.  Obviously, Webster vs Greenville with implications for both teams on the line. Webster wins, they host the conference tourney. Greenville fighting for a spot in the tourney. If they win and Fontboone wins (or they both lose), they'll finish tied for 4th. Don't know how the tiebreaker will shake out. Paging Hopefan?! Greenville coming off a bad loss, playing the conference big dog at home on senior night, they'll be amped and ready.

Fontbonne at Blackburn is other big one. Both teams coming off big wins. Obviously, only FU is playing for something in this one I'm sure Blackburn would love to play spoiler on senior night.

Let's go Gorloks!

haterinthehouse

GC had senior night today, BC already has had senior night. BC swept GC this season, and beat Eureka this past week.

BunchTime

I stand corrected on it being senior night at both places. Rather, the seniors last home game. The rest of the post remains true. BC sweeping GC will not have any implications I don't believe. I assume tiebreaker is head-to-head but if FU and GC both have the same result on Tuesday and indeed are tied for 4th, they will have gone 1-1 against each other. Unsure as to the tiebreaker.

WU FAN

The next tiebreaker is record vs. teams in descending order from first place. 

Fontbonne is 0-2 vs Webster, 1-1 vs Spalding, and 1-1 vs Mac.

Greenville is 0-1 vs Webster, 1-1 vs Spalding, and 1-1 vs Mac.

This gets real interesting now.  If both teams win then Greenville wins the tiebreaker.  If both teams lose then it heads down to 6th place which will be interesting because it could very well end up being Iowa Wesleyan, who didn't play yesterday, or to Eureka.  In that scenario Fontbonne is 0-2 vs IWC and 2-0 vs Eureka.  Greenville is 2-0 vs IWC and 1-1 vs Eureka.

While the level of play seems to be down in the SLIAC this year I can't remember ever having this much up in the air headed into the final game(s).  It's exciting to watch.....and poor Hopefan stuck watching it from the cheap seats!  This is his dream scenario!

hopefan

Quote from: WU FAN on February 22, 2015, 10:42:21 AM
  It's exciting to watch.....and poor Hopefan stuck watching it from the cheap seats!  This is his dream scenario!

Thanks WU fan...  hurtin' much more than I thought..... medications make it all a maze.... but yesterday, wow... Thing that is most stunning is BC over GC led by Reed Rustin 30 points.. Rusten, who has an amazing resemblance to the "Wonder Years"  character Paul (Kevin's best buddy), stands a very slender 6'4", had been averaging under 4 ppg... I imagine him lighting up Greenville's athletes and get to giggling... and it HURTS!!

Denny McKinney

From reliable sources. GC owns tiebreakers over FU.

CoachClarke

Quote from: Denny McKinney on February 21, 2015, 06:58:44 PM
I guess basketball has changed. Mac loses another game, while Johnson and Whitlock seem unstoppable. But, again they jack up the 3's (3-20) and take a loss. This is becoming a trend. Surely one of the asst coaches had to notice this. Maybe let Coach Creal know we might want to quit shooting them. Nah. Chicks dig the 3 ball. ;D ???

Gee Denny, you got us!  It's all part of a cunning plan to get more girls.  You are some kind of expert.  You should try coaching one day.  :D

Denny McKinney

Been there done that. Plus about 40 years of watching a pretty fair one. Just an observation of a couple of games. It was my idea of a little humor. I guess you've never heard the baseball line, "Chicks dig the long ball". Hang in there Coach!

Denny McKinney

My apologies go out to Coach Clark. I more than anyone know to keeps coaching critiques off this board. Coach a sincere best of luck goes out to you and your team. I would Like to blame my dumb a** comments on being laid up so long. But, there is no excuse for that.

hopefan

Quote from: Denny McKinney on February 23, 2015, 11:29:38 AM
My apologies go out to Coach Clark. I more than anyone know to keeps coaching critiques off this board. Coach a sincere best of luck goes out to you and your team. I would Like to blame my fund a** comments on being laid up so long. But, there is no excuse for that.

Heck Denny, I thought your excuse for Mac's unforgiveable losses was far kinder than words I was coming up with for the two guys jackin' up 3's game after game.  It sure as heck wasn't a part of Coach Creal's game plan.  I better stop now.... But I really feel for Coach Creal... This could have been Mac's year....