WBB: American Rivers Conference

Started by J 2 The Brizo, February 09, 2005, 10:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfredeneumann

Changes @ Coe

Nate Oakland has resigned as Coe College women's basketball head coach and former Dunkerton and Coe star Kayla Waskow has been promoted to take his place.

Oakland is moving on to an NCAA Division I coaching position after two seasons with the Kohawks.
Aaron Kampman on Coach Ed Thomas
I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

coocooforcoekohawk

The greatest player in Coe history gets to coach the next greastest player in Coe history.
Very excited about Kayla Waskow coaching the Kohawks!
The most exciting Coe women's games I've ever witnessed featured Kayla Waskow.
Aleena Hobbs +Kayla Waskow = The two best WBB Kohawks of all time!!!
I'm so happy 'cause today I found my friends. They're in my head.  I'm so ugly, that's okay, 'cause so are you!

doolittledog

Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

Preseason coaches poll is out...

http://www.iowaconference.com/news/2017/10/17/wartburg-tops-iiac-womens-basketball-preseason-coaches-poll.aspx

1.   Wartburg (7) 63 25-3, 15-1 IIAC (IIAC Regular Season & Tournament Champion) 
2.   Luther (2) 56 17-10, 12-4 IIAC   
3.   Loras  49 17-10, 10-6 IIAC   
4.   Coe  41 12-14, 7-9 IIAC   
5.   Simpson 33 9-16, 6-10 IIAC   
6.   Buena Vista 30 14-13, 9-7 IIAC   
7.   Nebraska Wesleyan 25 13-13, 6-10 IIAC   
8.   Dubuque 16 9-16, 5-11 IIAC   
9.   Central 11 9-16, 2-14 IIAC   
Coach Finstock - "There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that and everything else is cream cheese."

doolittledog

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The holidays brought us many presents in Division III basketball. From upsets to impressive performances, many teams made an impression. As a result, there is plenty to recap as Hoopsville returns to the air after the holiday break.

Join Dave as he talks to guests around the country and recaps an incredible few weeks - or tries to recap. From an assistant coach who made a life saving decision, a women's coach who has been fighting cancer without missing time with his team, to coaches around the country who have teams that have many wondering ... just how good are they?

With the midseason return of Hoopsville comes with it some of the more structured aspects of the show. For starters, Thursday nights are dedicated primarily to the East, Mid-Atlantic, Great Lakes, and West Regions for guests. Tonight also sees the season debut of the "WBCA Center Court" which is a segment that allows viewers to learn more about coaches and what they are involved in outside of basketball.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7pm ET right here: http://bit.ly/2CoVJhv.

You can also send your questions to the show and have them featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

Guests include (in order of appearance):
- Justin Smith, Dubuque women's assistant coach
- Brian Newhall, Occidental men's coach
- Guy Rancourt, No. 6 Lycoming men's coach
- Matt Dempsey, Merchant Marine women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Jeff Hans, No. 8 Thomas More women's coach
- Joe Burke, Skidmore men's coach

You can also tune into the podcast(s) after the show has aired:
SoundCloud: www.soundcloud.com/hoopsville
iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/hoopsville/id1059517087

Don't forget you can always interact with us:
Twitter: @d3hoopsville or #Hoopsville
Facebook: www.facebook.com/Hoopsville
Email: hoopsville@d3hoops.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/d3hoopsville

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Alfredeneumann

I believe his greatest legacy comes not in how many football games he won or lost but in the fact that he was a committed follower of Jesus Christ.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

It doesn't matter what night you tune in to Division III basketball, something will surprise you. There are teams leading conferences that weren't expected to be in the conversation, there are programs who continue their record-setting starts to the season, and others who seem to be defying expectations - well, at least those outside of the locker room.

On Thursday's edition of Hoopsville, Dave chats with a few coaches who have programs currently excelling - even if they have hit some bumps in the road recently. One has his program off to the best start in a storied program's history, another is leading a conference that has it's traditional leaders off the pace a bit, a third who was never thought would be on top, and a fourth looking to try and change national minds.

There is also a coach who is doing her best to help those with communications challenges, working on diversity and inclusion, all while leading Gallaudet to bigger and better results. Stephanie Stevens is this week's WBCA Center Court guest and will talk about what drew her to the deaf and hard of hearing university and what else keeps her busy off the basketball court. Stevens was a recent honoree of the WBCA Thirty Under 30.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7:00 p.m. ET here: http://bit.ly/2ndxRHj.

If you have questions for Dave or his guests, feel free to interact with the show (info to the right) or send them via email. Some may even be featured on the Hoopsville Mailbag segment. Email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com.

- Bob Amsberry, No. 2 Wartburg women's coach
- Amy Reed, RIT women's coach
- Stephanie Stevens, Gallaudet women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Darryl Keckler, Drew men's coach
- Kyle Lindsay, Adrian men's coach

You can also tune into (or subscribe) to the podcast after the show has aired:

Host of Hoopsville. USBWA Executive Board member. Broadcast Director for D3sports.com. Broadcaster for NCAA.com & several colleges. PA Announcer for Gophers & Brigade. Follow me on Twitter: @davemchugh or @d3hoopsville.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The NCAA released the third set of women's basketball regional rankings with few changes from last week's version. This is the final set that we'll see before the Tournament bracket is released on Monday. Full list here: http://d3hoops.com/notables/2018/02/women-regional-rankings-third

Alfredeneumann

Congrats to Wartburg Women. IIAC tournament champions,  86-74 over Luther. 18 straight  conf wins this season and 28 straight going back to last mid season loss @ Luther.

