FB: Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference

Started by admin, August 16, 2005, 05:19:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

retagent

Workin'. Law Enforcement takes no holiday.

OldAuggie

Quote from: retagent on July 21, 2018, 08:58:39 AM
Quote from: OldAuggie on July 21, 2018, 08:45:24 AM
Quote from: art76 on July 20, 2018, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on July 20, 2018, 10:58:43 AM
In Alliance we have "Pond by the Tree".

+K for the effort!

(In Elkhart tonight and passing through Ohio tomorrow.)
On our drive to Ohio two weeks ago, we had to pull over before going over the bridge in South Chicago. Several inch thick bullet proof glass in the convenience store was really the only reminder of where we were. Went to the local CVS pharmacy, looked around a bit then found the freeway and drove to Sandusky. It was a Hard Core section of a hard core city. I like big cities and my family has no problem with them either but we have that classic upper midwest look which always draws stares from the locals.

Reminds me of a place in East St Louis. We would go there periodically for "Snoot" sandwiches. (Yes, it was a sandwich made from a shaved pig snout, slathered in BBQ sauce. Kind of like bacon without any meaty parts). They had a thick plexiglass window, with a small turntable at the bottom. You would put your money on it ($2.00 if memory serves) turn it so they could get the cash, then they would put the sandwich  on it and turn it so you could get that savory tidbit. Ahh, the good old days.
Had to be good, sounds like it was tasty and valuable.
MIAC champions 1928, 1997

MUC57

retagent

Didn't know you were in law enforcement. You guys put your lives on the line every day. You deserve the respect and admiration of all of us. Most of us wouldn't have the guts to do what you do/did! A very large "thank you".
But, having said that, the sandwich still sounds dreadful. I hope that's OK, SIR!
Best to ya!
I'm old! I get mixed up and I forget things! Go Everybody! 🏈 ☠

OzJohnnie

[  

MUC57

OzJohnnie

How do you do it? You always seem to have a response to everything. You, sir, are amazing. Would love to buy you and your roo a cold one. Or several. Watney's? That's all I know from down under.
Best to ya! ☠🏈🍺

Oops! Watney's is English. Foster's is Australian. Sorry. Although, Watney's is very good. G'day!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: MUC57 on July 22, 2018, 08:47:25 AM
Oops! Watney's is English. Foster's is Australian. Sorry. Although, Watney's is very good. G'day!

Fosters, surprisingly, isn't Australian anymore unless you buy it in Australia (which is hard to find).  The rights to the Foster's label outside Australia were sold long ago by Carlton United Brewing.  In the late 80's I think.  Heineken bought it, I believe, but I can't remember anymore.
[  

MUC57

Oz

Thanks for the update on Foster's. What is one of the more popular beers down there? Would like to know so I can offer to buy you several - sometime! In the meantime, Go Johnnies! ☠🏈🇦🇺

USTBench

Preseason check-in. Looks like most of the topics have been covered:

Beer
Fishing
SJU is doing something new that is SURE to result in BIG things

Looking for my Australian Rules Footbawww update.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions

MiacMan

Quote from: USTBench on July 23, 2018, 12:30:02 PM
Preseason check-in. Looks like most of the topics have been covered:

Beer
Fishing
SJU is doing something new that is SURE to result in BIG things

Bench, comes out of hibernation. Glad to have you back old chap! Yep, watch out for that SJ2 offense, they are really going to open it up this year (now that Clark is gone).

MUC57

USTBench

Sometimes, we even slip football stuff into the conversation. Although, who really tires of beer talk? Or, for that matter, fishing - if you're from Minnesota. But for now I'll simply say - Go Tommies. And, by the way, Go Raiders and Go Everybody! ☠🏈🍺🎣

MiacMan

Does USTBench know that I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things! If not,  let him know. Maybe buy him a Milwaukee's Best! 🏈🍻

MiacMan

Quote from: MUC57 on July 23, 2018, 03:38:48 PM
USTBench

Sometimes, we even slip football stuff into the conversation. Although, who really tires of beer talk? Or, for that matter, fishing - if you're from Minnesota. But for now I'll simply say - Go Tommies. And, by the way, Go Raiders and Go Everybody! ☠🏈🍺🎣

MiacMan

Does USTBench know that I'm old. I get mixed up and I forget things! If not,  let him know. Maybe buy him a Milwaukee's Best! 🏈🍻

MUC

I'm sure he does know about your super powers! He usually just lurks on this board during the off-season and chimes in a little this time of year but will be a regular in the mix once the season gets cranking. He can knock back the Milwaukee's Best with the best of us, but he's a hotshot Lawyer and probably prefers some sort of high buck $$ craft or import beer. A good man none-the-less!

MUC57

MiacMan

If USTBench is an attorney , maybe he could help me with a "corpus delectable". (I love talking in legal jargon). Boy, she is somethin' else! I mean she........... Never mind! Go Teams!

OzJohnnie

Quote from: USTBench on July 23, 2018, 12:30:02 PM

I've been quiet the last few weeks on the AFL. The Hawks are struggling and currently hold the last playoff qualifying position.  Hit by a string of surprise retirements, unfortunate injuries and inconsistent play the Hawks have been providing famine or feast enjoyment to us supporters.

There are five weeks left in the regular season and the standings are quite tight. If the Hawks win out they will finish top 4 and get great seeding for the playoffs. If they drop two games then they likely miss out.
[  

USTBench

Quote from: MiacMan on July 23, 2018, 03:56:25 PM
Quote from: MUC57 on July 23, 2018, 03:38:48 PM
USTBench

MiacMan

MUC

I'm sure he does know about your super powers! He usually just lurks on this board during the off-season and chimes in a little this time of year but will be a regular in the mix once the season gets cranking. He can knock back the Milwaukee's Best with the best of us, but he's a hotshot Lawyer and probably prefers some sort of high buck $$ craft or import beer. A good man none-the-less!

I'm literally wearing cowboy boots and fighting off the bubble guts from all the Keystone and Coors Light I drank in Deadwood, SD and Minot, ND last week.

However, I did have a beer at the Rushmore Brewing Company in Custer that came in a pretentiously shaped glass and the bartender at Saloon 10 was a little smug. Might as well been on the campus of UST, but then a dog wondered in off the street and barfed on the sawdust floor underneath the chair Wild Bill Hickok was shot in and then started barking at a taxidermied jackalope. Really knocked everyone down a peg or two.
Augsburg University: 2021 MIAC Spring Football Champions