Alfredeneumann

IIAC Women's All-Conference Awards
Most Valuable Player        School    Year    Pos.    Hometown / High School
Katie Sommer @ >     Wartburg    Sr.    G    Cedar Rapids, Iowa / Linn-Mar

First Team    School    Year    Pos.    Hometown / High School
Jasmine Demers *    Buena Vista    Sr.    G    Storm Lake, Iowa / St. Mary's
Jenna Lehman # *    Coe    Sr.    G    Iowa City, Iowa / Regina
Marissa Schroeder    Loras    Fr.    F    Bellevue, Iowa / Marquette Catholic
Claire Marburger @ &    Luther    Jr.    F    Perry, Iowa / Perry
Laura Hamilton ~    Luther    So.    F    Chanhassen, Minn. / Minnetonka
Caitlin Navratil *    Nebraska Wesleyan    So.    G    Littleton, Colo. / Dakota Ridge
Noreen Morrow @ &    Simpson    Sr.    P    Lake Park, Iowa / Harris-Lake Park
Miranda Murphy &    Wartburg    Sr.    F    Alleman, Iowa / North Polk

Second Team    School    Year    Pos.    Hometown / High School
Claudia Larson    Buena Vista    Sr.    C    Fonda, Iowa / Newell-Fonda
Emily Dine ~    Central    Sr.    G    Oldsmar, Fla. / East Lake
Jackie Kriegel    Central    Sr.    F    Marengo, Iowa / Iowa Valley
Aleena Hobbs $ ! &    Coe    Sr.    G/F    Cedar Rapids, Iowa / Washington
Addie Oberman    Loras    Sr.    G/F    Clinton, Iowa / Northeast Goose Lake
Abbey Meyer    Dubuque    Sr.    G    Bernard, Iowa / Cascade
Morgan Neuendorf # *    Wartburg    Sr.    G    Shell Rock, Iowa / Waverly-Shell Rock
Aryn Jones ~    Wartburg    Sr.    C    Marion, Iowa / Linn-Mar
Honorable Mention    School    Year    Pos.    Hometown / High School
Morgan Muhlbauer    Buena Vista    Jr.    G    Manilla, Iowa / IKM-Manning
Jordan Holmes    Coe    Sr.    G    Cedar Rapids, Iowa / Kennedy
Madison Spence    Luther    Jr.    F    Glenwood Springs, Colo. / Glenwood Springs
Jenna Taylor    Simpson    So.    F    Creston, Iowa / Creston
Victoria Hazard    Simpson    Fr.    G    Janesville, Iowa / Janesville
Kristie Sommer *    Wartburg    Sr.    F    Cedar Rapids, Iowa / Linn-Mar
Emma Gerdes    Wartburg    So.    F    Cedar Falls, Iowa / Cedar Falls

Previous Honors
& - 2016-17 First Team All-Conference
*- 2016-17 Second Team All-Conference
~ - 2016-17 Honorable Mention
> - 2016-17 Most Valuable Player
! - 2015-16 First Team All-Conference
@ - 2015-16 Second Team All-Conference
# - 2015-16 Honorable Mention
$ - 2014-15 First Team All-Conference
% - 2014-15 Second Team All-Conference
^ - 2014-15 Honorable Mention
NOTE: The MVP shall have standing as an All-Conference player but is not a member of the first or second team.
NOTE: The defensive player of the year is not honored as All-Conference unless selected to the first or second team by the coaches

gordonmann

Looking forward to getting off the east coast of the Division III landscape and covering the games at Wartburg's sectional this weekend. If there are any fans from Wartburg who want to stop by and say hello, please do.

Dave 'd-mac' McHugh

The Sectional Round games are here. Soon 16 teams on both the men's and women's brackets will be whittled to eight ... and before we know it just four will remain.

Who will advance, who will fall short of the final weekend, and who is best prepared? Hard to answer all of those questions, but on Thursday's edition of Hoopsville Dave will have plenty of guests who will give us their insight on their programs.

Hoopsville is presented by D3hoops.com and airs from the WBCA/NABC Studio. You can watch the show LIVE starting at 7pm ET right here:http://bit.ly/2FBCA0N.

If you have questions, be sure to email them to hoopsville@d3hoops.com or interact with the show via the social media avenues.

- Bob Amsberry, No. 2 Wartburg women's coach
- Brian Morehouse, No. 4 Hope women's coach (WBCA Center Court)
- Glenn Robinson, Franklin & Marshall men's coach
- Charlie Brock, Springfield men's coach
- Eric Bridgeland, No. 1 Whitman men's coach
- Jim Scheible, No. 16 Rochester women's coach

If you enjoy the show via the podcasts instead, you can get access to them or subscribe one of the three following ways (click on the images when necessary):